Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Laura Nownes

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't even look like the Laura Nownes sampler anymore and it is BETTER!!! Great job with a color challenge, Lois... you have more than met it!

Comment

I'm loving both the colors and your arrangement! I really like how the pinwheel block placement makes your eye travel around the quilt. Definitely a keeper!!

Nancy

Comment

That's great Lois! Lots of movement in the quilt. Well done.

Comment

Thanks everyone! The thing that I am most excited about it that I know exactly how I want to quilt it and I am so eager to get started on that. Now that's really new for me and it makes me very happy.

Comment

Wow so much movement.

Hello Rosemary's friend if you are lurking come and talk to us

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Lois, you have made an amazing quilt. I'm so glad to hear that you like it now

living in Central Denmark
              Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

Looks great Lois! Love how the pinwheel blocks give the eyes a resting place and draw the attention back to the center. Using that fabric for a border is a great idea, I do too like how it becomes part of the background and makes the blocks stand out 8) 8) 8) So glad is turning out to your liking.

Comment

Lois, sometimes I've heard the expression " Less is more", but in this case, the reverse is true. I love the addition of the light pink and the extra pinwheels. I also love the way you were/are willing to go beyond your comfort zone with colours. Way to go, gal!

Comment

Lois that is looking amazing, I particularly like how the border interacts with the blocks. I am definitely going to have to play with that setting now!

Sashed my mini blocks this afternoon. When preparing the long sashings I started off by marking the location of each seam line along the edges, so that if I got the seams on the marks on both sides they would line up nicely - and I am pleased to report that this technique worked like a dream, since I have white fabric I used a pencil, but for darker fabrics a chalk pencil would work just as well. Just be sure that you lay the piece out flat, put a ruler on it and then mark off each added up number, don't just measure 6.25", move up the ruler, measure 2", move up the ruler, measure 6", move up the ruler.... etc, especially if you put the mark on the end of the ruler because you will cumulatively add on an awful lot of extra couple of threads width with each movement. (been there done that, frogged it)

Comment

Forgot to say I like your idea of just putting the border fabric straight on without an inner border. Cute.

Comment

Hi everyone! Trying to keep up with your progress while I make more and more blocks myself.
                        Love how your quilt is looking Lois! Somebody said from the outset that you would end up with this one your favourite - how right she was Can't wait to see your second one.
                        Limbania, your blocks are such fun: it will be a wonderful Halloween quilt to get out in years to come.
                        Rosemary, still gobsmacked at the centre of your quilt, the sashing will make it even more special. Are you putting sashing between the big blocks too?
                        Marilyn, the sashing has made your blocks really pop out - it is lovely
                        Rita, your quilts is so calm: it would be so nice to curl up with together with a good book and an hours peace and quiet

There is so much eye-candy that I am sure I have forgotten somebody, so please forgive me if I haven' t commented on everybody's great work. As I said it is hard to keep up with you ladies :lol:
                        Marianne

Comment

Here are my mini blocks all sashed I will be using the same layout for the larger blocks, but with this in the central position.

Comment

Rosemary, that is a miniature quilt in itself! Fantastic.

Comment

Rosemary, talk about patience and precision... Super 8) 8) 8) Absolutely love it!

Comment

That is so impressive, Rosemary! Good on you!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1946 users online. 176 members and 1770 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25585   Active Members: 1,289  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X