Quilting Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

• MONTH 7 — Show Your Progress Here
    Please use this TOPIC to share your progress.

We are past the halfway point now!
  • MONTH 7 — Ask Questions Here
    Please use this TOPIC to ask questions about Month 7....
  • Month 6 — SHOW YOUR PROGRESS HERE
  • Quilting color my world
    Hi there
    I am in the process of E2E and noticed your post. I would love to see your quilt. I'm still trying to finish....
  • Reclamation
    Hi Nicole. I am reviewing your question. I will message you privately. Sorry for any confusion....
  • Flanged bindings
    Ricky is glad his DVD is available free for Star Members. It is his detailed explanation of his process.

The...
  • Reclamation
    Hello, I'm very angry, I'm a star member and I don't have access to the video, I'm going around in circles between login...
  • Flanged bindings
    I will pass this on to him. It is a great binding technique, one that is handy to have in your toolbox.

Ricky's...
    Shoo-fly block done. Still doing handwork non vase and flowers.
  • Flanged bindings
    I visited the Texas quilt museum last week and was privileged to see Ricky Tims’ exhibition there. He presents such beautiful...
    Love what you did with the vase.
    I am enjoying making this quilt.
  • NEUTRAL BLOOMS — Ask Questions Here
    Alex stated that you cut out the points of petals from the back of the sashing flowers. What about the border flowers? Once...
    Robin, I just love dark backgrounds, and you fabulous looking quilt just confirms it. Love the muted
    colors in combination...
  • Gelli Prints class
    Hi Dee, enjoyed your class for the Gelli Prints. I had previously heard of, but not seen it in use. Some day when I get...
    Robin, this is spectacular!
    I can’t believe I am all caught up since I decided to start this over Memorial Day weekend. I opted out of doing the pieced...
  • Fabric Issues
    Thank you Helen and Judith! It didn't occur to me to use some stabilizer, that probably would have made it a lot easier....
  • No more items.

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

Our Sponsors

Color my world — your finish here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

• Peggy K. commented
      Editing a comment
      I so love your version. I am new here and just getting my fabrics together. I love your use of batiks. Inspiration for me. Thanks.

• Cindy P. commented
      Editing a comment
      Love your quilt! The little houses are adorable! Did you create the patterns? I especially like the one with palm trees since I live in Florida. Would you mind sharing or selling that pattern? Thank you! ([email protected])

Alleluia! Finished in time to gift it to my son for Christmas. Thank you Barbara for all your instructions and everyone who shared their photos and wisdom on the forum. Happy Holidays!! ~Nancy
    ~Nancy

Comment

Semi finish….. ran out of black binding… long story… mis calculated. I think I’ll finish with a strip of the background. It’s at the bottom. Where I plan on hanging … it may not be too obvious
      Also. I enjoyed this experience so much and admire the quilts that we all did… now onto the ‘The Garden Party’!
      Elizabeth Anderson
      Cadiz, KY  (near Paducah)

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
        Editing a comment
        I doubt you will notice the small amount of binding at the bottom. Congratulations on being done before the years end! Quite an accomplishment.

I hope you can see this….I decided to put my ‘label’ on the front… I couldn’t get my picture of my name and year to upload
      Elizabeth Anderson
      Cadiz, KY  (near Paducah)

Comment

This reply by Sandra Hand-hand_rs1 has been deleted by Sandra Hand-hand_rs1

The top is finished!!! What a great challenge this has been and I LOVE the results. I switched out the two towers from Australia with the Peace Tower in Ottawa and our local Calgary Tower. It's good to be challenged sometimes and I want to thank Wendy Williams for designing such a fun pattern and Barbara Black for the great additional instructions - could not have done it without you! Hope to have it quilted in the New Year.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	381.9 KB
ID:	890264 The top is finished!!! What a great challenge this has been and I LOVE the results. I switched out the two towers from Australia with the Peace Tower in Ottawa and our local Calgary Tower. It's good to be challenged sometimes and I want to thank Wendy Williams for designing such a fun pattern and Barbara Black for the great additional instructions - could not have done it without you! Hope to have it quilted in the New Year.

