Quilting Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

Our Sponsors

Color my world — your finish here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I entered my finished quilt at the Florida State Fair. When I went to see it yesterday, it was hanging on the wall with a blue ribbon!
    Ellen Lindow
    Plant City, FL

    Comment


    • Barbara B. commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations!

    • Helen W. commented
      Editing a comment
      Ellen, Truly deserving of the blue ribbon. Look perfect on your blue background. Great job.
      HelenW

    • krossini commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations.

    Comment


      I finally finish my quilt top. I decided to make my trees more into the fall season. I'm really looking forward to getting it quilted by my friend with a long arm. It doesn't show up in the picture but the background fabric is golden metallic which gives the quilt a sparkly effect. I didn't care for the half tree in the outer circle so I left them out. On to the next BOM! Thanks to everyone for the help and comments and encouragements.

      Comment


        Finally done - I added a little forest at the top - just because. I seem to have a "thing" about square quilts. This one was a real challenge for me but eventually got it to lie pretty flat. Thank you Barbara for all your help.
        Also doing 2022 BOM - applique is more my speed.

        Comment


          Comment


          • Sharon P. commented
            Editing a comment
            I intend to embroider my kids,grandkids and 18 great gr.kids names over each house. I figure it will be the only way we can be together all at one time!

          What a lovely project this has been , hours of pleasure, thank you Barbara for all your tutorials. This is my completed piece, as you can see I replaced two of the corner designs with two of my own.
          Caroline Edwards
          UK Quilter

          Comment


            This is my outer border, I have no skyscrapers where I live, just countryside here in England

            Comment


            • Helen W. commented
              Editing a comment
              Jill P, Love your creative take on the outside ring of building and skyscrapers. I zoomed in on the picture and I can not tell if
              that is commercial fabric or painted trees and buildings. I just love it. Great job!!! HelenW

            • Jill P. commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you. No the trees are cut in individual wavy blobs, of different fabrics, bonded then stitched round and will be heavily stitched over when quilted.
              Working on this years BOM now but changing it.

            Color my world — your finish here

            Better late than never. This quilt has been probably one of my most favorite quilt projects. Although it was challenging I learned a new paperpieced technique this year and a lot about putting together a circular quilt and fell in love with hand dyed fabrics.

            Comment


            • Helen W. commented
              Editing a comment
              Lee, It turned out fabulous. Job well done. I too had great fun and learned a lot. HelenW

            Finally finished. It won second place in the large quilts, track mounted quilting category at the Venice Area Quilters Guilds show in Venice, Florida. Used only fabrics from my stash. Loved doing it and can't thank Barbara enough for sharing her wisdom with us.
            Dotti F
            North Port FL/West Warwick RI

            Comment


              Originally posted by DottiPat View Post
              Finally finished. It won second place in the large quilts, track mounted quilting category at the Venice Area Quilters Guilds show in Venice, Florida. Used only fabrics from my stash. Loved doing it and can't thank Barbara enough for sharing her wisdom with us.
              Congratulations, Dorothy, on your ribbon! So glad you were able to show your quilt.

              Many of the BOM quilts for The Quilt Show over the years have been award winners at lots of shows, from the very beginning. We are so fortunate to get such great designers work their magic for The Quilt Show!
              Barbara Black
              Huntsville AL
              https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
              "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

              Comment


                Originally posted by Barbara Black View Post

                Congratulations, Dorothy, on your ribbon! So glad you were able to show your quilt.

                Many of the BOM quilts for The Quilt Show over the years have been award winners at lots of shows, from the very beginning. We are so fortunate to get such great designers work their magic for The Quilt Show!
                Barbara, As you know, I’m a newbie to the quilt world. If I were going to show my quilt at a show, do I need to obtain permission from Wendy Williams? Thanks, Carole B.
                Carole B. aka nhbaskets

                Comment


                  Originally posted by nhbaskets View Post

                  Barbara, As you know, I’m a newbie to the quilt world. If I were going to show my quilt at a show, do I need to obtain permission from Wendy Williams? Thanks, Carole B.
                  Some of the big shows require designer permission, some do not. Guild shows almost never do, just require attribution of the designer if not an original design. Each show clearly explains their rules. Usually a simple email communication with the designer is sufficient to show their agreement.
                  Barbara Black
                  Huntsville AL
                  https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                  "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

                  Comment


                    Just finished quilting my Colour My World quilt. I substituted the Rochester, MN famous locally corn cob water tower built in 1931. It is a local historically preserved landmark.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                      Thank you. No the trees are cut in individual wavy blobs, of different fabrics, bonded then stitched round and will be heavily stitched over when quilted.
                      Working on this years BOM now but changing it.
                      Jilly, Be sure to post pictures of this years BOM. Would love to see them. HelenW

                      Comment


                        The top is finally done. I am very happy with it. Not sure how i will quilt it. But at least it is done and almost flat!

                        Comment

                        What's Going On

                        Collapse

                        There are currently 1512 users online. 1158 members and 354 guests.

                        Most users ever online was 7,765 at 03:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

                        Forum Stats

                        Collapse

                        Topics: 7,957   Posts: 150,388   Members: 20947   Active Members: 1,691  
                        Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

                        Latest Topics

                        Collapse

                        Trending

                        Collapse

                        • Color my world — your finish here
                          Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
                        • Loading...
                        • No more items.
                        Working...
                        X