Quilting Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

• MONTH 7 — Ask Questions Here
    Thank you for the early posting Barbara!
  • MONTH 7 — Show Your Progress Here
    Please use this TOPIC to share your progress.

We are past the halfway point now!
    Please use this TOPIC to ask questions about Month 7....
  • Month 6 — SHOW YOUR PROGRESS HERE
  • Quilting color my world
    Hi there
    I am in the process of E2E and noticed your post. I would love to see your quilt. I'm still trying to finish....
  • Reclamation
    Hi Nicole. I am reviewing your question. I will message you privately. Sorry for any confusion....
  • Flanged bindings
    Ricky is glad his DVD is available free for Star Members. It is his detailed explanation of his process.

The...
  • Reclamation
    Hello, I'm very angry, I'm a star member and I don't have access to the video, I'm going around in circles between login...
  • Flanged bindings
    I will pass this on to him. It is a great binding technique, one that is handy to have in your toolbox.

Ricky's...
    Shoo-fly block done. Still doing handwork non vase and flowers.
  • Flanged bindings
    I visited the Texas quilt museum last week and was privileged to see Ricky Tims’ exhibition there. He presents such beautiful...
    Love what you did with the vase.
    I am enjoying making this quilt.
  • NEUTRAL BLOOMS — Ask Questions Here
    Alex stated that you cut out the points of petals from the back of the sashing flowers. What about the border flowers? Once...
    Robin, I just love dark backgrounds, and you fabulous looking quilt just confirms it. Love the muted
    colors in combination...
  • Gelli Prints class
    Hi Dee, enjoyed your class for the Gelli Prints. I had previously heard of, but not seen it in use. Some day when I get...
    Robin, this is spectacular!
    I can’t believe I am all caught up since I decided to start this over Memorial Day weekend. I opted out of doing the pieced...
  • No more items.

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

Our Sponsors

Color my world — your finish here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KathKelly1963 View Post
    I had the same issue! Apparently there are videos but they’re not posted in The Quilt Show the same as all other months. I truly enjoyed doing the BOM until the end my out edge is way to big so I’m assuming I’ve done something wrong, I’ve spent a lot of time and money so I’m going to do my best to finish alone.
    The videos are under the Facebook Lives, found on the first page of the 2021 BOM patterns.

Did you read the blogs I wrote to provide lots of instruction on Months 11 and 12? That is where I can explain things best and with the most detail.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Comment

• Becky M. commented
        Editing a comment
        I substituted Chicago’s Sears Tower (now Willis) since I’m in Illinois. Planning to add some thread sketching to darken it a bit—Also added some thread sketching to the 4 small houses to match our last 4 homes we lived in. Added some ballerinas in the inner house doors & windows. Love this BOM & can’t wait for 2022! Thanks Barbara for great teaching
        That helped me actually complete this in the year it was intended!!!

i finished my top! What an accomplishment! it is flat and square!
      Carolyn Owens

Comment

Here is my finished top. I personalised the small houses and put in the Auckland Sky Tower instead of the centre point tower as Auckland is home for me. I am looking forward to quilting it and having it finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie4759 View Post
          I finished my quilt top. Now just need to quilt it. Very happy with how this project came out. I made a Seattle Space Needle and a NW Coastal Totem Pole for 2 of my tall corner blocks. Thanks for a great BOM and all the work to make this successful for the quilters.
          Debbie, I love the totem pole. Wish I would have thought of that. It definitely would have made it into my country version of
          Color My World in Flannel. HelenW

Comment

Whew! Done and done! Can't believe I finished this in time to give it away for Christmas! The only major change I did was to put in parks in place of the city houses. We all need more green spaces in our lives! Cheers!!!!!

Comment

So happy to be (almost) finished with my quilt top, using my stash of shot cottons and personalizing to include my "near and dear" cities and places. Looking forward to trying some embroidery to add some touches. I really enjoyed working on this unique pattern and love seeing so many beautiful photos on the Forum. Barbara's videos were a real highlight during this frustrating pandemic year, and I learned a lot.

Comment

Two opposite corners feature my toronto CN Tower, and the Lighthouse at Peggy's Cove, N.S. The little houses in the city - I tried to give them a seasonal vibe - spring, summer fall and winter. Now to figure out the quilting. I will have a few puckers to quilt out I am sure! Thank you Babara so very much for all your guidance throughout this year.

Comment

• Susan G. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Love your personal corners. Any chance you'd share your patterns? I'm no artist. I was born in Toronto so would love the CN Tower and I enjoyed Peggy's Cove. [email protected]

My first BOM and so happy to get my design wall back. All my hand dyes except 2 tiny pieces of fabric, one is windows in my childhood home that is fabric from my grandmother and the big ben clock face star burst.
                Laceflower

Time you enjoy wasting is not a waste of time.

Comment

• Josephine G. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wonderful. I can't imagine all the work in you hand dyes.

Just finished quilting - it was a beast to manipulate on my small domestic machine, but overall a very satisfying project. The colors are actually much brighter than this photo. The upper right skyscraper is the California tower in Balboa Park, San Diego - my home town.

Comment

Thank you for the fun BOM, I looked forward to receiving the instructions every month.

Comment

• jptousley commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I love your happy, festive world! The trees are great!

• Peggy K. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi. I’m new here and am just starting to plan my Color My World. I’m wondering what you used for your background. Thanks.

I am ready! It looks great and it was such a fun to make this quilt! Thanks to Barbara for all the good tips.
                  I had a bad surprise this morning. I made the winding towert of my hometown. It costs me one day and I was quiete satisfied with it. Yesterday evening I used water to erase the markings and the red batic fabric bleeded into the backround. So I had to made another corner, I made the castle tower of my hometown instead, was faster because easier.

Comment

Originally posted by sewskeel View Post
                    Hallelujah it is done. Going to quilter next. It actually went together smoother than I was fearing. Barbara: Thanks for all your help and guidance.
                    How did you do your Statue of Liberty? Did you print it on the text fabric?

Comment

This reply by MarietteD has been deleted by MarietteD

finished quilting and gifted to my
                      granddaughter for her 13th birthday. she loves it
                      Attached Files

quilted and gifted to my Granddaughter for her 13th birthday. she loves it

Comment

• jptousley commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Beautiful! And, what a memorable 13th birthday gift from one’s grandmother!

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 744 users online. 399 members and 345 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 03:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,956   Posts: 150,345   Members: 20929   Active Members: 1,679  
                    Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Thank you for the early posting Barbara!
                    • MONTH 7 — Show Your Progress Here
                      Please use this TOPIC to share your progress.

We are past the halfway point now!
                      Please use this TOPIC to ask questions about Month 7....
                    • Quilting color my world
                      Hi there
                      I am in the process of E2E and noticed your post. I would love to see your quilt. I'm still trying to finish....
                    • Reclamation
                      Hi Nicole. I am reviewing your question. I will message you privately. Sorry for any confusion....
                    • Flanged bindings
                      Ricky is glad his DVD is available free for Star Members. It is his detailed explanation of his process.

The...
                    • Reclamation
                      Hello, I'm very angry, I'm a star member and I don't have access to the video, I'm going around in circles between login...
                    • Flanged bindings
                      I will pass this on to him. It is a great binding technique, one that is handy to have in your toolbox.

Ricky's...
                      Shoo-fly block done. Still doing handwork non vase and flowers.
                    • Flanged bindings
                      I visited the Texas quilt museum last week and was privileged to see Ricky Tims’ exhibition there. He presents such beautiful...
                      Love what you did with the vase.
                      I am enjoying making this quilt.
                    • No more items.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X