Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Row Robin starts Jan. 2016 All info on first post.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been pondering what I'll do for all of you who want "flavor of you" things, and I think I've figured it out and can't wait to try it!

Meanwhile, here is some inspiration as to what I think/feel when I say "beachy colors" --

--this is my dining room, and I think I *might* turn my rows into a wide table runner for "all the time" use (I swap out for holidays). It will be wider than my others, but I think that would be okay, my table is HUGE and so there'd still be room for us to sit and eat around it. And if not, I'll do something else, but the artwork on the walls in here (and photos) is what I think of as "beach colors".

Then this--

--this is one of many photos of what remains, to me, the most beautiful beach I've ever been to. This photo doesn't capture the full beach, but it captures the wide range of colors, from the light to red to dark sand, the gray rocks, the clear to aqua to green to blue to navy water, etc. It doesn't show the adorable bright red/orange crabs that were all over, or the bright red/purple crabs, but those would also work as colors Basically, if you've seen it on a beach, it would be lovely, even if you are thinking beach umbrella, beach towel, whatever. But this photo probably best says "beach colors" to me, of all that I have.

Looking forward to everyone's inspiration photos, and working through what all I might do for each of you!

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Terrie, I pray your son and his father are doing much better by now! What an ordeal, and also a heartwarming act of love, on your son's part! You must be proud!

I just got back from Houston Quilt Festival, so have not had a chance to post inspirational pictures for my rows. But, words can tell it better, and then the rest can come from you. Winter, snow, snowflakes, snowmen, fir trees, mittens, ice skates, icicles, holly, snowballs, a cabin in the woods covered in snow...........you get the picture. Just pick a winter item, block or scene you are comfortable working with and go for it! I will love them all because they came from YOU!

Heather! I cannot believe we did not get together at some point! I do not adjust well to traveling (this is a new thing) so when brain fog sets in, I don't always remember things. I did not get your phone number in time, as it was in with dozens of other emails on my phone, that I ignored while I had classes, and enjoyed the show. I'm sorry now, for the missed opportunity! Maybe next time!

Dawn

Comment

I am going to try something.... Since I downloaded Windows 10 all my pictures come out sideways when I post to the Forum. It seems that out in computer land other's are having this problem too. Hopefully Microsoft will fix it... But I have turned my pictures sideways in my file. I'll post them here and see if they come out right side up.

These are pictures of where I live. Lots of sage brush, beautiful sunsets and sunrises, the Yakima River is so pretty. Having said that, I love all color and especially purple.

Wish me luck!
        The Yakima River at sunset.

And the sunset last evening over Rattlesnake Mountain.

geneva
        Geneva

Comment

Wow Geneva, it's stunning.
          Geneva

Comment

What a beautiful place

Comment

Looks like the sort of place you would see John Wayne in.

Comment

Forgot to say I visited a new LQS to me a couple of weeks ago. I will have to go back because she has fabrics some that just said 'beach' to me

Comment

Wow Lotti you are making the most of that camera! How amazing to see such beauty and the air is so clear. It's fog fog fog here and I'm not putting pictures of that.

Going to a spa tomorrow and then to St Kitts next week. I am going to be so chilled! Hope you all feel the same.

Comment

Ha ha Terrie too hot for sewing but I'm taking a sketch book for ideas. Old man only booked it last week. Try finding summer clothes this time of year

Comment

I was going to post another picture or two of the vineyards here in Eastern Washington. We live smack dab in the middle of the best grape growing area, but if you just look at Lotti's vineyard pictures, it looks exactly like mine. Some are a glorious red, burnt orange, etc. Our back yard is a vineyard. We are so lucky.

How nice to have two more rowers. This should be an interesting event.

Wendy, I've always thought you were "cool". B)

Limbania, it's good to see you back here.

Terrie, glad you son is doing better. That sure is scary stuff.

Take care, geneva
                      Geneva

Comment

Honestly, I could get lost looking for pictures to share with everyone...I picked out a few that caught my eye. I take no credit for these images - I'm not the photographer Lotti is...just a pinterest follower ;-)

I don't know if this photo was altered or not, but the colors are amazing!

Many would consider this to be a problem and remove the tree as it was damaging the walkway. I love how the roots found every line of dirt and followed it, leaving a beautiful pattern. A combination of nature and human design.

Addendum:
                        Of course these photos are just to share inspiration with you all! I chose pictures that didn't read as the "typical tree" simply to provide more inspiration. I assumed everyone could picture an everyday green or autumnal tree in their mind's eye :silly: You can use these as an inspiration, or follow your own path! I'll be happy no matter what!

~ Jen

Comment

So excited to be rowing with you all. Thank you for letting me join in the fun.

Sent you an e-mail AnnieLu.

Thank you Lotti, Terrie and Geneva. So good to "see" you here.

Lots of great inspiration. Beautiful pics you are posting.

Jewel tones (bright, rich, bold, saturated colors). Feel free to use batiks, solids, tone on tone, low volume, big prints, scrappy, etc.. Your choice of pattern/design (modern, traditional, contemporary, pieced, appliqué), let your creative self choose . I'm ok with width variations and either horizontal or vertical row or a strip of fabric if you "get on a bind". Also I'm ok if there's a delay getting the rows.

Green flash. This photo hangs in my sewing area. Was taken by Wyland (He's a marine life painter). He took the picture of this phenomenon that occurs in the Pacific Ocean at sunset.

Alaskan flowers - downtown Anchorage

Window at the Quilted Raven Quilt Shop in Anchorage, Ak

One of the Houston Quilt Show winner quilt. Love it all!

Don't know the photographer or location where this was taken but, love it!

Image from Pinterest. One of my favorite creatures in some of my fave colors

This can give you some ideas.

Comment

Great to see you Limbania your hair is looking superb!

Jen I shall of course knock up all those trees as my first row :whistle:

I've decided to be a pain in Luann's side and changed my theme to birds which should be easier than flavour of you. So could be anything related to sea birds, garden birds, feathers, fabric , trees nests sea, bird named blocks etc., hope it helps I sent you an email Luann and a bag of maltesers :cheer:

Comment

Attention everyone, please read entire post.

Wendy, I have changed your theme. We should have figured you'd want some sort of 'bird' thing,,,, silly us!

Limbania and Rosemarie have all info in and everyone will get updated

Limbania and Rosemarie, your info may be coming in several emails, hopefully by end of today, Wednesday.
                              So, please make a list of all participants and be sure you have an address for each. If not, let me know at my yahoo address and I'll get any missed ones to you.

We only have ONE spot available at this time, so if you've been,,, LURKING,,,, I need to know by Monday so everyone can get started with their plans.

Have a wonderful day
                              Luann

Comment

Wow! I'm loving all of the inspirational pictures that every is posting. If you go to Pinterest and search winter, snowmen, snowflakes, etc. you can get a feel for what I like. Even a hot cup of cocoa with steam curling from the top works. Or a shot of red from a cardinal in a snowy tree.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2233 users online. 284 members and 1949 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25589   Active Members: 1,301  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X