Quilting Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

• MONTH 7 — Ask Questions Here
    Thank you for the early posting Barbara!
  • MONTH 7 — Show Your Progress Here
    Please use this TOPIC to share your progress.

We are past the halfway point now!
    Please use this TOPIC to ask questions about Month 7....
  • Month 6 — SHOW YOUR PROGRESS HERE
  • Quilting color my world
    Hi there
    I am in the process of E2E and noticed your post. I would love to see your quilt. I'm still trying to finish....
  • Reclamation
    Hi Nicole. I am reviewing your question. I will message you privately. Sorry for any confusion....
  • Flanged bindings
    Ricky is glad his DVD is available free for Star Members. It is his detailed explanation of his process.

The...
  • Reclamation
    Hello, I'm very angry, I'm a star member and I don't have access to the video, I'm going around in circles between login...
  • Flanged bindings
    I will pass this on to him. It is a great binding technique, one that is handy to have in your toolbox.

Ricky's...
    Shoo-fly block done. Still doing handwork non vase and flowers.
  • Flanged bindings
    I visited the Texas quilt museum last week and was privileged to see Ricky Tims’ exhibition there. He presents such beautiful...
    Love what you did with the vase.
    I am enjoying making this quilt.
  • NEUTRAL BLOOMS — Ask Questions Here
    Alex stated that you cut out the points of petals from the back of the sashing flowers. What about the border flowers? Once...
    Robin, I just love dark backgrounds, and you fabulous looking quilt just confirms it. Love the muted
    colors in combination...
  • Gelli Prints class
    Hi Dee, enjoyed your class for the Gelli Prints. I had previously heard of, but not seen it in use. Some day when I get...
    Robin, this is spectacular!
    I can’t believe I am all caught up since I decided to start this over Memorial Day weekend. I opted out of doing the pieced...
  • No more items.

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

Our Sponsors

Color my world — your finish here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profile Image
    replied
    Originally posted by bpalluzi View Post
    I know it is late, but I finally finished my top. I just love this project. Now I am getting the backing fabric ready. It will probably be a while until I finish it all, but I am excited to see the top done finally.
    Great accomplishment! I know you are glad the top is done.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    I know it is late, but I finally finished my top. I just love this project. Now I am getting the backing fabric ready. It will probably be a while until I finish it all, but I am excited to see the top done finally.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    Hi, Lynn, just in case you see this late post, I would love to have your pattern for Lady Liberty and would be glad to pay you for it. We are a family of immigrants, so she has a special place in my heart. I can be reached at [email protected]

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    Ann.. this is beautifu! I am behind and just starting the "skyscrapers". Do you have the finished background sizes for the corners? I would like to applique my "hometown" icons and don't know how to figure the finished size of these corners. Any help would be appreciated as I noticed you reconfigured yours beautifully! Thx in advance..

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    Gorgeous!!

• Profile Image
    replied
    Originally posted by ajclapp View Post
    I'm enjoying looking at all of the finished quilts and the quilts in progress. My world has gotten so busy that I don't have near enough time to sew lately but I did get the first round of houses done and used a panel for the center and background, actually pieces of several panels. It needs another border, maybe a piano key or log cabin style. Not sure when or if that will happen. I'm thinking I will have plenty of projects for the next generation to finish! I did make a compass using my first fabric choices and a single house to see what the quilt might have looked like if I actually found time to make it. For now I have numerous ideas for quilts and am having to prioritize. Plus I'm trying to get a few of my rulers finished with instructions before the local quilt show this fall.
    Annis, as always, your work delights and amazes. Spectacular design with the wonderful panel used as background. I will look forward to seeing what comes next.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    I'm enjoying looking at all of the finished quilts and the quilts in progress. My world has gotten so busy that I don't have near enough time to sew lately but I did get the first round of houses done and used a panel for the center and background, actually pieces of several panels. It needs another border, maybe a piano key or log cabin style. Not sure when or if that will happen. I'm thinking I will have plenty of projects for the next generation to finish! I did make a compass using my first fabric choices and a single house to see what the quilt might have looked like if I actually found time to make it. For now I have numerous ideas for quilts and am having to prioritize. Plus I'm trying to get a few of my rulers finished with instructions before the local quilt show this fall.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    Originally posted by Barbara Black View Post

Carole, you will have to read each show's rules carefully with all the embroidery on your quilt. Finding the proper category can be a challenge and it probably won't be eligible for every show. If in doubt, ask the show director before you enter.
    Thank you, Barbara, for the great advice!

