Quilting Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

• MONTH 7 — Ask Questions Here
    Thank you for the early posting Barbara!
  • MONTH 7 — Show Your Progress Here
    Please use this TOPIC to share your progress.

We are past the halfway point now!
    Please use this TOPIC to ask questions about Month 7....
  • Month 6 — SHOW YOUR PROGRESS HERE
  • Quilting color my world
    Hi there
    I am in the process of E2E and noticed your post. I would love to see your quilt. I'm still trying to finish....
  • Reclamation
    Hi Nicole. I am reviewing your question. I will message you privately. Sorry for any confusion....
  • Flanged bindings
    Ricky is glad his DVD is available free for Star Members. It is his detailed explanation of his process.

The...
  • Reclamation
    Hello, I'm very angry, I'm a star member and I don't have access to the video, I'm going around in circles between login...
  • Flanged bindings
    I will pass this on to him. It is a great binding technique, one that is handy to have in your toolbox.

Ricky's...
    Shoo-fly block done. Still doing handwork non vase and flowers.
  • Flanged bindings
    I visited the Texas quilt museum last week and was privileged to see Ricky Tims’ exhibition there. He presents such beautiful...
    Love what you did with the vase.
    I am enjoying making this quilt.
  • NEUTRAL BLOOMS — Ask Questions Here
    Alex stated that you cut out the points of petals from the back of the sashing flowers. What about the border flowers? Once...
    Robin, I just love dark backgrounds, and you fabulous looking quilt just confirms it. Love the muted
    colors in combination...
  • Gelli Prints class
    Hi Dee, enjoyed your class for the Gelli Prints. I had previously heard of, but not seen it in use. Some day when I get...
    Robin, this is spectacular!
    I can’t believe I am all caught up since I decided to start this over Memorial Day weekend. I opted out of doing the pieced...
  • No more items.

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

Our Sponsors

Color my world — your finish here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a wonderful time making this. Found this lovely fabric with birds for the background. Definitely stretched my skills. Now to quilt it! Good luck to me!!! Thank you Barbara for all you guidance and encouragement. Love seeing everyone's version.

Comment

My 60% is up on the wall. I used scraps from the buildings and a flange for the binding (I learned these from Ricky and Alex’s shows). Thank you Barbara and Helen for all your dedication to helping us and keeping us company throughout the year. On to the next one!

Comment

This reply by CarolLang has been deleted by CarolLang
        Wrong picture

Originally posted by Lynnanne View Post
        My 60% is up on the wall. I used scraps from the buildings and a flange for the binding (I learned these from Ricky and Alex’s shows). Thank you Barbara and Helen for all your dedication to helping us and keeping us company throughout the year. On to the next one!
        Lynneanne, What a great way to finish off your quilt. Using a black piping or flange and then the color pieced binding really ties the colors in the building to the outside edge. And l like the plain stippling because there is already so much going on with all the buildings, trees roads etc. It has been so much fun watching your progress on it. What a wonderful accomplishment. Well done.
        This retired PE teacher gives you an A+. HelenW

Comment

This reply by CarolLang has been deleted by CarolLang
          Cannot attach picture

I have finished Color My World and would like to thank Wendy and Barbara for your genius. It was an adventure. I used Cherrywood fabric for my houses and buildings. I also added the Statue of Liberty and a tiny picture of my husband and myself in one of the house windows. Love the adventure?

Originally posted by HelenW View Post

Lynneanne, What a great way to finish off your quilt. Using a black piping or flange and then the color pieced binding really ties the colors in the building to the outside edge. And l like the plain stippling because there is already so much going on with all the buildings, trees roads etc. It has been so much fun watching your progress on it. What a wonderful accomplishment. Well done.
          This retired PE teacher gives you an A+. HelenW
          Thanks Helen. I wanted the quilting to look like clouds but it became too dense and comes off as stippling.Your support has been so appreciated and I’m taking your suggestion to try to work out a little every day too. The TQS projects are so good for learning new techniques and I would like to learn to be a more creative quilter now that I have more time. This retired violinist admires you and your quilts. Lynn

Comment

• Helen W. commented
            Editing a comment
            Lynn, If you want to put your own creative touch on your quilts, start gathering up pictures that are your favorite in all things. Like
            you could google Violin art quilts and see what has been done. If you like a layout, take a screenshot and write a couple notes on
            it about what you like about it. If you see a music quilt with music notes that were used in a creative way, sketch it or screen shots.
            Same for flowers, birds, pets. Pieced blocks that you like the looks of, etc. You can just have a box where you throw all the inspiration stuff, and then when you are ready to start something, look at your stuff and see if there might we a way to work it into
            what you are starting. Usually, it starts with just a few little changes to a pattern, then all of a sudden it is like you just want to put
            the stuff you like into your quilts. The project might be something you are not too interested in, but just take it as a challenge to make
            it into something you just love. When it comes to working out a little each day, that is wonderful, your muscles and joints are
            as important as your teeth to your body. It is no different than brushing your teeth each day. There are lots of good you tubes
            out there. Fitness Blenders has thousands of videos, and there is something for everyone and mostly free. Don't over do it. Just get in a habit
            of a little everyday. HelenW

