Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Month 3 finished.
    Ruth Wilson

Comment

Month 3 Progress... My Garden Party has a simple flower pot for the vase, and a spring garden with tulips, bunnies and bees.
      HelenW

Comment

Picture did not come up in the post. HelenW

Comment

• Sally W. commented
          Editing a comment
          Very cute. I love the bunnies and the design of the pot.

• Karen J. commented
          Editing a comment
          I love your block, including the bunnies. Great job.

I did a few minor changes to design of certain elements.

I’m hooked. Need more.
        France 

Comment

My progress so far. Really enjoying this project.

Comment

• Judith A. commented
            Editing a comment
            Beautiful!

I decided to finish all of the dresdens at the same time. I am pretty new to eep and decided to experiment. I have the papers in the kit. At first I tried glue, both sewline and Acorn piecing glue but the papers are tiny and it is hard to use a tiny bit of glue and it was really hard to remove the papers. Then I tried a new product I just got from Acorn. It is the Easy Press Pen and you refill it with the acorn starch. It has a felt tip and you press down on the tip to release the starch. I starched the edges of the fabric and ironed it dry around the papers. You need some silicone finger tips to keep from burning yourself. After sewing the Dresdens together it was a snap to remove the papers! Learning a lot❤️

Comment

Randomly satin stitched triangles give splash of colors to this dark pitcher.

Comment

• Carolyn R. commented
              Editing a comment
              Very skillfully done! Your fabric selection is super!

Finished Month 2 and on to Month 3. Still not sure what I am going to do with the corners. We have such a creative bunch of quilters with this BOM. I am so amazed at the different approaches.
            Last edited by Monique G.; 03-08-2022, 11:43 PM.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
              Editing a comment
              Monique, I would put something curvy/circular in the corners. Your colors are very pleasing.

[QUOTE=mgratrix;n892477]Finished Month 2 and on to Month 3. Still not sure what I am going to do with the corners. We have such a creative bunch of quilters with this BOM. I am so amazed at the different approaches. [/QUOTE]

Monique, You could audition a 9 patch in each corner. I did a quick EQ8 of what it might look like. I had a few triangles that I did not convert to tan colors. Did not catch it until I just posted it. Your quilt is going to be beautiful.HelenW
            NOTE:
            This idea is not math friendly. With EQ8 I can just draw a 2.5 inch square, drag a 9 patch grid over it. Go to Print, templates and
            it gives me the exact size template to cut the pieces. We used really small 9 patches in Afternoon Delight BOM and they are really
            cute. I think Barbara's idea to stick with something curvy like the circle is a great idea. A small flower or some leaves that is similar to the ones
            that you put in the corners but facing out into the block might look good. Just resize smaller.
            Last edited by Helen W.; 03-09-2022, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• Monique G. commented
              Editing a comment
              I love the leaf idea. . . Thanks Helen! How would I finish the end of the stem?

• Helen W. commented
              Editing a comment
              Monique, You could either turn it under, then cut the seam allowance to very narrow before stitching it on the square or you could
              extend it into the seam allowance and it would be covered When you stitched the next row to it.
              You would have to rip out a small section of stitching in the corners between Months 1 and 2 and
              tuck it in, then restitch if you wanted them in all 8 corners and have the stem enclosed in the seam. HelenW

I am ready for #4

Comment

Monique, Another idea would be to use one of your flowers to put in the corner. This one might look good. You would adjust
              to fit the space and put the 2 leave shapes in the corner and the bud toward the center. Just another idea.
              HelenW

Comment

• Monique G. commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Helen Greatly appreciated.
              This reply by [email protected] has been deleted by [email protected]

month three finished except for the red berries [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":892497}[/ATTACH]
              Attached Files

Month three nearly finished. Red berries still absent. [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":892499}[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":892500}[/ATTACH]
              Attached Files

Month three just missing red berries. [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"small","data-attachmentid":892502}[/ATTACH]
              Attached Files

Month three nearly finished. Missing berries.

Comment

• janet l. commented
                Editing a comment
                How do you plan to do your berries? I have perfect circles but the berries are very tiny. I was thinking about embroidering them.

I ended up just using magic circles, yes they were small but just do it I prestarch my fabric, I figured out to make the seam allowance smaller on the smaller circles so it's not bulky from the gathers, paint some starch on the wrong side and dry with the iron. They are nice and flat.
                Last edited by janet l.; 03-29-2022, 02:35 PM. Reason: additional comment

• Donna B. commented
                Editing a comment
                I think it looks great without the berries! I may skip them myself. Your colors are so HAPPY.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1076 users online. 572 members and 504 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 04:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,010   Posts: 151,035   Members: 21927   Active Members: 2,157  
            Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
            X