Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Happy Dance! I won ribbons!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Dance! I won ribbons!

Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed at the reaction I received on this labor of love that was a true learning experience for this newbie. This was my first-ever quilt (actually, it’s still the only quilt I’ve finished), so honestly did not expect to win anything. I’m just pleased to have it hanging in a show and sharing my love for wool appliqué. Next up is the AQS Grand Rapids show in September. I have been encouraged to submit nationally, and was over the moon when my quilt was juried in. With the likes of Margaret Salomon Gunn (2023 Paducah Best in Show) in my category, my award will be just seeing it hanging with the other amazing works of art.
    Carole Berry

I am thrilled for you, Carole, and so happy you are brave enough to put your wonderful quilt out there for the world to see!
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

• Carole B. commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Barbara, for your encouragement throughout the process!

Originally posted by nhbaskets View Post
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed at the reaction I received on this labor of love that was a true learning experience for this newbie. This was my first-ever quilt (actually, it’s still the only quilt I’ve finished), so honestly did not expect to win anything. I’m just pleased to have it hanging in a show and sharing my love for wool appliqué. Next up is the AQS Grand Rapids show in September. I have been encouraged to submit nationally, and was over the moon when my quilt was juried in. With the likes of Margaret Salomon Gunn (2023 Paducah Best in Show) in my category, my award will be just seeing it hanging with the other amazing works of art.
    Carole, I still remember your first post on the TQS forum about Color My World asking in general if anyone thought it could be done as wool applique.
    It was such a fun year watching your quilt become more and more amazing as the months went by. Congratulations.
    Your story of not being a quilter to making an award winning quilt that is as remarkable as the likes of Margaret Saloman Gunn
    and even more remarkable since it was your first quilt. And I will not forget your story of being afraid to learn how to
    use your new sewing machine. Well done. HelenW
    Click on the attachment to see read that first post about your ribbon winning quilt.

Last edited by Helen W.; 07-31-2023, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HelenW View Post

Carole, I still remember your first post on the TQS forum about Color My World asking in general if anyone thought it could be done as wool applique.
      It was such a fun year watching your quilt become more and more amazing as the months went by. Congratulations.
      Your story of not being a quilter to making an award winning quilt that is as remarkable as the likes of Margaret Saloman Gunn
      and even more remarkable since it was your first quilt. And I will not forget your story of being afraid to learn how to
      use your new sewing machine. Well done. HelenW
      Click on the attachment to see read that first post about your ribbon winning quilt.

Oh Helen, I was hoping you’d see my post! You were my biggest cheerleader, something I will forever be grateful for. I’m still leery of my machine, but will use it as needed. And I found another way to solve the problem. Hand piecing! I took a class with Jen Kingwell and love the process! My grandfather was a tailor, so I think it’s always been in the stars for me to have needle and thread in hand. Thank you again for all your encouragement and suggestions along the way. Much love, Carole
      Carole Berry

Comment

• Helen W. commented
        Editing a comment
        Carole, Do you have any pics to post of stuff you have been working on. You are always such an
        inspiration. Love that you are doing hand piecing. That just seams like something you would love
        doing. I have been doing some modified Jason Yenter quilts. Rainbow of Jewels is one I am
        working on now. Finished 2 of his Enchanted Garden patterns. I have been changing up this
        year's BOM to be more folk like. Calling it Homeward Bound After Dark. So good to have you
        posting on the forum again. Have missed you. HelenW

Carole, Do you have any pics to post of stuff you have been working on. You are always such an
      inspiration. Love that you are doing hand piecing. That just seams like something you would love
      doing. I have been doing some modified Jason Yenter quilts. Rainbow of Jewels is one I am
      working on now. Finished 2 of his Enchanted Garden patterns. I have been changing up this
      year's BOM to be more folk like. Calling it Homeward Bound After Dark. So good to have you
      posting on the forum again. Have missed you. HelenW
      Thanks Helen. I’ve been working on BOM’s with Sue Spargo. I was fortunate enough to take a weeklong class with her in March at Primitive Gatherings in Wisconsin. Such a wonderful experience. She doesn’t allow us to post photos of the BOMs until they are available for sale, so I can’t share those. But, I do have a few other things I’ve been working on. There’s more, but my photos are too large.
      Last edited by Carole B.; 08-05-2023, 05:24 AM.
      Carole Berry

Comment

• Helen W. commented
        Editing a comment
        WOW,WOW,WOW...Carole you are just remarkable!!! As Sue Spargo lets you post her BOMs
        please don't forget about the TQS forum. I don't do facebook or other social media.
        Have you ever done any of your wool felt embroidery on jackets or clothing. You could be
        a walking talking art show. So glad you got to go to Wisconsin for a class with her. I have
        been painting this summer. So far I have painted the tram that goes to the lake. And the
        tommy lift gate on our pick up truck. Next is to sand the deck and stain it. I convert from
        quilter to construction worker in the summer. Looking forward to sewing season.
        HelenW

Carole - I saw your exquisite quilt today at AQS Grand Rapids!! Well done!!
      Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        Carole - I saw your exquisite quilt today at AQS Grand Rapids!! Well done!!
        So glad you saw it and commented here! I was blown away about placing 2nd in my category. My husband and I had a great trip out to Michigan, which made it even more special.
        Carole Berry

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
          Editing a comment
          Congratulations Carole! So happy for you and that your great quilt is being seen by so many.

