Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

MONTH 1 — Ask Questions Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LizAnderson View Post
    No one has asked this question… Jen said to use a corresponding curve to get your 1/4”… I cannot find the corresponding curve to ‘C’. Can someone help or do is just ‘wing’ it.
    Elizabeth, I think this is the curve you are looking for. I only have it because
    I decided to paper piece my fans. Like Barbara said you can just draw it in
    using the C curve. Or if you drew the sew lines on your fabric for the B templates it would
    be all 4 on the bottom lines as a curve. HelenW

Comment

I thought I read somewhere there was a picture of hoe someone pressed the center. If I press the star points one way I don’t get a quarter inch at the points. Is there someone willing to share. Thanks!
      Elizabeth Anderson
      Cadiz, KY  (near Paducah)

Comment

Originally posted by LizAnderson View Post
        I thought I read somewhere there was a picture of hoe someone pressed the center. If I press the star points one way I don’t get a quarter inch at the points. Is there someone willing to share. Thanks!
        Elizabeth, Not sure I understand your question, and I have not yet sewed the center star together, but Jen had 8 points
        in her Marshal quilt (not a star) but she pressed them all clockwise. She is hand piecing. Are you hand piecing or
        using the sewing machine. I am not positive, but I think Barbara pressed her seams open. You can check her blog to
        see pictures. HelenW
        Can you post a picture of your star?
        Click on the photo to be able to enlarge and then zoom it to see better.

Comment

Someone asked about the tailor's knot that Jen uses. She shows in in her Part 1 Marshall quilt on Quiltmania.
          It is easy to see and understand. It is at 14 minutes into the video. Google Quiltmania you tube channel.
          Look at their playlist and it is 2019 Mystery quilt Marshal by Jen Kingwell. HelenW

Comment

Hi, If we decide to start sewing together some of the template B shapes for the border do we do them in groups of 4 and use template C again?

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
              Editing a comment
              The fans in the outer border are exactly the same as in Month 1 except they have a background. That template will be provided in Month 11 for those who don't have the acrylic templates.

Does anyone know the total yardage for the background?

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
              Editing a comment
              The Fabric Requirements document gives this information. Which background? The outer fan border will take about one yard if you want to use only one fabric. Otherwise, 3 yards is listed as the amount of low volume prints needed for background.

Barbara, I'm working away and doing well but have questions on background fabrics for the border fans. I'm cutting out the 256 fan petals to work on month by month so OK there. My kit has a bundle of whites that I think are for the log cabins - will there be enough of these that I can start using them for the border fans? I also have a few white/lights in the bundles of prints that I set aside for now (not enough contrast to use for fans). Very glad to get headscarf on the border as it would be so TEDIOUS! to cut and sew in month 11!! thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
              Editing a comment
              The Fabric Requirements document says the Log Cabin and Border blocks use a variety of low volume print, 3 yards. The Kit has more than 3 yards of low volume prints, in eighths. If you run out, use something similar.

Do I have my numbers correct for the outer fan border?
            Template C 64
            Template B 256
            Susan Skeel
            Des Moines Iowa

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, that is correct. 64 Fan blocks in the outer border.

Fabric question - name and manufacturer of the background fabric used in Jen’s Month 1 please.

Comment

Newbie question. Can you provide some photos of what is considered a low-volume fabric? Are we talking white on white? Hoping to do some shopping at Road2CA to fill out my stash for this BOM. Maybe I can get Jen to go shopping with me!
            Carole Berry

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
              Editing a comment
              Low volume is just another word for neutrals. Think light gray, beige, whitish prints. Look at the log cabin border for the basic idea. Look at the Kit to see all the very light pieces in it.

Originally posted by nhbaskets View Post
            Newbie question. Can you provide some photos of what is considered a low-volume fabric? Are we talking white on white? Hoping to do some shopping at Road2CA to fill out my stash for this BOM. Maybe I can get Jen to go shopping with me!
            Carole, this photo shows the low volume prints in the Kit, the very light, mostly white prints.
            Barbara Black
            Huntsville AL
            https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
            "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Please help! Is the frame that attaches to the center all y seams or do you just match the dots? I am having a difficult time pinning it together. Hope this makes sense. Thanks for any help with this section of the block. Marie

Comment

Originally posted by nhbaskets View Post
                Carole, My idea of what low volume means is any fabric any color that has a low color value number 1,2,or 3. That is just what I think of when I hear that term. I found a fat quarter bundle that I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. It is call Pastel Petals. When I ordered
                it I was taking a chance that I would not like it, but it turned out perfect. If you go shopping with Jen, she will probably lead you
                to her fabric lines. So you might google them and be prepared for that. HelenW

Comment

• Carole B. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Love these! Can’t wait to see your log cabin blocks!

When month 1 block is completed, what size is it supposed to be?
                Sally Gould Wright

Comment

• Helen W. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sally W, It is supposed to be 16.5 inches square including the seam allowance. HelenW

Originally posted by msunds21 View Post
                Please help! Is the frame that attaches to the center all y seams or do you just match the dots? I am having a difficult time pinning it together. Hope this makes sense. Thanks for any help with this section of the block. Marie
                Marie, I not sure if I can visualize what you are asking, but these 2 screenshot from Barbara Black's blog might answer your
                question. Be sure to read her blog the first week of each month for her tips and tricks for the BOM. HelenW

CLICK ON THE PHOTOS TO ENLARGE THEM

Comment

• msunds21 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you for your response, HelenW. I do read Barbara Black's blog and find it very helpful. I was concerned that I should have only stitched between dots and then leave the ends open but now that I have stepped away and came back, I realize it is just like sewing the C unit to the B unit. Oh how I can complicate things Thanks again!!

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1998 users online. 149 members and 1849 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
              X