Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Laura Nownes

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marianne, have you thought that you could use all the block in one quilt and not need any lining! You could do a 6 x 8 layout (twice) and have 4 left over for something else..

Just winding up to getting going on my quilt again, after my big finish. First job try and track down all the pieces ops:

Comment

And I finally got my border fabric so I'll try to get around to adding the borders soon. Then maybe even getting the quilting done....

Nancy

Comment

Originally posted by PosyP
        Marianne, have you thought that you could use all the block in one quilt and not need any lining! You could do a 6 x 8 layout (twice) and have 4 left over for something else..

Just winding up to getting going on my quilt again, after my big finish. First job try and track down all the pieces ops:
        Rosemary, I did once try a double sided quilt but ended up ripping out all the quilting I had done because what suited side one in the way of pattern didn't look good on the other side. I ended up tying it - well sort of - I used the eyelet stitch on my machine very random and that was much better but I swore at the time never to try that again. How you managed to get your double-sided quilt to look so good is beyond me :shock:

Marianne

Comment

Nice to hear you have learned a lot.
          If you follow Rosemarys suggestion and just tye it (good idea to use the eyelets) you will be finished in no time 8)

living in Central Denmark
          Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

I spray basted it, and payed very careful attention to lining up my centre lines. Although probably one of the reasons it has worked so well is that one side is a small busy piecing pattern, which really doesn't show up the quilting very much at all, and the other is large piecing and the quilting was designed to enchance the piecing design on that side - where it could be seen.

When do we get to see pictures of some of your blocks? We all love seeing pictures

Comment

I've finally done it, I now have another 8 x 1" blocks to go into the 9" white border for a sprinkling of colour. I am going to try and be everso very slightly random with some of their placements (that should be interesting - I am so not good at random, but we will see what happens!). Then I can get my triangle borders on and see what size I really need to get my backing to.

(The miniature madness is still calling me - could I really manage 1/12" scale of this quilt? - not including the 1" blocks , that really would be madness!)

Comment

Go on Rosemary you know you can do it

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Finishing the big one would be a good start!

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Look forward to seeing it, Rosemary!

Comment

My first project using blocks from the class is now finished. A "Sweet Sixteen" basket.

I used left over solid fabrics cut into squares to make up the lining. It is supposed to be reversible but mine isn't - I should have quilted the lining as well as the outer shell
                      It seems I cannot post more than 3 photos in one message so I will make this into a soap opera and continue further down
                      Marianne

Comment

:roll: Sweet Sixteen basket continued:

The pattern for this style of basket/bag has been running around the web for several years some made with 22 squares and some with 16. I have made 2 bags using 22 squares with various success so thought I would try a simpler version with bigger squares but I am not happy with the result so have just gained a bit of space on my hard drive. I tried to be VERY careful with the valleys along the top edge, even basted the lining in but with very little success. I can't even be bothered to top-stitch because I know it will look even worse but I will put this basket in the pile of LTPs (learning-technique-project) and use it to pile stuff into - it could even be a fancy waste-paper basket; it is big enough.
                        I did the FMQ without making anything but spines which is a first for me. I used Linda Thielfold's cat-claw way of feathering but found when I did pre-stitch drawings that I liked this way much better when I made the "real" feather small and the claw very large backtracking a bit on the previous claw (clear as mud ain't it) - anyhow I am proud of those :P

Not so proud of how my blocks finished off but I found a way of joining them (not all the same size ops: ops: ops: ops: ) I cheated and ironed freezer paper squares (all the same size) onto the blocks and stretched a bit here and there before sewing them together with the paper in place and on others (shame on me) cut off a few points here and there but as Rosemary says who will notice when they whizz through my sewing/reading room/office cum kitchen/family area - not a soul (I hope) 0:-)
                        Next project will be a sewing machine cover - that should cut the 100-16 blocks that remain down even further.
                        Marianne

Comment

I like your creativity. Looking forward to seeing the next project..

Comment

Grate basket Marianne! And thank you for sharing how you did it. Love the quilting!

Comment

I like your basket. Fresh colors. I think you are too hard on yourself

Comment

Yup, definitely too hard on yourself! Love that quilting!
                                Lotti, Kuessnacht - Switzerland

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2174 users online. 222 members and 1952 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,227   Members: 25685   Active Members: 1,317  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X