My Home quilt was in its third show this past weekend, this time with my local Guild in the seacoast area of New Hampshire. More ribbons! A 1st Place, Exceptional Merit and Viewers Choice. Can’t tell you how thrilled I was to share this quilt that includes many local landmarks from past and present. Loved when people recognized the buildings!

I’ve now submitted for Road2CA along with AQS shows in Daytona Beach, Branson and Paducah. Fingers crossed that it gets juried into some or all four shows. If so, my husband and I plan to follow it around the country.

Thanks again, Barbara, for encouraging me to show this quilt. It has been so fun meeting people who have followed my journey!
        Carole Berry

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you, for sharing this news here and the quilt with the world! It is fun to see your excitement.

Congratulations again Carole!!! I just got my AQ magazine for it says is Jan. 2024 and your quilt HOME is on page
        63. Second place behind Margaret Solomon Gunn is quite amazing. Congrats again. Looking for to Pick a Petal. I just
        posted my color palette. What do the bundles you bought look like. HelenW

Comment

Thrilled to have won another ribbon, this time at Road to California where I received 2nd Place in the “Other” category. Was also able to finally meet the amazing artist who did my quilting, Cindy Paulson. Also took a class with Annie Smith who was a judge. Great show! Side note: Disappointed that Cindy did not receive credit on the write up provided by the show even though I had provided it. Her work is amazing!
          Carole Berry

Comment

• Helen W. commented
            Editing a comment
            Carole, How fun to see your quilt, you, and your quilter and the ribbon. It is too bad that they
            did not acknowledge the quilter in the write up. If I were you I would make a collage picture
            of the quilt, you and Cindy and one of the ribbon, frame it and give it to Cindy. Do happy for you!!!
            HelenW

• Ellen L. commented
            Editing a comment
            Congratulations on the win! It's just beautiful.

Carole, I know you are still out there because I see your name on the Lives. I just saw your quilt Home in
          the AQS May magazine on Page 59 for Viewers Choice and again on page 64 for Wall Quilts -Movable Machine
          quilted. Congratulations. What have you been up to lately??? HelenW
          Last edited by Helen W.; 04-07-2024, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Carole you won another ribbon, at Paducah! with your beautiful quilt. I just saw this on the AQS Facebook page:

2024 AQS QuiltWeek - Paducah Quilt Contest
            SMALL WALL QUILTS: Movable Machine Quilted sponsored by INNOVA

3rd Place: HOME by Carole Behan Berry of Dover, New Hampshire

Congratulations!!
            Carol in Michigan
            Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

Carole, I know you are still out there because I see your name one the Lives. I just saw your quilt Home in
              the AQS May magazine on Page 59 for Viewers Choice and again on page 64 for Wall Quilts -Movable Machine
              quilted. Congratulations. What have you been up to lately??? HelenW
              Thank you Helen and Carol for your posts. I am beyond excited and honored to have ribboned with my quilt, now in 5 national shows! Pinch me! Was thrilled to meet both Alex and Ricky in Paducah. I’ve been taking classes at all the shows to help me determine what methods work best for me. Have to say that Susan Cleveland has been one of my favorites. So entertaining and provides such great information. Here are a few photos from Paducah.
              Carole Berry

Comment

• Carol G. commented
                Editing a comment
                Well deserved ribbons! I saw it in Grand Rapids Michigan last year and it is gorgeous. Good idea to take different classes.

• Barbara B. commented
                Editing a comment
                And what a wonderful jacket too! So pleased with the success you have had with this first quilt. It sure paid for your TQS membership for many more years, right?

• Helen W. commented
                Editing a comment
                Carole, Love the pictures you posted. What a wonderful jacket. Your attention to detail is amazing. So glad you have been
                so successful with you quilt Home. HelenW

Originally posted by Barbara Black View Post
              And what a wonderful jacket too! So pleased with the success you have had with this first quilt. It sure paid for your TQS membership for many more years, right?
              Got that right! Thank you, Barbara, for encouraging me to show this quilt.
              Carole Berry

Comment

Carole, Love the pictures you posted. What a wonderful jacket. Your attention to detail is amazing. So glad you have been
                so successful with you quilt Home. HelenW
                Thanks, Helen, for being my cheerleader along the way!
                Carole Berry

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1944 users online. 404 members and 1540 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,225   Posts: 155,159   Members: 25567   Active Members: 1,236  
                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X