Our Sponsors

Getting outer circle to lie flat

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting outer circle to lie flat

Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together with the road around its outside edge. Rather than try to scan ALL the forum posts...I'm asking...what do I need to do to get my outer circle (tall buildings 1-4 + skyscraper corners) to lie flat. Shall I take in some seams a little bit here and there? especially at the center of the curve? Shall I try to pin and begin sewing to road? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Assuming the patterns were the correct size, it’s all about the seam allowances. Check quite a few of them— if they are slightly narrow, the circle will be larger than it should be.
    The middle circle with the Upper Roads on the outside should measure 43.5” including seam allowances. Once your outside circle is flat, check to see your middle circle fits the open space of the outside circle. If it does, start pinning the North, South, East and West points, then half way between each of those, then halfway again, until you have pinned most every seam. Then you can start to sew.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Thank you Barbara. I appreciate your help. Checking the seams is my next step. Thanks for the measurement of the diameter of the center with upper road attached.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1384 users online. 592 members and 792 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,336 at 06:30 PM on 06-14-2021.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,829   Posts: 147,975   Members: 18902   Active Members: 2,334  
      Welcome to our newest member, Jean Farley-jefarley.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
      X