Originally posted by HelenW View Post
          Lynn, If you want to put your own creative touch on your quilts, start gathering up pictures that are your favorite in all things. Like
          you could google Violin art quilts and see what has been done. If you like a layout, take a screenshot and write a couple notes on
          it about what you like about it. If you see a music quilt with music notes that were used in a creative way, sketch it or screen shots.
          Same for flowers, birds, pets. Pieced blocks that you like the looks of, etc. You can just have a box where you throw all the inspiration stuff, and then when you are ready to start something, look at your stuff and see if there might we a way to work it into
          what you are starting. Usually, it starts with just a few little changes to a pattern, then all of a sudden it is like you just want to put
          the stuff you like into your quilts. The project might be something you are not too interested in, but just take it as a challenge to make
          it into something you just love. When it comes to working out a little each day, that is wonderful, your muscles and joints are
          as important as your teeth to your body. It is no different than brushing your teeth each day. There are lots of good you tubes
          out there. Fitness Blenders has thousands of videos, and there is something for everyone and mostly free. Don't over do it. Just get in a habit
          of a little everyday. HelenW
          Perfect Helen. I love the box idea because I see ideas in magazines and books but then they get lost or forgotten. And I will check out the exercise videos because it’s so easy to get taken away by other activities, especially sewing, and then run out of time and initiative to work out. Luckily we live near a park where we can go walking or jogging. I’m looking forward to watching your quilts come alive! Thanks again, Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 060352 View Post
            Just finished the quilt top as the pattern is written. Enough of a challenge for me!
            Me too!! And I have along way to go yet.

Comment

This reply by BarbaraByron has been deleted by BarbaraByron

Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized Color My World-2021 BOM.JPG
Views:	0
Size:	338.6 KB
ID:	891773

2021 COLOR MY WORLD With Bridges and the Gateway Arch... and 4 homes we brought babies home to.... I sort of 'personalized' this fun fun quilt.

Comment

I have finished quilting my CMW and just have the quilting left behind my houses and tall buildings. I have not heavily quilted it, just outline of buildings, doors windows. Does anyone have suggestions for the unquilted area?

Comment

• BarbaraByron commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I did a lot of similar outline quilting of the houses, doors, windows, etc.... eventually realized I needed to meander over the large open areas of the background since I used a dark blue solid. It worked well and made the designs 'pop'....When almost done I found I had to do some more 'background' quilting on the bridges and the arch to balance the quilting a bit more. I am finally happy with it.... and that it is DONE... [see my post below]. 'Color My World' It was a wonderful project ..learned some new techniques for sure!

This was a huge challenge! But Barbara's encouragement, video instructions and blog help made it possible. Everything except the background was from my stash. Looking forward to the quilting.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Beautiful choice of fabrics, Jackie. Great job!

Little bit late, but done. It also now has a border around it. All done with Dashwood Twist fabric.

Comment

I put the last stitches in the binding on Valentines Day. I loved making this! A special thank you to Barbara Black for all of her helpful videos and blog posts.
                  Jean Etheridge
                  Huntsville, Alabama

Comment

My top is finally finished!! I replaced one of my corners with the space rocket from Huntsville Alabama.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Great job, Beverly!

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 770 users online. 423 members and 347 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 03:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,956   Posts: 150,345   Members: 20929   Active Members: 1,679  
                  Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Thank you for the early posting Barbara!
                  • MONTH 7 — Show Your Progress Here
                    Please use this TOPIC to share your progress.

We are past the halfway point now!
                    Please use this TOPIC to ask questions about Month 7....
                  • Quilting color my world
                    Hi there
                    I am in the process of E2E and noticed your post. I would love to see your quilt. I'm still trying to finish....
                  • Reclamation
                    Hi Nicole. I am reviewing your question. I will message you privately. Sorry for any confusion....
                  • Flanged bindings
                    Ricky is glad his DVD is available free for Star Members. It is his detailed explanation of his process.

The...
                  • Reclamation
                    Hello, I'm very angry, I'm a star member and I don't have access to the video, I'm going around in circles between login...
                  • Flanged bindings
                    I will pass this on to him. It is a great binding technique, one that is handy to have in your toolbox.

Ricky's...
                    Shoo-fly block done. Still doing handwork non vase and flowers.
                  • Flanged bindings
                    I visited the Texas quilt museum last week and was privileged to see Ricky Tims’ exhibition there. He presents such beautiful...
                    Love what you did with the vase.
                    I am enjoying making this quilt.
                  • No more items.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                  X