Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Color my world — your finish here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not finished my quilt yet but I wanted to share my replacements for the four iconic buildings since I won’t be a member after January 1st.
    I chose 4 lighthouses. Newport, RI, Nobska, Cape Cod,
    Key West Lighthouse, and Peggy’s Cove, Nova Scotia. I am from RI, I live on Cape Cod, I frequently visit Key west, and have family from Nova Scotia. I hope you like them.
    I have also used machine felting for tree tops, and will use colored pencils to shadow lighthouses since they are so white! Thank you. This has been a great year doing this project. Thank you Barbara for all your help and advice.

Comment

• commented
      Editing a comment
      Even though not complete, the beauty of your quilt is easy to see. I love the idea of felted wool tree tops! Hoping to see the beautiful lighthouses in the finished quilt some day.

My top is finished - I'm pleased with the results. I have decided to have it quilted instead of doing it myself. This will be my first quilt to be quilted by check. Thank you Barbara for all the advise along the way. It's inspiring to see all of the finished pieces popping up.

Comment

I am finished the top and am busily quilting it. Enjoyed the process and the challenges. Loved looking at everyone’s work, so I thought I better share too.
      I drafted the CN tower in Toronto, and Race Rocks lighthouse here in Victoria, BC. We kayaked out to it once on a perfect day. Still need to put a clock face on Big Ben. Nancy D

Comment

This quilt was almost the death of me. (Various profanity was spoken while forcing it to my will.)I know I sound dramatic but putting it together was very challenging for me, but it is done! I changed out the 4 small houses to my home, my cabin, the house I grew up in and my grandparents house. The tall buildings were updated to reflect places special to me.
        Honestly, if I knew that this quilt required more skill than I had I may not have started it. I was not ready to admit defeat so I never gave up. It is beautiful to me. Thank you Barbara and all you other quilters for inspiring me.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
          Editing a comment
          Lisa E, you should be proud of yourself for your perseverance. This will be a special quilt for you to enjoy now.

• commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking through all these finished quilts has made me reconsider trying this quilt although I've already purchased the pattern and have been planning for a year. Reading your description though of persevering has inspired me again. Your quilt is beautiful. I love the tall building partially tucked behind another!

Got the outer ring on, finally.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandra Hand-hand_rs1
          The top is finished!!! What a great challenge this has been and I LOVE the results. I switched out the two towers from Australia with the Peace Tower in Ottawa and our local Calgary Tower. It's good to be challenged sometimes and I want to thank Wendy Williams for designing such a fun pattern and Barbara Black for the great additional instructions - could not have done it without you! Hope to have it quilted in the New Year.

Having trouble posting the photos - help please!
          Your photos are most likely too large. Resize them smaller and try again.
          Barbara Black
          Huntsville AL
          https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
          "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

The top is finished!!! What a great challenge this has been and I LOVE the results. I switched out the two towers from Australia with the Peace Tower in Ottawa and our local Calgary Tower. It's good to be challenged sometimes and I want to thank Wendy Williams for designing such a fun pattern and Barbara Black for the great additional instructions - could not have done it without you! Hope to have it quilted in the New Year.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandra Hand-hand_rs1 View Post
              Congratulations on a job well done! And also for posting photos--so happy to see your work.
              Barbara Black
              Huntsville AL
              https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
              "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

As it has been almost 43 degrees celsius (110 fahrenheit) here in Perth Western Australia over the last week it has been too hot to finish my quilt so I will wait until winter to do that. I needed to lay it on the lawn to take a half decent photo to show off the brightly coloured fabrics I used, all from my stash except the background. Thank you to fellow Aussie Wendy Williams for a fabulous challenge, Barbara Black for her insight and assistance and to TQS for choosing such a wonderful BOM. I joined up as a Star Member as soon as I saw this was being offered and it has been one of my best decisions ever.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Beautiful DeanneB. I love your background.

• Elenaquilts commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I love your colored road lines! It keeps the road in line with your overall color choices. Very enjoyable to look at!

My completed color my world from West Orange New Jersey. Out my back window I see the Empire State Building to the left and the Freedom tower to the right. Each of the small houses represent house I have lived in or own right now.The trees are all prepared edge appliqué. It may be hard to see all the little animals that I put in on this view. You can see it much better on Instagram #colormyworld2021 recent along with many other peoples quilts.
                I had a hard time loading this up and the color is off.
                I am very proud that I completed this top in 2021. Redesigning certain elements gave me a lot of satisfaction and headaches.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Beautiful, Carol. When I click on it I can enlarge the photo. Love your trees.

Originally posted by susanmcdonald View Post
                I have not finished my quilt yet but I wanted to share my replacements for the four iconic buildings since I won’t be a member after January 1st.
                I chose 4 lighthouses. Newport, RI, Nobska, Cape Cod,
                Key West Lighthouse, and Peggy’s Cove, Nova Scotia. I am from RI, I live on Cape Cod, I frequently visit Key west, and have family from Nova Scotia. I hope you like them.
                I have also used machine felting for tree tops, and will use colored pencils to shadow lighthouses since they are so white! Thank you. This has been a great year doing this project. Thank you Barbara for all your help and advice.
                Susan, Thanks for sharing your beautiful quilt. Love the way you personalized it. Can't believe you are not going to the Garden
                Party Down Under. I have been a member since 2010 and have never found a subscription where you get so much, learn so
                much and have so many supportive TQS members to share and get help from. Why not join the fun next year. You sure
                did a fabulous job on this years quilt. I am sure next years BOM will be just as much fun. HelenW

Comment

• susanmcdonald commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Helen, it’s sold out! I’m not very good at appliqué, which was my initial hesitation.
                  I really enjoyed 2021 BOM. It was the first time I participated in a BOM and will definitely do it again. Perhaps if 2022 becomes available again, I will rejoin.

Originally posted by Barbara Black View Post
                Beautiful, Carol. When I click on it I can enlarge the photo. Love your trees.
                Thank you, I have little dogs and cats in some of the windows that are hard to see here. Also next to the Space needle the tall building contains, USA and AUS with a kangaroo, a sheep, a bison and a bear to represent Wendy and me.

Comment

I started quilting/sewing a year ago and was up tp the challenge. I really enjoyed learning and in the end being able to personalize. The houses in the outer ring represent our Sanibel home, our Cincinnati home and our daughter's homes in Seattle and Cleveland. It was obvious to me that I then needed skyscrapers that mean something to us so the Sanibel Lighthouse, the Seattle Space Needle, a red wood tree and Statue of Liberty representing our daughter's family who travels from Sea to Shining Sea. Thanks to Barbara and other's questions and especially my neighbor who is a quilter and always had the best advice. Now to find someone to quilt it.
                  Ann

Comment

• michele commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ann.. this is beautifu! I am behind and just starting the "skyscrapers". Do you have the finished background sizes for the corners? I would like to applique my "hometown" icons and don't know how to figure the finished size of these corners. Any help would be appreciated as I noticed you reconfigured yours beautifully! Thx in advance..

Color My World almost finished. Was a fun challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by RMLDI View Post
                    Color My World almost finished. Was a fun challenge.
                    Rob, Great job on your quilt. Especially like the simple radiating quilt lines and the narrow border. Are you planning to go
                    to the Garden Party Down Under? HelenW

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1026 users online. 163 members and 863 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,768   Members: 25245   Active Members: 1,507  
                    Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X