Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

All Things Rhapsody

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Judy,
    Love your rhapsody.....the colors are fantastic. Almost looks like a tapestry. Great work. Can't wait to see the next one.
    Camille
    Living Threads
    http://www.livingthreads.net

Comment

Originally posted by Mirkwood
      Judy, are all of those flowers appliqued? It's so beautiful!

Ruthann
      Ruthann, I used the same method as Ricky does. First I used fusible web and then I stitched around everything with a blanket stitch.
      Living Threads
      http://www.livingthreads.net

Comment

Woohoo! I finished piecing my rhapsody quilt. It is on my profile under my personal photos. The name of the quilt is "Hawaii Calling". I am doing this for a quilt guild challange where we were limited on color choices. I needed a little more hand holding on piecing this together because there are a number of puckers. I guess more opportunity for quilting. (quilt it out) Thanks so much Ricky for your inspiration and instruction (great book) in doing this. I would have never thought I could have made something this challenging. I have till June 18th to get it all done. Can anyone answer me, if I use a white polyester thin batt, will it come through the front on the black background?

Comment

Nanette, I LOVE the Hawaiian-themed applique. So cute. Great job!
          -Tina

Comment

Originally posted by QUILTNBUG
            Woohoo! I finished piecing my rhapsody quilt. It is on my profile under my personal photos. The name of the quilt is "Hawaii Calling". I am doing this for a quilt guild challange where we were limited on color choices. I needed a little more hand holding on piecing this together because there are a number of puckers. I guess more opportunity for quilting. (quilt it out) Thanks so much Ricky for your inspiration and instruction (great book) in doing this. I would have never thought I could have made something this challenging. I have till June 18th to get it all done. Can anyone answer me, if I use a white polyester thin batt, will it come through the front on the black background?
            Nanette, I can't help you with the batting issue (never used thin poly) but I've got to tell you that I LOVE THIS RHAPSODY!!! Great job!!!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
            That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Nannette, Your quilt is wonderful!! You did a great job on designing and color. If I remember correctly, polyster batting is better than cotton for a dark quilt. I did a dark one with cotton batting and it came through or fibers just showed up on the top when I was done. I had to carefully brush it off. Check with your LQS for more batting info. Carolyn

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
              That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Nanette - love it! The Hawaiian motives are really great in this.

Comment

Nanette, I didn't answer at first since I don't have a lot of experiences to base this on but I once used a thin poly on a sort of scrappy quilt and it comes migrating through all the time to the front. If you do use it on black I would use a dark poly batting at least.
                  Karen
                  Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Nanette,
                    Your Rhapsody is really beautiful!!!
                    About the batting-I would go with a dark batting just to be safe. Why take a chance that a light batt will show through or beard?
                    eileenkny

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
                    Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Originally posted by QUILTNBUG
                      Can anyone answer me, if I use a white polyester thin batt, will it come through the front on the black background?
                      Your Rhapsody is gorgeous! I use Thermore batting for all my wallhangings, and it does not beard. I would feel confident using it in a black quilt. That said, there is very nice black batting available, also.
                      Brita

Comment

Nanette

I love your Rhapsody. I believe a black batting might be what you want to use.

Margarita in Auburn, CA

Comment

I think that Theremore ,(SP). also comes in black. I know I really like to use that for hand quilting. (Have not used the black though.)

Margarita (again) in Auburn, CA

Comment

Judy, I love your Rhapsody. It will be great.

Margarita in Auburn, CA (Still dreaming about doing my Rhapsody)

Comment

Now, Ricky, don't take this as criticism because we know you are BUZY but...............

when are we going to see the next chapter of your Rhapsody? I just love watching you work! You inspire me!

Lynn

Comment

Nannette, I love the colors, the black make the brights pop. I would use a dark batting for this quilt. My Rhapsody isn't lying perfectly flat either. I have begun the quilting and so far so good. It feels so good, da da, like I knew it would.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1977 users online. 149 members and 1828 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X