Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Laura Nownes

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rosemary, the quilt is beautiful. I too only have cream bottom line. I have used it on a white background and it is hardly noticeable because it is so fine. But depending on how accurate you are with the old SID you could use the invisible thread either. Personally, I would go for a yellow binding too.

Comment

Looking fab, rosemary! Cream bottom line should work just fine. And I'd probably try a white piping ( or just a thin white line, and then the red binding - thinking that bindings get the dust if hung, and use if used, which would show less on the red than on the yellow ) but that's me, always thinking of the cleaning, or more specifically, of how to avoid the cleaning...
      Lotti, Kuessnacht - Switzerland

Comment

Here is a better lit photograph - we have stripes of sunshine today (the other stripes are rain & hail)

Lotti, good point about going for a darker binding something else to consider before I hit the dye bucket.

Originally I had planned on doing a 5 strip strippy back using these fabrics and doing a triangle zig-zag line between each colour Should I go for something a bit less drastic in colour change? - it might be time to go excavating to see what I have in the stash in large pieces ( sigh, decisions, decisions...)

Comment

Rosemary...I would look to something lighter for the back as it could "dinge" up that white ! And being
          a fan of red bindings...I like that idea best...with or without a piping..white OR yellow ... Either would
          work I think !! Looking good !!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorna1021
            Rosemary, Looks fantastic. Beautiful work. I'd go with the yellow for the binding. If you want to add more red to outside then perhaps a red piping.
            i agree with Lorna, yellow binding with red piping for a nice frame. The quilt is beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by idaho
              Rosemary...I would look to something lighter for the back as it could "dinge" up that white ! And being
              a fan of red bindings...I like that idea best...with or without a piping..white OR yellow ... Either would
              work I think !! Looking good !!
              That is what I was thinking might happen, seeing as I am planning on buying :shock: some wool wadding for this quilt (to make it lighter weight for posting :wink: ) instead of using old blankets which I have done so far - you don't get to see the backing through a blanket!

The good news with the backing that I had planned, is that I have another top on the go, that it will go nicely with. Especially as I really like the look of the backing - it is good enough for a top by itself - but then what would I do for it's backing?

So major expedition into the bottom of the airing cupboard here I come - I may be some time....

Comment

If we don't hear back from you by lunchtime tomorrow, wel'll send a search party

Comment

She's probably curled up asleep among her laundry

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Well that wasn't as deep an expedition as I was expecting - for the record my airing cupboard is a large walk in one where I store my towels & bedlinen (the rest of the clean laundry stays on the guest bed until it it ironed & sometimes put away), well it is a walk in one, once I have moved the hoover & carpet beater out of the way :wink: and at the bottom is a large 32" cube of space packed out with boxes & bags of fabric and the odd sleeping bag, pile of hats, box of plaster of paris & some welding rods :?

Still I have managed to find these... a couple of peachy coloured fabricsThere isn't enough of the batik on the left, but there is enough of the dappled one on the right to do the whole job, but I don't want to leave it just plain, so I am comtemplating keeping to the original plan of a strippy with triangle borders between each strip, just using these two fabrics instead. There shouldn't be any dramatic colour change shade through with these

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Comment

pretty fabrics!

Comment

Rosemary,
                          what a beautiful quilt and great to see a proper finish here! Can't wait to see what you decide on backing, binding AND quilting. Thanks for sharing
                          I hope to get back to doing more with my blocks soon.
                          Marianne

Comment

Rosemary I love those fabrics. I decided to pull out my little quilt and finish it. I am adding a border and will back and quilt it just for fun. It's not as bad as I remembered it...true, there are several points that don't quite match or are slightly covered, but it looks pretty and I think I'll enjoy working on it.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14
                            Betty Jo

Comment

Fussen-Wussen-Dussen. B****r it, B****r it, B****r it. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I nearly took the easy way out and just used a plain back, but then I simplified the back plan again and instead of making 5 strips I went with 3. And I used the same triangle border ruler template that is on the outer edge of the front for the change between the fabrics. I did some housework (read cleared enough space in the lounge & hoovered to lay out the whole thing) Pinned out the backing, laid out the nice wool batting, got the top spread, smoothed, and pinned in place. All going fine so far
                              BUT
                              One of the white patches in one of the stars has a grey/black mark on it! On the white border one of the seams got twisted and shows up clearly, and another one doesn't look as if it comes off the corner straight (there is a bit of easing right next to it) Having slept on it I have decided that I cannot live with these snags since this is for competition, so I really ought to be pulling the sandwich apart instead of grumbling about it here on the forum - aaaarrrrgggghhhhhh!

There will also be a delay in pictures since I have put my camera in a 'safe' place :roll:

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14
                              Betty Jo

Comment

Oh so frustrating Rosemary - 2 steps forward, 1 step back - that's what I always feel like when I am making a quilt. :roll: I hope it's quicker to sort out than you imagine it will be. Now about that camera, have you checked under Wendy's bed? :lol:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2250 users online. 280 members and 1970 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25589   Active Members: 1,300  
                                Welcome to our newest member, Vicki Robles-csadrbls80.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X