Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

All Things Rhapsody

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Justin must be right. DH just ordered the Grand Finale video for me.

Denise in delightfully cool Minneapolis

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
    Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Elsie, your quilt astounds me! it is incredible!

Sharon, I think that is a very good bribe!lol

lissette in pa

Comment

Ok, I am not complaining about the Rhapsody Flag not flying because I am just catching up on all this. I've been playing with my skeleton template and keep doing it over and over. I just seem to come up with the same basic design and can't figure out how all of you have created such beautiful ones. Once you have your first section done, and are ready to transpose onto the next section, do you add lines as you go along to create more intricate designs???

Of course, I am a long way from attempting a Rhapsody but the technique has peaked my interest. My problem is, I want to do everything - right now!! :P

Comment

Jessimina--
          Keep the skeleton fairly simple. You will be piecing this. If you want it more complex, use the applique for that. I actually re-did my design because it would have been a piecing nightmare. I tend to do very little applique and can piece some fairly complicated designs, but the focal point of the rhapsody is really the applique on a simple pieced background. As I see it, anyway. There is a rhapsody quilt on my profile (Heartsong) but I didn't do any applique on that one. It is all pieced. On this one, the applique takes center stage. There's a photo of it also on my profile, but nothing is stitched down yet. I'm working on getting the applique stitched now. I think I will post a detail shot of one small section.

Comment

For those of you already piecing the background, I'd like to hear about how you made your color choices. Thanks to elsielf's wise advice above, I've changed my design but would like to start moving along with some guidance before the teacher gets back!

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by elsielf
              Jessimina--
              Keep the skeleton fairly simple. You will be piecing this. If you want it more complex, use the applique for that. I actually re-did my design because it would have been a piecing nightmare. I tend to do very little applique and can piece some fairly complicated designs, but the focal point of the rhapsody is really the applique on a simple pieced background. As I see it, anyway. There is a rhapsody quilt on my profile (Heartsong) but I didn't do any applique on that one. It is all pieced. On this one, the applique takes center stage. There's a photo of it also on my profile, but nothing is stitched down yet. I'm working on getting the applique stitched now. I think I will post a detail shot of one small section.
              Thank you... it's funny but I keep going back to the first skeleton I made, it's fairly simple and I think I could do it with just piecing. I was thinking it was too simple but I see your point about piecing vs. applique. I have never done applique. Everything I've done so far has been via piecing so, I guess I should stick with that. I love your "Heartsong," very, very nice. The detailed section of your applique for what you are working on now is also very nice. I really admire the talent that is evident with all of the members. It's quite encouraging for us beginners.

Comment

dollum - the color choices were the hardest part for me. At first the corners were dark and nothing seemed to work right. Then I just kept changing things around and finally I was pleased. The end result does not have one color in it placed where I started out. It was hard for me to visualize the center without the applique.

jessimina - I drew many skeletons and ended up using my very first one. It is the most simple one I drew and I am quite pleased with the different way it looks now that I am adding applique. I will post a picture of a section soon.

Dana in Olive Branch, MS getting ready to go to the Nashville AQS show tomorrow.

Comment

Hi all, has anyone heard from Duffy? I haven't seen a post from her in a while. Maybe we just haven't been reading the same topics. Hope she's okay and will post soon.

Have a good evening, Sharon in TN

Comment

Jessimina--
                    Never done applique? Ricky's way really is easy. It's best to do it before you do the piecing, as the smaller sections are much easier to handle. It's all done with fusibles and machine blanket stitch. I'm sure Ricky will cover this when he comes back. Meanwhile, play around with some simple applique designs. what I do is put a piece of tracing paper or freezer paper over the main pattern sections (you can design the applique right on the pattern, also, just use a pencil and a light touch as you will probably be doing a lot of erasing, too.

Comment

Hello,
                      I am just back from Birmingham England. It was the MAX. S U P P E R!!!!
                      I even have an invitation for giving workschop handbag in Bungay, Suffolk. Should I do that.
                      The quiltshow was amazing, I met Marti Michel, Barbara Chainey,
                      Caffe Fassett( again),Margret Beal and many, many more.
                      What a pitty, Ricky and Alex where not there :cry: :lol:
                      I am in the coulds(do you say that to). I feld like a child in the candy shop. Spent lots of money to (shuuuuut don't tell my husband)
                      My stach of fabric is expandig and I have 12 new books.
                      That is why it is so quiet. I am reading and I have made two new handbags to. Photo's are coming later.
                      By for now

Comment

Duffy, it's good to hear from you. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Certainly, you should do the workshop. It would be a great experience for you. Marge in Ohio

Comment

Hi Duffy, I'm glad you had such a good time at the quilt show. As for the class on bags, I say go for it! I'm sure you would be a terrific teacher.

As for the fabric stash, we'll try to keep it a secret!

Have a great day, Sharon in TN

Comment

Duffy--sounds like you had a great time. Good thing your husband didn't want to go with--LOL, you would not be able to buy as much! DO the handbag class--they will love you--we do. ritzy

Comment

Originally posted by elsielf
                              Jessimina--
                              Never done applique? Ricky's way really is easy. It's best to do it before you do the piecing, as the smaller sections are much easier to handle. It's all done with fusibles and machine blanket stitch. I'm sure Ricky will cover this when he comes back. Meanwhile, play around with some simple applique designs. what I do is put a piece of tracing paper or freezer paper over the main pattern sections (you can design the applique right on the pattern, also, just use a pencil and a light touch as you will probably be doing a lot of erasing, too.
                              Thank you so much for your help. I will have to do as you say and play around with some applique. In fact, I have a fall table runner that has some pumpkins that have to be appliqued on, maybe I'll try your method on that.

Comment

Duffy, Your quilts are AMAZING !!!!! You do such beautiful work.

I miss the Rahpsody flag flying just as much as everyone else. But we have to remember, Ricky and Alex are both very much in demand and their time is limited. We have to be patient, (they say patince is a virtue) and we have to give them their space. We don't want to puch Ricky into the hospital for exhaustion, do we?

Looking forward to the flag flying.

In the meantime, have you started Alex's Fishing with Pop-Pop quilt?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1943 users online. 155 members and 1788 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25584   Active Members: 1,288  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X