Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

Our Sponsors

Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?

I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone nearing the end that paper pieced? Please respond so I don’t feel alone…

Originally posted by Oaklaurel View Post
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone nearing the end that paper pieced? Please respond so I don’t feel alone…
    Sandi C, Why don't you just post your questions? A lot of us do paper piecing and probably can help you. HelenW

Comment

Once you have a copy the pattern correctly, i.e. the one at square is perfect, do you find that the printed pattern has a larger than a quarter inch seam allowance?

Comment

Originally posted by Oaklaurel View Post
        Once you have a copy the pattern correctly, i.e. the one at square is perfect, do you find that the printed pattern has a larger than a quarter inch seam allowance?
        I trimmed as you mention here, measuring 1/4" away from the seam line. These patterns are hand drawn so may not be precise. Being sure the 1" scale is perfect is most important.
        Barbara Black
        Huntsville AL
        https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
        "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Is anyone still working on Color My world? I had to stop in October and now want to finish. I have downloaded the patterns and instructions to start. I want to include a lighthouse. Has anyone else included one? I have questions.

Comment

• Jackie B. commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm still working on mine, Still have two tall buildings to finish. I decided to do traditional paper piecing for One World tower. Took a while to pick off the papers but I'm very happy with it.

• Barbara B. commented
            Editing a comment
            Several people have made lighthouses. You will have to look at past topics under 2021 BOM Color My World. Topics like Your Finish Here, Design Your Own Skyscrapers, etc have photos that include Lighthouses.

Those who are done may not be looking at this Category now.

• Lizbay commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm still working on mine. I am just now getting to the tall buildings so I have a long way to go. Just ran into the problem with printing month 8 that many people seemed to have. Very frustrating! I hope this doesn't happen with any of the rest of them.

Thanks for responding so quickly!

Comment

I paper pieced mine. Instill have the skyscrapers to do but I want to make Chicago ones s I have to make the patterns.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizbay View Post
              I'm still working on mine. I am just now getting to the tall buildings so I have a long way to go. Just ran into the problem with printing month 8 that many people seemed to have. Very frustrating! I hope this doesn't happen with any of the rest of them.
              There was information on how to get the correct size for month 8 patterns. You should be certain to go back through previous topics on prior months to get all the help that was provided.
              Barbara Black
              Huntsville AL
              https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
              "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Yes, I'm still working on this quilt top. Life got in the way & then my sew mojo crashed. Have gained a fresh perspective for 2022 "Finish" is my word for the year. I paper pieced the blocks because I enjoy the accuracy. Yet to do is one small house and then the skyscrapers. I especially enjoyed making the "village" houses.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 707 users online. 292 members and 415 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 03:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,936   Posts: 150,077   Members: 20748   Active Members: 1,629  
                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

• MONTH 4 — Show Your PROGRESS Here
                  I finished these in April and tried to post picture then but picture just showed up black so I deleted the post thinking...
                • Month 5 -- show your progress here
                  Absolutely beautiful fabric choices!
                  I am having fun and enjoying the BOM sew along w/ Barbara & Irene.
                • Color my world — your finish here
                  Carole B, I don't know how I missed this post. I think you made the Worlds Best first time quilt. I can't express how much...
                  Katy, Great job on your Color My World quilt. I really like your personalized corner designs and the way you combined your...
                  Barbara - Love Mary-Louise's use of men's ties (shown in your blog)-- so creative and the dark background really shows them...
                  Your blocks are really pretty!
                  Well I’m almost there. Just need to add my borders now. Added the following tall buildings of my own design: The Liver...
                  Barbara, Please tell Sally that I love, love, love her combination of wool, hand embroidery, Kaffe, and then using a subtle...
                • Lovely! Please post on the Forum so everyone can see your great work.
                  Pamela, I love your colors. I tend to migrate to bold, pure colors, but your color palette is inspiring me to step out...
                  Helen, your bird nest block is just beautiful!
                • I had so much fun working on this quilt, amending the pattern to include houses we have lived in here in England, the chapel...
                • No more items.

Trending

Collapse

Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
                • No more items.
                Working...
                X