Clear All

Quilt is complete. Fun!

Love your border fabric. Nice job!
    Linda H
    Happy Quilting 

Comment

Beautiful! Great job!

Comment

My quilt top is itching to be quilted! Too late to buy the kit, used Amanda Murphy Cotton Shot Collection for the buildings and Ohio State University - University Hall instead of the Australia landmark. Thank you Barbara for all of your valuable hints and videos!

Comment

This reply by SMTHOMAS has been deleted by SMTHOMAS

Your background works great with this quilt!

Originally posted by grandmalarry View Post
          My quilt top is itching to be quilted! Too late to buy the kit, used Amanda Murphy Cotton Shot Collection for the buildings and Ohio State University - University Hall instead of the Australia landmark. Thank you Barbara for all of your valuable hints and videos!
          Your background works great with this quilt.

Comment

Your background looks happy!

Comment

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
                Editing a comment
                Darlene, that border is wonderful. Great job.

My colorfull world with parks is finish.

Comment

Great idea to do the parks.... I am working on 4 homes we actually lived in...soon will be done!!!

Comment

At our local quilt show Art Feeds the Soul Quilt Show it was awarded Judges Choice and at the end of the show it was tied for the Viewers Choice. I renamed the quilt as I began the border. The rumblings of war in the Ukraine were going on and that morning I read that in Chinese culture circles are a symbol of peace and harmony. At that point the name of the quilt became Circling My World. Each circle around the quilt touched another circle and with each stitch came with a prayer for peace.

Comment

• jptousley commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Congratulations! Your quilt is lovely and your title is so appropriate at this time. Your prayers for peace as you quilted are filled with love and hope for our troubled world. What lovely, loving thoughts! I have yet to quilt mine, and yours is a wonderful inspiration. Thank you for sharing yours.

Celebrating the finish of this awesome project. Thoroughly enjoyed the entire process, the challenges along the way and, of course, learning new quilting skills. Absolutely will use the freezer paper method of paper piecing for future projects!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 746 users online. 385 members and 361 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 03:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,985   Posts: 150,770   Members: 21458   Active Members: 1,840  
                  Welcome to our newest member, Lindell McDougall-lindellmcd.

Latest Topics

Collapse

• IMPORTANT -- Things to Know Before Making Diamond Borders
                    Reading--and enjoying the process
                  • Month 10 Vases
                    Each month as blocks are made the instructions tell you which blocks to sew together to form each section/row. At the end...
                  • HELLO AND THANKS TO EVERYONE
                    Hi Sue, I was so pleasantly surprised to see that you are from the Hudson Valley. I to am from there. I lived in Wappingers...
                  • Month 10 Vases
                    when will we learn how to put the blocks together? Are we supposed to sew the blocks we have finished around the center...
                  • Month 10 Vases
                    No, the ombré fabrics and Kaffe have nothing to do with the 2023 BOM. But I have started that, eager to show it off, s...
                  • The Handmade Quilt - Progress Pictures
                    Dee and TQS: thank you for offering this skill-building project. I plan a combo approach, some hand piecing, some machine...
                  • Month 10 Vases
                    Barbara, It had been 2 weeks since I looked at your blog. Can't tell you how much I love the ties quilt and the wool quilt...
                  • Month 10 Vases
                    My blog today gives you a look ahead at Month 10 vases. The patterns will be available in a few days.

htt...
                  • The Handmade Quilt - Discussion
                    Hi Dee, on this week's live, someone asked about the book
                    I always watch it delayed due to time difference. ...
                    Share Pictures of your Handmade Quilt work in progress here. We can't wait to see!...
                  • The Handmade Quilt - Discussion
                    Post your questions, comments, etc. about The Handmade Quilt project here.
                  • Basket Rendezvous - question
                    I received my Basket Rendezvous kits - both the warm and cool kits - and they are wonderful. So wonderful, in fact, that...
                  • No more items.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                  X