Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

MONTH 1 — Show Your Progress Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Month 1….

Comment

Gail, Far North Queensland, Australia

Comment

• Helen W. commented
        Editing a comment
        Gail, I like the use of 2 fabrics in your background, or is that an ombre fabric. Adds interest. HelenW

• Helen W. commented
        Editing a comment
        Gail, I like the background with variation in color tone, is it an ombre? HelenW

I am waiting for templates to become available again so am playing around with fabric selection. I usually use every color available, but this time I’m doing “organized scrappy”!

I selected a focus fabric and 5 solids that I identify in that fabric. Had to order 3 of them - I don’t have many solids. Those are my first round….second I am choosing fabrics in my stash that relate (not much into matching) to original fabrics.

I have lots of mostly white/off white low-volumes. Plan to keep those very calm.

Hope the templates are available soon - tired of over-thinking.

Vesta

Vesta

Comment

Comment

I solved my problem by reverse appliquéing the frame on to the center piece. Hooray
          Susan Skeel
          Des Moines Iowa

Comment

• Helen W. commented
            Editing a comment
            Susan, It looks fabulous. What a difference. HelenW

• Barbara B. commented
            Editing a comment
            Great solution!

I did it all by machine. Thanks for the tips Barbara and Jen.

Comment

Redo of the center block. Hand and machine pieced.
            Jackie

Comment

Inge

Comment

Comment

GypsyBobbin, If you post your pictures on the topic Month 1 Show your progress, everyone will see it. If you
                  post on your own topic it makes it harder for Barbara Black to keep things organized on the forum. Good job.
                  HelenW

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks, Helen, I moved it.

Ready to tackle the background next. I think this block has challenged me more than any in the last few years of BOM's.
                  Carole B. When you said you were hoping it would get easier, you are not the only one feeling the challenge. I think we
                  are doing the hardest part of the whole quilt in the first month. So just hang in there. HelenW

Comment

• Lynnanne commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Beautiful Helen,as all your work is.

Originally posted by HelenW View Post
                  Ready to tackle the background next. I think this block has challenged me more than any in the last few years of BOM's.
                  Carole B. When you said you were hoping it would get easier, you are not the only one feeling the challenge. I think we
                  are doing the hardest part of the whole quilt in the first month. So just hang in there. HelenW
                  Looks great, Helen! Glad I’m in good company about feeling challenged! This is the first time I’ve ever attempted a pieced block, so of course I had to do it all by hand. Today I feel much better with what I’ve done and are really enjoying it. Only need to attach 3 more fans then onto the background. Woohoo!
                  Carole Berry

Comment

Center is done. Have a bunch of fan blades ready to work on for the rest of the month!

Comment

Originally posted by nhbaskets View Post

Looks great, Helen! Glad I’m in good company about feeling challenged! This is the first time I’ve ever attempted a pieced block, so of course I had to do it all by hand. Today I feel much better with what I’ve done and are really enjoying it. Only need to attach 3 more fans then onto the background. Woohoo!
                      Carole, I saw all the pins you use on your fan. Does your thread get caught on them when you are stitching?
                      I put the pin in the spot on the line and go thru the line on the bottom fabric, then put a clip next to the pin
                      and pull the pin out. It works great. Your block is looking great, so glad you are enjoying it. HelenW

Comment

This has been a challenging block for me! I’m content with the outcome and especially like the fabrics! Barbara’s tip to cut the background larger and trim down was extremely helpful! I watched Jen and Barbara’s videos multiple times while constructing the block — great resources!
                        Last edited by Dottie Z.; 01-09-2024, 03:14 PM.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2097 users online. 247 members and 1850 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                        Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                        X