Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Laura Nownes

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yee Ha!

Got 'er basted (for the third time :shock: ) and got the initial grid of about every 8" over the whole thing with the start of sid for essing. I even have a note from Miss to say that I don't need to ess the middle 8) 'cos that would be stitching every 1/4" and I have no intention of quilting the whole thing anything like that densely
    The only down side is that I didn't quite get the back completely square with the front, but I am leaving it as is, this time.

Comment

But the back is one colour so it'll be fine when finished. After ESS will you add any more quilting ?

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Ok, I've been racking my brain, but can't figure it out...what's ESS???

in 'Yes, I Know the Way to San Jose...', California, USA

Comment

Every Stinkin' Seam! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
          That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Ah-h-h-h!! Thanks, Margo!

in 'Yes, I Know the Way to San Jose...', California, USA

Comment

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
              Originally posted by Margo
              Every Stinkin' Seam! :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14
              Betty Jo

Comment

Originally posted by twiglet
                But the back is one colour so it'll be fine when finished. After ESS will you add any more quilting ?
                Well considering there is a 9" wide white border with hardly any seams across it, yes I will need to be adding some more quilting - I am planning on some Weardale Chain type patterns for there. At some point I might get around to posting a sketch of the quilting I have planned so far, too. :P

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14
                Betty Jo

Comment

Well done Rosemary, you are well on the way now. Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

Comment

So with the exception of the central mini's that are only half done I have finished the essing over the whole thing at which point I am thinking 'Well that was fairly painless, what's all the hoo-ha about it for? I have to admit that there are a few places that I might go back over to tidy it up a bit, but the next thing will be to trim it down closer to size (so there is less to stuff through the machine :wink: ) and then get on with designing and making the templates I need.

Comment

You're right, Rosemary, SID ESS is not that big a deal and it really stabilizes your quilt for the next step, quilting. I took Cindy Needham's Craftsy class (who coined the term ESS) and I've had much nicer overall results when I've stabilized that way. It's not appropriate for every quilt, but it's certainly useful. Can't wait to see what you do next!

Comment

Rosemary, just caught up on the thread & had to look back many pages to see your quilt. It is lovely! I can't wait to see it quilted!

Comment

Don't know how you are coping in this heat, I just fall asleep each evening. :roll:

Comment

Our house has 10' ceilings and is usually a bit cooler inside - especially in the sewing room. Sometimes I will feel a bit chilled when I get up (from the 'puter) to go over the road to school at lunchtimes and find that it is much warmer outside than in.v

Still it has been nice getting some natural Vit D and canoeing on Sat was great too

Comment

Latest update...

I've managed to quilt the basic Weardale Chain pattern over all of the sashing between and around the 6" blocks - that seemed to go on forever yesterday, with loads of interuptions of phone etc. ) So I have scored around the template and stitched all the 4 main lines of the design on all 4 sides and will be looking to start filling in some of the spaces on Friday (got friends coming around for a dressmaking/fitting day tomorrow)[attachment=0]{!-- ia0 -->CIMG7684.JPG{!-- ia0 -->" />

Comment

And before anybody asks - here is how I marked out the rosette.

I have to say that I am very pleased with the technique of scoring the fabric to mark stitching lines, it is very resilient to handling (and takes a bit of steaming to remove) but if you don't want to add any inks to your fabrics it works well. I haven't tried it on patterned fabrics yet - it would probably be more awkward to see on those, but it is a much ignored but worth while technique.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2245 users online. 282 members and 1963 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25589   Active Members: 1,301  
                                Welcome to our newest member, Virginia Medbery-medberyginger.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X