Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Color my world — your finish here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barbara Black View Post

Congratulations, Dorothy, on your ribbon! So glad you were able to show your quilt.

Many of the BOM quilts for The Quilt Show over the years have been award winners at lots of shows, from the very beginning. We are so fortunate to get such great designers work their magic for The Quilt Show!
    Barbara, As you know, I’m a newbie to the quilt world. If I were going to show my quilt at a show, do I need to obtain permission from Wendy Williams? Thanks, Carole B.
    Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Comment

Originally posted by nhbaskets View Post

Barbara, As you know, I’m a newbie to the quilt world. If I were going to show my quilt at a show, do I need to obtain permission from Wendy Williams? Thanks, Carole B.
      Some of the big shows require designer permission, some do not. Guild shows almost never do, just require attribution of the designer if not an original design. Each show clearly explains their rules. Usually a simple email communication with the designer is sufficient to show their agreement.
      Barbara Black
      Huntsville AL
      https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
      "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Just finished quilting my Colour My World quilt. I substituted the Rochester, MN famous locally corn cob water tower built in 1931. It is a local historically preserved landmark.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
          Thank you. No the trees are cut in individual wavy blobs, of different fabrics, bonded then stitched round and will be heavily stitched over when quilted.
          Working on this years BOM now but changing it.
          Jilly, Be sure to post pictures of this years BOM. Would love to see them. HelenW

Comment

The top is finally done. I am very happy with it. Not sure how i will quilt it. But at least it is done and almost flat!

Comment

I finally got my top finished. Thank you Barbara for the wonderful teaching and thank you to everyone else, the encouragement and hints has kept me going. I've started with SITD already and spotted my (deliberate) mistake. Ah well they always have at least one.

Comment

Comment

460 days in the making and my wool appliqué on wholecloth linen quilt top is done! Onto the backing and then shipping off for quilting. I’ve learned so much over the past year. So glad TQS came across my Facebook feed on New Year’s Eve 2020!
                  Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Comment

• michele commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Gorgeous!!

• Elenaquilts commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I love all the creative hand stitching in your version.

460 days in the making and my wool appliqué on wholecloth linen quilt top is done! Onto the backing and then shipping off for quilting. I’ve learned so much over the past year. So glad TQS came across my Facebook feed on New Year’s Eve 2020!
                  Beautiful, Carole! So glad you joined us.

Barbara Black
                  Huntsville AL

Comment

I’m late to the party but it’s now a top, will add a 2” border. My corners are US & Texas flags, Statue of Liberty, UTexas clock tower (for my Austin daughter) & windmill (for my rancher daughter) Thank you to all & Barbara for great tips & encouragement

Comment

Originally posted by midnight33 View Post
                      I’m late to the party but it’s now a top, will add a 2” border. My corners are US & Texas flags, Statue of Liberty, UTexas clock tower (for my Austin daughter) & windmill (for my rancher daughter) Thank you to all & Barbara for great tips & encouragement
                      Love how you personalized the skyscrapers. Great job!
                      Barbara Black
                      Huntsville AL

Comment

Well I’m almost there. Just need to add my borders now. Added the following tall buildings of my own design: The Liver Building, Liverpool, UK, Burj Khalifa, Dubai, UAE and from my home town of Shrewsbury in UK, The Lord Hill’s Column. Also personalised one of the small houses to represent my home.

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmosedale View Post
                          Well I’m almost there. Just need to add my borders now. Added the following tall buildings of my own design: The Liver Building, Liverpool, UK, Burj Khalifa, Dubai, UAE and from my home town of Shrewsbury in UK, The Lord Hill’s Column. Also personalised one of the small houses to represent my home.
                          Katy, Great job on your Color My World quilt. I really like your personalized corner designs and the way you combined your
                          solid colors looks great. Are you doing Garden Party Down Under? HelenW

Comment

Carole B, I don't know how I missed this post. I think you made the Worlds Best first time quilt. I can't express how much I love,
                            love, love it. Every detail is so well thought out. Who says you can't teach an old dog, new tricks. I try to learn a new trick or two
                            with every quilt.You certainly learned a lot last year. Thanks for documenting the whole process you went thru. I so enjoy the posts. HelenW
                            PS Did you send a picture to Wendy Williams? She will think she created a Rock Star.
                            Last edited by Helen W.; 05-17-2022, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HelenW View Post

Carole B, I don't know how I missed this post. I think you made the Worlds Best first time quilt. I can't express how much I love,
                              love, love it. Every detail is so well thought out. Who says you can't teach an old dog, new tricks. I try to learn a new trick or two
                              with every quilt.You certainly learned a lot last year. Thanks for documenting the whole process you went thru. I so enjoy the posts. HelenW
                              PS Did you send a picture to Wendy Williams? She will think she created a Rock Star.
                              Thank you for the kind words, Helen. I did learn a lot—and are still learning! I’m honored to say that Wendy has also been following my progress along the way from my posts on Instagram. I recently emailed her asking permission in case I end up showing this in a quilt show at some point. Hummm. Need to follow up on that. I’m now working on a small wall hanging for my great niece for her high school graduation. Thinking of trying hand quilting this when it’s done. Here are a few blocks. It’s a Sue Spargo design. My niece loves birds and these are adorable!
                              Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1226 users online. 236 members and 990 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,772   Members: 25246   Active Members: 1,500  
                              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X