Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

All Things Rhapsody

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone for your kind comments about my rhapsody quilt. I got some black batting to be on the safe side. Good idea. Judy, I meant to tell you when you put your rhapsody picture up that it is beautiful. I love the flowers and your colors are perfect. Great job.

Comment

Hi all --

I just completed my first rhapsody quilt top and need ideas for quilting. I'd also like to try a wool batting, but never having used it, I'm not sure it's the right choice for a wall quilt. I was thinking of just doing a basic stippling, but would like to try something a bit different. There is so much going on with this quilt, so i want to keep it simple (also my quilting skills are good, but not great). I posted a picture in my personal photos.

Thanks.

-- Deb

Comment

Whauw Deb you quilt looks great. I am still stuck on my quilt. No inspiration.
        But yours look realy great.
        Duffy from Belgium

Comment

Wow, Deb!!!! Your Rhapsody is REALLY BEAUTIFUL! The colors and pattern is just exquisite! And such a neat idea to add embroidary too! Have fun on the quiltling! I look forward to seeing the final quilt posted! Mary Kay

Comment

Gorgeous Deb! Congratulations! I never got around to cutting out my fabric with the pattern and ended up using it in a couple other projects so that's another do over for me.

Comment

Deb, love the rhapsody top and all the colors. I like your new profile photo too. Nice to see your face. I agree that for this one, the quilting should be simple because so much is happening with the design. Simple outline stitching maybe. Good job.

Comment

Deb, your rhapsody is beautiful!
                Happy Quilting,

Shiner TX

Comment

Your quilt is beautiful Deb. Can't wait to see it finished. No ideas about how to quilt it though, I am still at the paper design stage! Maggi
                  Happy Quilting,

Shiner TX

Comment

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback. I've decided to take a break from it for a few weeks. Next week my husband and I are heading to Maui for a couple of weeks and I'm hoping I'll come back full of ideas and inspiration. I'll be sure to post pictures as the quilt progresses. Cheers!
                    Happy Quilting,

Shiner TX

Comment

Love Maui. Have a great time!

Comment

Lovely, lovely, Deb! I am taken with the bold center eagle and your Aztec (?) colors. Just great. Your quilt design will come.....eventually!

Have you seen the Aussie Rhapsody in progress under articles? WOW! Interesting.

I gotta go quilt! (but I can't as I'm at work!)
                        Lynn

Comment

Hey Lynn --

Thanks for the kudos. Yes, I just ready the Aussie blog and i LOVE it. It's so interesting to see all the different design concepts. I can't wait to see the finished product.

-- Deb

Comment

Hi all --

I wanted to let you know that I finished my rhapsody and thank you all for your support and encouragement. It was one of the most enjoyable quilts I've done. I just love the combination of peicing, applique and decorative stitches. It never got boring and I couldn't wait to put it all together and see it come alive! I'll be making a second one shortly, house warming gift for my girl friend, and I've got a million ideas floating around . So many quilts, so little time....

-- Deb

Comment

Deb your quilt is beautiful, an inspiration to all of those who have not got there yet. Maggi

Comment

Beautiful quilt, Deb. I hope you'll enter it in the Houston show next year.

Pat in Rockport, TX

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2021 users online. 175 members and 1846 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X