I have not finished my quilt yet but I wanted to share my replacements for the four iconic buildings since I won’t be a member after January 1st.
        I chose 4 lighthouses. Newport, RI, Nobska, Cape Cod,
        Key West Lighthouse, and Peggy’s Cove, Nova Scotia. I am from RI, I live on Cape Cod, I frequently visit Key west, and have family from Nova Scotia. I hope you like them.
        I have also used machine felting for tree tops, and will use colored pencils to shadow lighthouses since they are so white! Thank you. This has been a great year doing this project. Thank you Barbara for all your help and advice.

Comment

My top is finished - I'm pleased with the results. I have decided to have it quilted instead of doing it myself. This will be my first quilt to be quilted by check. Thank you Barbara for all the advise along the way. It's inspiring to see all of the finished pieces popping up.

Comment

I am finished the top and am busily quilting it. Enjoyed the process and the challenges. Loved looking at everyone’s work, so I thought I better share too.
            I drafted the CN tower in Toronto, and Race Rocks lighthouse here in Victoria, BC. We kayaked out to it once on a perfect day. Still need to put a clock face on Big Ben. Nancy D

Comment

The top is finished!!! What a great challenge this has been and I LOVE the results. I switched out the two towers from Australia with the Peace Tower in Ottawa and our local Calgary Tower. It's good to be challenged sometimes and I want to thank Wendy Williams for designing such a fun pattern and Barbara Black for the great additional instructions - could not have done it without you! Hope to have it quilted in the New Year.

Having trouble posting the photos - help please!

This quilt was almost the death of me. (Various profanity was spoken while forcing it to my will.)I know I sound dramatic but putting it together was very challenging for me, but it is done! I changed out the 4 small houses to my home, my cabin, the house I grew up in and my grandparents house. The tall buildings were updated to reflect places special to me.
              Honestly, if I knew that this quilt required more skill than I had I may not have started it. I was not ready to admit defeat so I never gave up. It is beautiful to me. Thank you Barbara and all you other quilters for inspiring me.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
                Editing a comment
                Lisa E, you should be proud of yourself for your perseverance. This will be a special quilt for you to enjoy now.

Got the outer ring on, finally.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandra Hand-hand_rs1 View Post

Having trouble posting the photos - help please!
                Your photos are most likely too large. Resize them smaller and try again.
                Barbara Black
                Huntsville AL
                https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sandra Hand-hand_rs1 View Post
                    Congratulations on a job well done! And also for posting photos--so happy to see your work.
                    Barbara Black
                    Huntsville AL
                    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 640 users online. 310 members and 330 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 03:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,956   Posts: 150,344   Members: 20927   Active Members: 1,676  
                    Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

• MONTH 7 — Show Your Progress Here
                      Please use this TOPIC to share your progress.

We are past the halfway point now!
                    • MONTH 7 — Ask Questions Here
                      Please use this TOPIC to ask questions about Month 7....
                    • Quilting color my world
                      Hi there
                      I am in the process of E2E and noticed your post. I would love to see your quilt. I'm still trying to finish....
                    • Reclamation
                      Hi Nicole. I am reviewing your question. I will message you privately. Sorry for any confusion....
                    • Flanged bindings
                      Ricky is glad his DVD is available free for Star Members. It is his detailed explanation of his process.

The...
                    • Reclamation
                      Hello, I'm very angry, I'm a star member and I don't have access to the video, I'm going around in circles between login...
                    • Flanged bindings
                      I will pass this on to him. It is a great binding technique, one that is handy to have in your toolbox.

Ricky's...
                      Shoo-fly block done. Still doing handwork non vase and flowers.
                    • Flanged bindings
                      I visited the Texas quilt museum last week and was privileged to see Ricky Tims’ exhibition there. He presents such beautiful...
                      Love what you did with the vase.
                      I am enjoying making this quilt.
                    • NEUTRAL BLOOMS — Ask Questions Here
                      Alex stated that you cut out the points of petals from the back of the sashing flowers. What about the border flowers? Once...
                    • No more items.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X