Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Laura Nownes

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renata - Love your blocks & fabrics.

Comment

Coni - Love your quilt. The cherries fabric is wonderful! I've always loved Mary Engelbreit's stuff! Glad you were finally able to get your picture uploaded,

Renata - Love your blocks! I'm sure the log cabin blocks will be beautiful.

Nancy.

Comment

Coni , love your quilt! Your fabrics are so "graphic" and beautifully put together. Love the center in the log cabin blocs!

Renata, great blocks, love your fabric colors. I'm sure your log cabin blocks will be just as beautiful Thank you for the reminder about the dual feed balance feature. I was lucky to have a one on one training and since I was having issues with the 1/4" seam, the teacher showed me how to use it but, since I've been piecing in my Necchi I forgot about it.

Yes Rita, I know what you mean, having tons of crayons, paper, and all kinds of crafty things to keep the lil'ones entertained. Thank God also for Disney movies, they can only watch the Spanish version and it helps them to practice it.

Sure enough Rosemary, since except for my great aunt (she's more like a second mom to me) all my family live in Mexico, the phone bills...

Thanks every body for the words of encouragement Been in this forum is my "adult" and fun way to stay sane :lol: :lol: :lol:

My mother used to say she wasn't nosey she just took a healthy interest in her fellow beings
        Wise lady your mother Marianne, I totally agree with her :wink:

Comment

Thanks, Rosemary, Nancy and Limbania! I just decided on my log cabin and brought in one more unconventional color, kind of a teal for one edge of the log cabin because there was only one dark fabric in the whole quilt (blue green). I'll have to measure to see if there is enough because it is three pieces of scrap fabric and not selvage-to-selvage. Then I found a surprise color in my stash that is unrelated to the other colors but I have a hunch it will work so I am throwing it the mix. We'll see...

Lois, you'll be happy to know everything came from my stash, have not shopped for a single piece and am pretty happy with the whole lot. If not, I'll just have to make another sampler quilt. :lol: Off to pressing fabrics and cutting!

Comment

Renata, Coni, & Wendy your blocks are looking good. I use the Dual Feed on my Janome all the time for piecing blocks. It works great because it pulls the top and bottom through at the same speed.

Comment

I'm gone for a couple days and come back to too many posts to read, but enjoyed looking at the pictures of everyone's blocks. I use dual feed for all of my piecing too.

Comment

My machine (Janome Mystyle 22) is too elderly/simple for duel feed, so I have to do it for it :wink: Once I place the matched up pieces under the foot and take the first couple of stitches, with the needle down (by hand, usually) I then make sure that the end pieces are lined up and hold onto both of them tightly together, if there is any discrepency, I add a little bit of tension and stretch them so that they match in length, then I continue sewing.

My maths for the sashing etc has been coming along, and I have found the perfect green to go with my yellow/orange/reds, bought on a whim, when I bought the blue skirt batik, the down side is that I have only one metre (40") and for my planned patterning I have absolutely no spare for mis-cuts, and I am trying to work out how much I have for a little sashing around the mini blocks.

Comment

Rosemary, Your color choice for the sashing sounds wonderful. Good luck with making the fabric stretch!

Comment

Originally posted by loise98
                    Rosemary, Your color choice for the sashing sounds wonderful. Good luck with making the fabric stretch!
                    Actually it was Renata's suggestion to use green, I just happened to have recently got a metre of nice clean green (not olive-y in colour) the said 'yes'

Comment

I got my sashing done this morning. I remember now why I always put corner-stones in between sashing strips - it's because I am so crap at matching up the vertical sashing strips. :x I made my sashing strips 1 1/2" so they have come out at 1" finished. I still have the sashing to do around the outside but that will have to wait as I have to finish quilting a quilt by Thursday evening. I wasn't happy with my orange and white QSTs so I replaced them with blue ones. Then I was not happy with my log cabin blocks so I replaced them with the discarded QSTs and I am much happier with it now. Who knows, maybe I will use the log cabin blocks in the border :?: I did also manage to cut off some of the tips of my saw-tooth stars - I guess I need lots more practice at that one. :roll: Happy sashing everybody.

Comment

Looks wonderful, Rita! I love the addition of the blue QSTs.

Nancy

Comment

Rita, I am liking your quilt. I can't see chopped off star tips nor can I see any misaligned blocks. I think its great! I have "work" to do today. Time for month-end-reports. YUK! But getting back to this sampler quilt is the carrot-on-the-stick/impetus to get it done quickly. Its get seeing all these quilts coming together.

Comment

Rita I love your quilt too.

Putting off sashing my quilt because I want to get on and get quilting my Too Loud/Dogrose 1, now I have worked out how to fill in the spaces I have designed - I am really pleased with how the design for the quilting has come out but it would be sooo much easier if I was hand quilting it, not machine :roll: I could really do with some help in learning how to develope continuous line quilting designs. any chance of another set of lessons on that subject do you think? Or are they there and I just haven't found them yet?

Comment

Hey, Rita! Is that a blue sky I see in the background??? I really like the balance among the colors in your quilt, especially how the blues in the QSTs make everything pop--great job!!! Rosemary, can't wait to see yours with sashing on--love the hand-dyes you did.

Thanks for the comments on dual feed, the dual feed balance feature, and how you compensate without dual feed. Please keep those comments coming!

Comment

Rita, Your quilt looks wonderful. I don't see the problems you mentioned. At least you made all the pieced block styles and didn't cheat like one of us. ops: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14
                                Betty Jo

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2083 users online. 209 members and 1874 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X