Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

MONTH 1 — Show Your Progress Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elizabeth, Nic job of aligning those stripes. I like your fabrics. HelenW

Comment

Thrilled that this is actually lying flat! Those little curved seams are really little - not easy!
      Sally Gould Wright

Comment

• MaryJo M commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm chuckling, because that was my first exclamation when I finished. It's FLAT!!!! For me that's a huge success. Yours is lovely!

Month one finished....all fabrics pulled from my stash.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        Finally got the first block finished. I’m generally a machine piecer and have never hand pieced before. I thought I would do some machine and some hand on this quilt. So enjoyed the hand piecing that I have done it all by hand. As some others have done I eliminated the diagonal seam in the background. I tried to fussy cut them as best I could for continuity. Needs a good press but pretty happy with it.
        Thanks Barbara for the tip to extend the background sections, it’s just shy of 16 1/2” without the extension so now I can trim to exact size.
        Sheridan D, What a great looking block. Using the black stipe in the Lollies fabric to eliminate seams was super smart. My
        guess is if Jen saw your block she would be jumping with joy over how great it looks. HelenW

Comment

Finished my center block this afternoon. I used freezer paper to make templates and cut by hand and rotary cutter. I’m going for a blue and green quilt with gray background.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
            Editing a comment
            Jo Anne, That color palette is going to make for a beautiful quilt. Did you put the freezer on the back of the fabric or the top.
            If on the back did you pull it off and mark lines or did you not mark lines and just machine pieced it. Still looking for all the
            options since I did not buy the acrylic templates. HelenW

• Jo Anne commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Helen. I put the freezer paper on the back, cut the fabric 1/4” away from freezer paper, and marked the dots at the appropriate points. It was pretty easy and efficient. Machine pieced.

• soniasimone commented
            Editing a comment
            I love this elegant colorway. Going to be a beautiful quilt!

I hand pieced my center. I bought the kit and used mostly kit fabrics.

Comment

Here is my Pick a Petal Block 1. I found it challenging, but I am quite pleased with the results.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
              Editing a comment
              It reminds me of sherbet ice cream in the summer.

Its not exactly flat, but it will do...

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
              Editing a comment
              Beautiful, great fabric choices.

I received my TQS order with my templates, and I purchased some of the "star" logo fabric for some of the background. Pulling fabrics from my stash just made me smile! Barbara, your hints were invaluable as I traced the templates, cut, and slowly sewed by machine. My first exclamation when I finished was, "It's FLAT!" Not perfect, but I am so pleased! And I love seeing everyone's color choices.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
              Editing a comment
              What a beautiful block, MaryJo.

I've never posted a picture before and decided today was the day I would tackle it. I've enjoyed seeing so many versions of the same block all gorgeous. Obviously I wasn't able to get the pic centered --lol -- I had second thoughts about using the black but now I'm going to focus on working on the frame. I know if I have to stretch to get the dots to match the center won't lay flat--wish me luck. This has been a fun project. I've never printed so much of Barbara's blog pictures or wrote so many notes from the videos! I went full out scrappy but I have no idea where to go from here.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
              Editing a comment
              Keep going scrappy, your center looks great.

Oh -- I just realized if you click on the picture the whole thing shows! Including my work on the "homeward bound" yes -- its not finished either.

Comment

I was able to complete the eight fans to start the border. Doing it as we go was a great tip! Not perfectly curved but fine for me. The colorful scrappy seems to be coming together so far; such a happy quilt. I did try to alternate colors and values. I will use a different background for each month's eight.

Comment

Block one - it was challenging, thank you Jen Kingwell!! Barb, thank you for the great hints, you made the block easy!!
                Last edited by Marge P.; 01-13-2024, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great fabrics. Love the background!

I finally completed my center. I don’t have a laptop so I had to print the templates from my iPad. The sizes were a little off. Luckily there were some posts about appliquéing it onto the background. Those background templates were really off. I can’t wait to see who joins the bunnies!

Comment

• commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Your pink ring is perfect!

Comment

• Delores F. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I posted this picture before I ironed the block and it does lay pretty flat I appliquéd the background to the ring but I’m wondering if it would be easier just to cut a solid block and appliqué the ring to the background I’m not sure if anyone has tried that

• LORI M. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I cut a 20 inch block and sewed my bunny ring onto the block. I still need to trim it down to 16 1/2 inches. I don’t have a ruler that size so it’s kind of scary. Is that what you mean?

• Delores F. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  yes, thanks

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2806 users online. 493 members and 2313 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25685   Active Members: 1,318  
              Welcome to our newest member, Sandra Taylor-set0747.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

• MONTH 8 is Up!
                A few days early, Month 8 patterns are up and ready. Enjoy!
              • PICK A PETAL -- Show Your Finished Top Here
                So many are getting their Pick a Petal done early! Use this TOPIC so show off your completed top or quilt.
              • video tutorials
                For some reason I thought that you had done monthly videos for the bom, but maybe I'm wrong because I cant find them an...
              • MONTH 8 — Ask Questions Here
                Please use this TOPIC to ask questions about month 8....
              • MONTH 8 — Show Your Progress Here
                Please use this TOPIC to share your progress.
              • No more items.
              Working...
              X