Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Laura Nownes

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wendy, You are such a thoughtful Aunt. You must let us know what your niece thinks. I bet she'll think its wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by kfstitcher
      Wendy it's so nice of you to make the quilt and I'm sure man, woman and dog will enjoy it. I think I was picturing some sort of heirloom type thing and couldn't imagine letting the dog have it. Maybe I should stop commenting before I risk offending anyone. Hope not.
      Karen, I don't think you can offend anybody who has a pet by suggesting that that person has made a quilt for their pet!
      I made a quilt for my dog which he shared nicely with me when we took an afternoon snooze. Now he is no more - 2 years now on 13th of this month when I had to do what was best for him. I still take an afternoon snooze under that quilt. It is a very comforting quilt for me. My dog was a lot more to me than an heirloom quilt could ever be.
      Marianne

Comment

Love the quilt Wendy, and as you say an easy piecing pattern to stitch up.

There are muddy paw-prints on my first finished quilt, which happened almost as soon as it was finished and laid on the floor to view the whole thing :roll: . And now I find that I don't want to wash it since the culprit is no longer around to do any repeat decoration, even though I was cross at the time.

Comment

Finally, here are the 6 "missing" blocks (I'm blaming my kindergarten teacher for only teaching me to count To 20) ops: ops: ops:
          Since it's a sampler quilt I decided to make 3 more different blocks. The Mexican Star (top) was rather challenging. It's got to be paper pieced but, I decided to make it using rotary cutting pieces and had to adjust the measurements but, I'm pleased how it turned out . The bottom blocks were made using two different appliqué methods, machine and hand, I like the look of the second one best .

The other thing I was working on this weekend are this little guys as a response to Melanie Testa's blog post, The Breast Pockets Project http://melanietesta.com/tag/breast-pockets/ she has extended the deadline. She will appreciate anything you can send to help her cause.

Comment

Those are great blocks, Limbania and the breast pocket project ones are beautiful too. You have been pretty busy and prolific, eh?

Comment

Great blocks LImbania. I really am intrigued with how this quilt will be when it is put together. And the breast pocket projects are lovely too.

Comment

Limbania, Your blocks are wonderful. I am curious about "The Breast Pocket Project". I planned to listen to the podcast regarding it while I do some sewing today.

Comment

Wow, Limbania! You've really been working! And producing such beautiful stuff! Your blocks are very complicated and look perfect. And the breast pockets are beautiful. Thanks for sharing them with us!

Nancy

Comment

Glad to see som life in this thread yet!

Lovely blocks Limbania, I've not seen the Mexican star before, but is does look fun - can you post your paper piecing layout? Will try & go looksee what the breast pockets are all about, but yours look fun.

Comment

Good blocks, like the others I'm looking forward to seeing the top completed, and mine ops: my excuse is I'm improving my quilting skills before I start.

I read through the blog but still don't quite understand what she's going to do with the pockets. Will watch the podcast later.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Thank you Ladies! I'm slow and very detail oriented ( my sister-in-law- calls it an...) so, everything has to match and fit "properly" :shock: :roll:

Rosemary, sorry to say that for the time being I won't be able to post the paper piecing layout My laptop quit working :cry: The mother board "died" and would cost 400-500 US to fix it. Not happening! Will be cheaper to buy a new one. The hard drive is ok but since it's 7 year "old" outdated kind, it's going to take a few days before I can get the cable to plug the HD into the main computer and rescue the data (that's what happens whe one doesn't back it up :x :x :x ).
                        In the meantime, here'''s a couple of links where you can get Instructions/templates for a 16 1/2".http://www.quiltinaday.com/imgs/face...exicanStar.pdf
                        12" with paper piecing templates http://www.dreamcastlequilts.com/wp-...directions.pdf
                        http://www.dreamcastlequilts.com/wp-...-templates.pdf
                        This is an 8" version using templates, they call it Mexican Cross but is the same thing. http://www.quilterscache.com/M/MexicanCrossBlock.html
                        As soon as I get my data rescued I can e-mail you the EQ file or post the layout here for the 6".

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Limbania, How frustrating with the computer. Hope you can rescue the data. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the links.

Hope you get your 'puter sorted soon. :roll: A good reminder to regularly back everything up to a separate memory brick - which I have and could probably do with getting on & doing as well. :wink:

Comment

I haven't been around much lately but thought I would check in today and report that I have now used up all the 15 fat quarters I had from a range of fabric + 1 Kaffe Fassett I added to the mix. I used some scraps of solids too and I have ended up with exactly 100 6" blocks. None of them are Log Cabin but all use just about any combination you can make from HST, QST, flying geese and squares.
                              Now I can either put them all together in a QAYG quilt which I would do using Nancy Zieman's strip technique and give to charity or I can split them up and use them to try out some of all the free patterns I have collected over the years for totes, pouches, pot holders, bags and aprons.
                              Although I am very tempted to use them all in a quilt to donate because it would be fun to see them all in one project, I have nowhere in the house except on our bed to put out all the blocks, 65" x 65" is huge, and a number of the blocks are rather wonky so I think I will make another quilt that is more planned to donate and use this lot as toiles for patterns and I won't loose sleep over the finished items if they don't work out according to plans as they have already served a purpose - teaching me to piece more accurately.
                              I have learned so much from this adventure and a huge thank you again not just to Laura Nownes but especially to all who participated in the class and posted here in discussion, to those who held my hand when I tore my hair out and so freely shared tips and tricks. I feel I have improved a lot and my seams line up more often than not and I hardly ever loose points (of the patchwork kind at least :P )
                              When I get some blocks incorporated in some projects I will share pictures in the blog area when I get back into sewing in April.
                              Thanks again everybody - have a lovely sewing week-end
                              Marianne

Comment

Marianne, Great to hear about your Laura Nownes project/s. I am still working on mine. I am almost done piecing shashing on the second one. I too hope to have picts in the not to distant future.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2206 users online. 283 members and 1923 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25589   Active Members: 1,301  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X