Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Month 3 — SHOW YOUR PROGRESS

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Month 3 — SHOW YOUR PROGRESS

Please use THIS TOPIC to show your Month 3 blocks.

To learn how to post photos, use the SEARCH THE FORUM box— type UPLOADING PHOTOS to find the post from July 2021 that explains how.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

First Dresden plate attempt. I made it 4 inches in EQ8, but the turn of the cloth on all the pedals makes it a fraction over
    4 inches. Might have to go with 3.75 pattern size or maybe raw edge applique. Fun to be able to play around with it.
    Still don't have my machine back from the shop yet. HelenW

Comment

[QUOTE=HelenW;n892235]First Dresden plate attempt. I made it 4 inches in EQ8, but the turn of the cloth on all the pedals makes it a fraction over
      4 inches. Might have to go with 3.75 pattern size or maybe raw edge applique. Fun to be able to play around with it.
      Still don't have my machine back from the shop yet. HelenW[/QUOTE]

This is not the Dresden Plate Irene used--hers has pointed ends, not round.

I worked in EQ8 and the closest I could come to the size in the pattern is a 3" 12 petal Dresden Plate. The center circle was way too small but it's easy to make the circle the 1.25" size in the pattern. It's 3" because that pattern does NOT have the points straight up and down as Irene does.

If you want the size just like Irene's--BUY THE PAPERS.

If you want to try drawing it yourself--START WITH A 3.75" CIRCLE--be precise in segmenting it into 12 petals, and use 1.25" for the center circle.

To keep this information from getting lost, I have created a NEW TOPIC for the Dresden Plate Petals and Circles--please put all future comments about this there:

[url]https://thequiltshow.com/forum/block-of-the-month-bom/bom-2022-garden-party-down-under/892239-dresden-plate-petal-and-circle-sizes[/url]
      Last edited by Barbara B.; 02-28-2022, 12:57 PM.
      Barbara Black
      Huntsville AL

Comment

Finished the pieced section for Month 3 and I am pleased with the results. For the Dresden Plate, I used Print & Fuse Light and stitched it down with invisible thread. On to the embroidery section...

Comment

• Helen W. commented
          Editing a comment
          Sandra, I like the way you used two solid like fabrics in two pieces opposite each other and pale
          similar colored fabrics. Then pulling them all together in the Dresden. Looks great. HelenW

[FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000][FONT=-webkit-standard][COLOR=black]One attempt at using the tiny blade templates sent me looking for a "better mouse trap"! I figured out how to make mine using the freezer paper piecing technique. Thanks to comments about enlarging the block illustration to 160% and trick of sewing across the top of the blade to make the point and I was off. I posted a photo of my steps and a very brief description of the process under the forum heading of "Dresden plate template and Circle". The first one was trial and a few errors, the next 6 went very quickly. I did all to this stage in just less than 4 hrs. Now on to the circles and sewing down to the squares![/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

• Leslie M. commented
          Editing a comment
          Such cheery Dresdens.

I did the appliqué first

Comment

• Leslie M. commented
          Editing a comment
          Great colors throughout the block.

• Judith A. commented
          Editing a comment
          Great fabric choices.

• Norma C. commented
          Editing a comment
          Love your fabric choices!

Linda, I really like the background fabric! I decided to "kiss the frog" (a favorite bloggers term for doing the least favorite thing first) and get the Dresdens out of the way. I'm prepping the appliqué pieces now :)

Comment

Finished my pieced blocks. Super cute. If you are able the Dresden plates are just so cute and worth the effort.
          Will start appliqué block soon.
          Linda H
          Happy Quilting 

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
            Editing a comment
            Great blocks, good job!

I ended up using a flower from month 1 instead of the dresden plate, and I'm happy with it!

Comment

[QUOTE=AmyE;n892338]I ended up using a flower from month 1 instead of the dresden plate, and I'm happy with it![/QUOTE]

Amy, I wish there was a LOVE button--great way to make this quilt your own.
            Barbara Black
            Huntsville AL

Comment

This was so much faster than the first one.
              Last edited by Connie H.; 03-06-2022, 11:42 AM. Reason: I used the Print & Piece Fuse Lite for each Dresden petal, glued the hem at the top of each and then sewed them together on the machine. The fusible made it easier to handle those tiny pieces for

Comment

• Carolyn R. commented
                Editing a comment
                Connie, I love the gradient coloring in the fabric for your drooping flower on the lower left. You have given me inspiration!

[[email protected];n892363]Guess I am messed up now! I just got the correction on size to trim to and I did it according to first instructions.[/QUOTE]

There is NOT a correction to the size. The pattern clearly says to trim to 13.5” W X 12.5” H.
              Barbara Black
              Huntsville AL

Comment

Finished the appliqué…. Now to the piecing. Enjoying the quilt. Thanks Barbara for your work on teaching!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Elizabeth A.; 03-06-2022, 10:33 AM. Reason: Made a decision…. After this week I decided to stand with Ukraine and make my blocks blue and yellow and my Dresden plate will be a sunflower
                Elizabeth Anderson
                Cadiz, KY  (near Paducah)

Comment

• Connie H. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Beautiful thoughts and beautiful block Elizabeth!

Month 3 finished.
                Ruth Wilson

Comment

Month 3 Progress... My Garden Party has a simple flower pot for the vase, and a spring garden with tulips, bunnies and bees.
                  HelenW

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1064 users online. 171 members and 893 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,772   Members: 25245   Active Members: 1,507  
                  Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                  X