Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

All Things Rhapsody

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheew! Finally got that thing to upload. It took some doing, but I did it! I posted my skeleton of my Rhapsody quilt. I managed to draw it in EQ5.
    Thank goodness the hard part is over. Right, the hard part is over, isn't it? lol.

I cut my template today! Yeah!

Lissette in PA
    who's looking forward to seeing the flag wave, by the way Ricky, I hope the hail storm was brief.

Comment

Lissette-Great sketch! Isn't this fun?
      Sherry in S. Mississippi,where I get up early for some quiet time.

Comment

The Rhapsody Quilt is a great concept!! Everyone's sketches look wonderful. I'm still working on mine and will post when I get something that really speaks to me. I'm looking forward to learning more about putting this quilt together - of course I'm still fairly new to all this. Being new to the quilt world I have a question regarding giving credit where credit is due. I'm considering putting a quilt in our state fair contest - possibly the Rhapsody quilt if it turns out well. The design that I make will be original but I'm assuming that I still need to note that the concept of Rhapsody Quilt comes from Ricky Tims - is this right? And I'm also assuming that it's ok to enter the Rhapsody Quilt that I make in a contest even though the idea comes from Ricky Tims - is this right? I'm trying to be very conscious of copyright stuff - any info would be much appreciated.

KT in Tennessee

Comment

Hello all!

A few members have mentioned designing their skeletons in EQ6 (or EQ5). I was wondering how they did this?? I've been playing around in the block drawing part of the program, but without much success. Thanks for any input.

Dave (loathe to read the EQ instruction book) in Atlanta

:?

Comment

Ricky,

So glad you are doing these videos. I had signed up for you Rhapsody class at Paducka later this summer. Actually I was on the wait list, but got into the class. But alas, we had schedule a work weekend. The choice was between the class weekend, or a co-worker missing her son's wedding.

I ask you, which is more important?

Sorry, I'm going to miss the class.

Comment

Thank you sherry, it was a painstaking session with eq5, and boy was I blundering my way through uploading the drawing.

Dave-I drew one fourth of the quilt in block draw and it took alot of counting the grid marks to make sure I was symetrical on both axis.

The curved line feature is fun to play with until the curve doesn't go in the direction you want it to go, then you let it be. It wants to be there. once the block is in the sketchbook you can manuveur it and test your plcement options. I hope this is enough info to get started drawing. I am definitely not an expert at EQ, but the ride is still exciting, almost as exciting as seeing the flag wave!

Lissette in PA

Comment

Would you all like to see me work in Photoshop sometime? It is not a drawing program, but the overall aspects are similar. Curious Ricky in Colorado, USA

Comment

[quote="RickyTims"]Would you all like to see me work in Photoshop sometime? It is not a drawing program, but the overall aspects are similar. Curious Ricky in Colorado, USA[/

YES !!! YES!!! YES!!! DID I FORGET TO SAY YES!!!

Linda in Beautiful South Dakota

Comment

Lissette what grid settings did you use in EQ.

Comment

Make that a YESIR-EE and a Pretty Please!! :lol:
                      Jan in luscious, green (for now-it'll be brown on this side of the state soon) Spokane, Washington

Comment

Originally posted by dvsrn1
                        Hello all!
                        A few members have mentioned designing their skeletons in EQ6 (or EQ5). I was wondering how they did this?? I've been playing around in the block drawing part of the program, but without much success. Thanks for any input.
                        Dave (loathe to read the EQ instruction book) in Atlanta
                        :?
                        Hi Dave,
                        I used 'easy draw' and divided the block on the diagonal to get 1/8 of my quilt, like the folded paper triangle that Ricky made.
                        Then I used the 'arc draw' tool to section that half of the block, then tried to mirror it on the other half. To be honest, as much as I love my EQ6, this was easier to do using Ricky's method.
                        I'm not going to use EQ to print the templates -- I'll do that by hand. I just wanted to play with fabrics and THAT was a blast.

Gisela in Ohio

Comment

Hello chermm, the settings were standard ones in the EQ, 24 point grid. I didn't use the solid line settings, just the dots. the solid lines confused me. They interrupted the sketch. I hope this helps.

By the way, Ricky, Photoshop would be a new challenge! Always ready for a new technique.

Lissette in PA

Comment

YES Ricky, please show us about drawing in Photoshop or any other way.

All the drawings are great..it's fun to see the different ones.

Can't wait to see some color in them...that's where I have the most problems.

I just love learning something new...this is a blast.

Dana

Comment

Ricky yes please show us any way we can do the rhapsody designs on the computer It would probably save me from the poor house because I have been going through paper like crazy trying to come up wiht a design I like
                              Also could you jump ahead and talk about fabric colors and embellishments and the applique soon just a quick heads up so we know where to go and what to get before it is necessary to make those designs thank for the videos and please keeo them cominv :lol Ann in rainy Illinois

Comment

I'm also wondering a lot about what is OK to enter in shows, etc. For example, can I enter a quilt made from a published pattern without permission of the designer? And so on. In fact, I would be interested in a whole show segment or forum topic, or whatever it takes so that I understand this stuff. Good question, KT.
                                Sharon in Colorado

Originally posted by KTDesigns
                                The Rhapsody Quilt is a great concept!! Everyone's sketches look wonderful. I'm still working on mine and will post when I get something that really speaks to me. I'm looking forward to learning more about putting this quilt together - of course I'm still fairly new to all this. Being new to the quilt world I have a question regarding giving credit where credit is due. I'm considering putting a quilt in our state fair contest - possibly the Rhapsody quilt if it turns out well. The design that I make will be original but I'm assuming that I still need to note that the concept of Rhapsody Quilt comes from Ricky Tims - is this right? And I'm also assuming that it's ok to enter the Rhapsody Quilt that I make in a contest even though the idea comes from Ricky Tims - is this right? I'm trying to be very conscious of copyright stuff - any info would be much appreciated.

KT in Tennessee

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2077 users online. 200 members and 1877 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X