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    Originally posted by nhbaskets View Post
    Helen--Just heard back from Wendy giving me permission to show my quilt. She told me I should enter it in lots of shows.

Carole, you will have to read each show's rules carefully with all the embroidery on your quilt. Finding the proper category can be a challenge and it probably won't be eligible for every show. If in doubt, ask the show director before you enter.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    Carole B, So happy for you. Start entering those shows and be sure to get back to us with pics
    if you win any ribbons. I think is Blue Ribbon caliber. Go for it. Just shows what a beginning quilter can do. HelenW

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    Helen--Just heard back from Wendy giving me permission to show my quilt. She told me I should enter it in lots of shows.

• Profile Image
    replied

Thank you for the kind words, Helen. I did learn a lot—and are still learning! I’m honored to say that Wendy has also been following my progress along the way from my posts on Instagram. I recently emailed her asking permission in case I end up showing this in a quilt show at some point. Hummm. Need to follow up on that. I’m now working on a small wall hanging for my great niece for her high school graduation. Thinking of trying hand quilting this when it’s done. Here are a few blocks. It’s a Sue Spargo design. My niece loves birds and these are adorable!
    Carole B, Like your niece I too love birds. And your birds are so, so cute. She will love it. It is a size that would be great for
    hand quilting. You stitching can't be beat. HelenW

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    So happy to finally have this finished. Now to find somewhere to hang it.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    Originally posted by HelenW View Post

Carole B, I don't know how I missed this post. I think you made the Worlds Best first time quilt. I can't express how much I love,
    love, love it. Every detail is so well thought out. Who says you can't teach an old dog, new tricks. I try to learn a new trick or two
    with every quilt.You certainly learned a lot last year. Thanks for documenting the whole process you went thru. I so enjoy the posts. HelenW
    PS Did you send a picture to Wendy Williams? She will think she created a Rock Star.
    Thank you for the kind words, Helen. I did learn a lot—and are still learning! I’m honored to say that Wendy has also been following my progress along the way from my posts on Instagram. I recently emailed her asking permission in case I end up showing this in a quilt show at some point. Hummm. Need to follow up on that. I’m now working on a small wall hanging for my great niece for her high school graduation. Thinking of trying hand quilting this when it’s done. Here are a few blocks. It’s a Sue Spargo design. My niece loves birds and these are adorable!

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    460 days in the making and my wool appliqué on wholecloth linen quilt top is done! Onto the backing and then shipping off for quilting. I’ve learned so much over the past year. So glad TQS came across my Facebook feed on New Year’s Eve 2020!
    Carole B, I don't know how I missed this post. I think you made the Worlds Best first time quilt. I can't express how much I love,
    love, love it. Every detail is so well thought out. Who says you can't teach an old dog, new tricks. I try to learn a new trick or two
    with every quilt.You certainly learned a lot last year. Thanks for documenting the whole process you went thru. I so enjoy the posts. HelenW
    PS Did you send a picture to Wendy Williams? She will think she created a Rock Star.
    Last edited by Helen W.; 05-17-2022, 07:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 737 users online. 392 members and 345 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 03:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,956   Posts: 150,345   Members: 20929   Active Members: 1,679  
Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Thank you for the early posting Barbara!
  • MONTH 7 — Show Your Progress Here
    Please use this TOPIC to share your progress.

We are past the halfway point now!
    Please use this TOPIC to ask questions about Month 7....
  • Quilting color my world
    Hi there
    I am in the process of E2E and noticed your post. I would love to see your quilt. I'm still trying to finish....
  • Reclamation
    Hi Nicole. I am reviewing your question. I will message you privately. Sorry for any confusion....
  • Flanged bindings
    Ricky is glad his DVD is available free for Star Members. It is his detailed explanation of his process.

The...
  • Reclamation
    Hello, I'm very angry, I'm a star member and I don't have access to the video, I'm going around in circles between login...
  • Flanged bindings
    I will pass this on to him. It is a great binding technique, one that is handy to have in your toolbox.

Ricky's...
    Shoo-fly block done. Still doing handwork non vase and flowers.
  • Flanged bindings
    I visited the Texas quilt museum last week and was privileged to see Ricky Tims’ exhibition there. He presents such beautiful...
    Love what you did with the vase.
    I am enjoying making this quilt.
  • No more items.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
X