Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

MONTH 1 — Show Your Progress Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was not going to do it this year (too scared of hand piecing somehow managed to convince myself last Friday to give it a try. Many ripping and resewing finally it is done! Not happy with the fabric choices (the star blends in and hard to see) but I am okay to leave it at this point, haha.

Comment

• soniasimone commented
      Editing a comment
      I really like it, though, it has a beautiful vintage feel. Laundry Basket fabrics?

Deb S

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
      Editing a comment
      No photo, probably too large. See the instructions in the Sticky Topics for how to resize.

Block 1 was challenging with fabric selection, curves, y-seams, inset wavey circle. I'm really happy with my results. I did purchase the kit but am already adding fabric from my stash. PS. I did not take Barbara's advice to cut outer pieces larger and ended up redoing it with a different fabric.

Comment

Well I have not started my block. Was waiting on the templates and there were some there last night but there was some technical problems. When that was solved the templates were out of stock. I am not a very experienced quilter and don't feel comfortable making the templates.
      I hope more are coming so I can proceed with the quilt. Also just saw there is no name. How do I add it?
      Sally
      Last edited by Sally H.; 02-01-2024, 11:44 PM.

Comment

• Vesta C. commented
        Editing a comment
        Fill out a help ticket for the name to show up. The drop-down HELP is in “My Dashboard” after you log in.

• Laurie F. commented
        Editing a comment
        Vesta C - I wonder why we all need to fill out help tickets? I’ve done everything I can to have my name show in my profile…

• Ann J. commented
        Editing a comment
        It could be you need to log out of The Quilt Show and log back in. Then go to the Forum. I've been struggling with this for weeks myself, but this fixed it. I tend to login to TQS and leave the browser window open for days. Somewhere in that time frame, I lose my login to the Forum, although the home page still says I'm logged in.

Hello from Geneva, IL. (Laurie Fujimoto @FujiQuilts) Going with the original kit and some of my other favorite fabrics (Tula Pink’s critters) to make this quilt. Loving the process and the outcomes! (Background is Thicket by Gingiber and Moda.)
      Last edited by Laurie F.; 02-02-2024, 08:37 PM.
      Laurie F.
      Geneva, IL

Comment

• Judith A. commented
        Editing a comment
        I really like your Tula star and your antique Singer. Very nice!

This is Month 1 complete, sans ironing and trimming. I am hand piecing this quilt. I am working from my stash and will supplement with new fabrics, if needed,

Comment

This block was not easy. Thank you to Barbara for all of your excellent guidance.

Comment

Comment

why does my name not show with Star Member

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
              Editing a comment
              Check your settings. Click on the people silhouettes icon on the left side of the Forum--mine has my photo and it says Welcome Barbara. Then go to account settings/privacy. See what is selected there and make any changes. If this doesn't work, start a ticket for help. That link is at the bottom of every page.

Almost finished with Month 1...

Comment

I decided to use fabric that I died several years ago. I used 200 thread count muslin and then washed in hot water and dryer. The fabric is very difficult to needle so I'm machine sewing instead of hand sewing.
              Last edited by karonray; 02-25-2024, 09:15 AM. Reason: can't get picture attached.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
                Editing a comment
                Picture is probably too large. Resize it smaller and try again.

I was demonstrating on a reproduction of a Singer crank sewing machine at the log cabin in our historic village in Michigan. I decided to make the BOM month 1 for this year. It was well received!!!

Comment

Well, I am way behind, but I finished Month 1. I took a picture of both the front and the back. I pressed the seams open except for my background fabric. It is the Quilt Show star fabric and you could see the shadow. I haven't decided on what I want to do with Block 1 (Month 2) and Block 2 (Month 3) yet, so I moving on to Month 4 and working on the fans for the outer border.

Comment

I’m a little behind, but my center panel is done. I appliquéd it into the pieced background.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Shannon, Is that rickrack around the fans. It look like detailed hand embroidery until you zoom
                    the picture. I like how you fussy cut the blue diamonds for the center. HelenW

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2104 users online. 251 members and 1853 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                X