Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Row Robin starts Jan. 2016 All info on first post.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you all you dear friends here on TQS forum. I suppose I should have put the news on the prayer thread, but it's done.

My son is more stable now and his father has had a heart attack and is in CCU. It seems for now, it's one day at a time but from the beginning of the day til now, things are seeming more stable.

Bless you, friends, dear friends.

My DH and I babysat the grands and they were 'challenging', to put it mildily. Tough on the whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by "crocus999" post=133998
      Thank you all you dear friends here on TQS forum. I suppose I should have put the news on the prayer thread, but it's done.

My son is more stable now and his father has had a heart attack and is in CCU. It seems for now, it's one day at a time but from the beginning of the day til now, things are seeming more stable.

Bless you, friends, dear friends.

My DH and I babysat the grands and they were 'challenging', to put it mildily. Tough on the whole family.
      Mentally and physically exhausting for sure. Try to get some rest. It's important that you stay healthy right now. Really do take care. If need be find someone to help you take care of the children. Whenever, I see my grandchildren in operation I certainly know why we have children when we are young. My prayers continue.

Comment

Terrie...What all the other say ! Sending thoughts of hope and courage ! Hugs !

Comment

Terrie,
          I am sending hugs and prayers your way.

Judy

Comment

Terrie - Thinking of you and your family.
            Take care,
            Barb

Comment

Just catching up after being at IQF/Houston since Weds (and did not manage to remember to meet-up with anyone else, either....)
              and heading to bed, but couldn't NOT post to Terrie to say I'm praying for your son and his father as they both recover, and for you as you sit and watch. How very hard!

And as you rest up after the grandkids' visit, as well. ((((many hugs))))

Comment

There are no changes or additions to our Row Robin group to report. I think we are all settling in on where we are.
                That being said, I think it would be beneficial, at least to me, if everyone would take a few minutes to find one or two pictures of inspiration to post. These don't have to be quiltty things. It's more of a way to let me know what's catching your eye at this moment.
                My two images are:
                my Poppyfields quilt, cuz I'm just presently crushing on aqua and red!

And this barn that is in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, another red thing!!

If I were to make an art quilt with this barn I'd put some aqua in that roof!

So there's a couple of images of what's grabbing my attention today.

How about you?

Comment

Thank you all my dear Rowers.
                  My son is home now,and father is out of CCU and stable with only one line in fight now. Thank you all for your kinds words, prayers and support.

So I was able to go to my 'closed' quilting group today and so nice to be with other quilters - but today they were all knitting! Go figure - it's like on this forum - if you miss a day or two (or a week) the subject changes and you've got to catch up!

I love the diversity of quilters!

Inspiration - the skirt I wore to my son's beach wedding on an island off the coast of B.C. (Canada)

my dream beach house ...in a land far far away!!

Luann - I love the new BOM for 2016, but I'm not crazy about the colours. I'm really into aqua/turquoise/sky blue now, even though I thought I didn't like blue - go figure!?

Comment

Terrie, I love the new bom for 2016 too and also agree with you about the colours they have chosen. But then I was lucky enough to see the original when it was on display at the V&A in 2010. I am really glad that it won't be the full size of the original though - it is huuge!

We do like to keep everyone on their toes with our conversations don't we :lol:

Comment

Terrie,
                      I was looking at that BOM also. I'll download the instructions, but I'm just not 'feelin it' at the moment. I've gotten quite a few patterns together that I'd like to have a go at before I put out time, etc to do this one. It may be the colors that just don't speak my language. I might try using my EQ7 program. If I could get the general layout, then play with colors I might be more apt to like it. I think it might be best done in scrappy with just a few anchoring fabrics throughout.

Thanks for putting up your inspiration pictures. I've already got the design portion of my brain working,,, can you feel the earth tremblin'? LOL

May God continue to heal your family members,
                      Luann

Comment

Luann, once I passed up doing a BOM from TQS because I really did not like the colours. Then I saw others' in different colourways, and even one at our big Provincial show, which had a big ribbon on it! ( I think it was BIS). I kicked myself for not at least downloading it. At least if you download it, you'll have it some 'someday' down the road.

Comment

Hello everyone. I'm looking forward to participating in this Rowing Experience and I have a lot of organizing to do to get ready. I'm following the posts as best I can and will jump in more often when things settle down a bit here. Husband and I have been traveling a fair bit, and I am involved in a speakers training/storytelling circle group that requires lots of work. For now, I wish you all the best with your family and personal challenges, and for your beautiful new family members. They are precious.

Peace,
                          Kathy
                          KatH

Comment

Love your new avatar Kathy

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Hello everyone!
                              Was checking in today and just found out about the Row exchange. Is it too late to join? I'd love to participate.

Terrie, congratulations and many blessings for your grandson. Prayers for your son and father full recovery.

Ritzy, prayers for Lauren to get healthy. So sorry about your dog.

Comment

Limbania,

You can still join in.

The important info is on the first post. But, basically, I need you to send an email to my. YAHOO account. In it please give me your full name and postal address, 'theme' for your rows. Once I get that I'll get you added to the bottom of the list on the first post, and I'll send your info out to the others. I will also send you everyone else's addresses. If no one else joins: your first person would be the top listed name, then in February you would do the second one down, etc.

After sending me the info, please come here and post a longer description of what you like, etc etc. I've also asked everyone to put up a couple of pictures that can be inspiration for the rest of us, as we make a row for you.

If you have any questions , ask away!! We enjoy sharing what we're up to.
                                You may want to check out our virtual retreat thread too. Lots of fun over there as well.

Luann

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2203 users online. 283 members and 1920 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25589   Active Members: 1,301  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X