Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

MONTH 1 — Ask Questions Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Barbara and forum, Happy blessed New Year & BOM. I can't seem to be able to save a picture of Jen Kingwell's "Pick a Petal". Tried the right click as you said in your opening statement Barbara, and yes, I am a star member. I hail from Australia too.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
      Editing a comment
      I can print from my desktop and iPad when I right click and Save Image.

What is the purpose of cutting the corners off the template B pieces?

Comment

• Helen W. commented
      Editing a comment
      It makes it a quarter inch rather than a longer point. It aligns better with the piece you are
      sewing it to. HelenW

Hi Barb, love your tips and advice. Quick question for you. You mentioned if we want to go ahead to start doing a few extra fans each month for the border. Just curious what background to use for the fan base and top curve? The black and white for the center is not big enough for all, right? Yes, I have the kit. TIA

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
      Editing a comment
      The low volume prints used for the log cabin blocks in Month 4 will also be used for the outer fan borders. If you prefer to have only one fabric in that last border simply substitute something else. It wil take about 1 yard for all 64 of the fan backgrounds and handles.

I am trying to find the link to the glue basting video

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    I am trying to find the link to the glue basting video
    If you go to Pick A Petal topics, then page 2, Pieced Block 2 it is in Sonia posted it. See the attached photos.
    The other one is if you just want to google the You Tube channel and the name of the you tube. Barbara also
    posted it in a couple places. HelenW

Click on the photo to enlarge and see the whole photo.

Comment

I am an Aussie...The cost of the templates is prohibitive for me. I am confident to make my own, but I cannot get a 1'' box on our A4 size paper. I have tried all possible settings on the printer, using my laptop, and all sides are too small

Comment

Sorry if this is not in correct place. Did you know you can get 4 of piece B and a 2 inch square out of a 5 inch charm square. I would do it with scan n cut but my grandson is on holiday, so I'm using freezer paper and scissors. The B pieces go round the edge of the square, so 1side is straight of grain. Would send photo if I knew how. Hope this is useful to cut so many bits for centre and border.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
          Editing a comment
          There is a Sticky post on how to upload photos to the Forum. That should help. Once you know how you have a new skill.

• Helen W. commented
          Editing a comment
          Please introduce yourself. It is fun to know the names of the quilters doing the same quilt you are.
          That is a really good tip. I am also interested in your use of your scan and cut for quilting cutting fabric.
          I will eagerly read anything your write about it. I don't have a digital cutter yet, emphasis on yet.
          Barbara Black, the super helper and admin. of the forum, posted a topic on uploading photos.
          Go to the general category of topics under Pick A Petal and it is the first topic.

HelenW from North Idaho USA
          Last edited by Helen W.; 01-04-2024, 07:59 AM.

I am an Aussie...The cost of the templates is prohibitive for me. I am confident to make my own, but I cannot get a 1'' box on our A4 size paper. I have tried all possible settings on the printer, using my laptop, and all sides are too small
        Yvonne, I just posted a post under PRINTING accuracy topic. Please read. One more thing to try. Barbara gave us the
        measurements from dot to dot. I made an photo of hers. Measure these lines and write down what you get. It might be
        perfect line mine were, or it might be that you can get it to the exact length by increasing you page % size. Some people
        have found it they set their print to resize to 103% they get the perfect size. If all else fails and you print all your paper
        patterns on the same printer, you might not have 8 inch squares, but in the end they will all be off the same amount so
        your quilt might be a little bigger or smaller than 72 inches square. HelenW
        ALWAYS CLICK ON THE PHOTOS AND THEY WILL ZOOM AND SHOW THE FULL PICTURE THAT YOU CAN NOT
        SEE ALL OF SOMETIMES.

Comment

Is there an Instagram hashtag for the Pick a Petal BOM for those of us who like to use Instagram?
          Sue Heisler
          @QuiltingLifeOfSue

Comment

Is there an Instagram hashtag for the Pick a Petal BOM for those of us who like to use Instagram?
            Yes, please use #2024bomthequiltshow or #2024bompickapetal
            Barbara Black
            Huntsville AL
            https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
            "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

• Sue H. commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Barbara!

Hi, I am fussy cutting some of my fabric and would like to cut some of the pieces out ahead (I have the plastic templates). Are there any pieces I should hold off on cutting out? Any others that might need over cutting ( like the background in block #1)? Thanks!

Comment

• Leonie D. commented
              Editing a comment
              I asked my question badly. Is there any reason not to cut some of the other template shapes (not the background shapes) ahead? In particular templates L, M, I, E or F. As I'm fussy cutting I would like to do some of these ahead.

• Barbara B. commented
              Editing a comment
              No reason not to cut those shapes. If you run out of some fabrics because of fussy cutting simply add more.

• Leonie D. commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Barbara !

Hi, I noticed there is an additional registration hole on Template A. What is the purpose for that hole? Thanks.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
              Editing a comment
              No known purpose I can detect. Just a guess the design was changed and this hole wasn't needed now.

I have a problem
            my frame isn’t laying flat
            what do I need to do to correct this mess
            Susan Skeel
            Des Moines Iowa

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
              Editing a comment
              1. Is the center pieced into the frame?
              2 if so, was the frame flat before you began?
              3. If the center was appliquéd to the background frame was the center the correct size? Use the template measurements to be sure it is.
              4. I suspect you will have to take it apart and try again

• Helen W. commented
              Editing a comment
              Susan, Just looking at the top picture, the short seams on the vertical and horizontal look like they might be an inch.
              That is too large. Check your pattern
              measurements. Please post picture of the back. HelenW

I was not thinking, you probably oversized the outside of
              the background to be able to trim to perfect when ready
              to trim.
              Last edited by Helen W.; 01-06-2024, 01:15 PM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9202.jpeg
Views:	0
Size:	361.7 KB
ID:	898468 No one has asked this question… Jen said to use a corresponding curve to get your 1/4”… I cannot find the corresponding curve to ‘C’. Can someone help or do is just ‘wing’ it.
            Last edited by Elizabeth A.; 01-06-2024, 10:39 AM. Reason: I decided I could use the C template
            Elizabeth Anderson
            Cadiz, KY  (near Paducah)

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
              Editing a comment
              There is no template with the C curve since it is made from 4 fan blades. You can draw it in using a ruler if you need it.

Originally posted by sewskeel View Post
            I have a problem
            my frame isn’t laying flat
            what do I need to do to correct this mess
            Can you show us a picture of the back? I can always trouble shoot better by looking at the seams. HelenW

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2890 users online. 550 members and 2340 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25685   Active Members: 1,318  
            Welcome to our newest member, Laurie DeBarge-lquiltwoman.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

• MONTH 8 is Up!
              A few days early, Month 8 patterns are up and ready. Enjoy!
            • PICK A PETAL -- Show Your Finished Top Here
              So many are getting their Pick a Petal done early! Use this TOPIC so show off your completed top or quilt.
            • video tutorials
              For some reason I thought that you had done monthly videos for the bom, but maybe I'm wrong because I cant find them an...
            • MONTH 8 — Ask Questions Here
              Please use this TOPIC to ask questions about month 8....
            • MONTH 8 — Show Your Progress Here
              Please use this TOPIC to share your progress.
            • No more items.
            Working...
            X