I have all of my pieced centers done
      Susan Skeel
      Des Moines Iowa

Comment

Suzanne Chickite

Comment

• Peg commented
          Editing a comment
          fussy cut black and white flowers so cut!!!

I finished my Four Patch block, but decided on a flower in the center instead. I am really very happy with how this block went together. On to my appliqué block now.

Comment

Month 3 finished, I had some twists and turns took me awhile to figure out my direction. Changed up the flowers a little to give the “Japanese feel” to the look.

Comment

• Pamela commented
            Editing a comment
            Helen, Thank you for your kind words of encouragement, Pam

• Leslie M. commented
            Editing a comment
            Love your color choices! The blue is calm & elegant‼️

• Lisa W. commented
            Editing a comment
            Adore your colour choice! I haven't yet started because I'm not that into the colours used but after seeing yours I'm inspired. Going shopping today!

JET

Comment

Comment

Finished with month 3.

Comment

[[email protected];n892524]Month 3 finished, I had some twists and turns took me awhile to figure out my direction. Changed up the flowers a little to give the “Japanese feel” to the look.[/QUOTE]

Pamela, this is amazingly beautiful!
                Barbara Black
                Huntsville AL
                https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

I am at retreat with several TQS members who are working on GPDU.
                  Barbara Black
                  Huntsville AL

Comment

• Helen W. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Barbara, What a happy bunch of quilters. Are you teaching or just having fun and stitching? HelenW

[QUOTE=HelenW;n892539]Barbara, What a happy bunch of quilters. Are you teaching or just having fun and stitching? HelenW[/QUOTE]

a little of both. These are all friends/students who know I can answer their questions and am happy to do so. Lots of teachable moments.

Barbara Black
                  Huntsville AL

Comment

This reply by [email protected] has been deleted by [email protected]
                    photos didn't upload properly

Hand appliqued and EPP the Dresden plate and enjoying the process. [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":892543}[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":892544}[/ATTACH] I call this "homage to Irene and Barbara" since I used the same fabric for the pitcher. Still happy with my color selections - mostly Tula Pink on a wine background -- but can't figure out why my phone keeps washing them out. As anyone who knows Tula's fabrics -- they are anything but pale! Loving this project and can't wait for BOM4! (Happy I can get a head start on the next pieced block.)
                    Attached Files

Using Tula Pink and similar bright fabrics on a wine red background, and liking the combination (though finding a variety of background fabrics was a little challenging). Appliqued block is hand sewn and pieced block has an EPP Dresden center -- enjoying the process! Looking forward to BOM4.

Comment

• Peg commented
                      Editing a comment
                      very dramatic!

• Ellen L. commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Love that background!

made a few changes to month 3, but like it. This is such a fun pattern! Decided to change my background in the pieced block to add more pop.

Comment

Oh the lessons to be learned! The Dresden flower I have sewn on 3 times. The first I puckered the background fabric and the second I realized that the paper templates are not supposed to be left in place! I guess I was thinking that the templates were similar to the fuse lite and would wash out. unfortunately I had all six made and the removal of the paper templates was a bit challenging :{

Comment

• Peg commented
                        Editing a comment
                        that's why I always try to convert PP to freezer paper piecing- I HATE to take out paper, esp on small pieces where the pulling can distort the shape and pull out stitches! love your color palette - very soothing

• Pamela F. commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you for your compliment and the idea to convert to PP’ing with freezer paper. I have never used paper templates and my first PP’ing has been in this quilt. I am learning so much each month!

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 757 users online. 318 members and 439 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 04:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,010   Posts: 151,029   Members: 21912   Active Members: 2,198  
                    Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                    X