Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Month 3 — SHOW YOUR PROGRESS

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JET

Comment

Comment

Finished with month 3.

Comment

[[email protected];n892524]Month 3 finished, I had some twists and turns took me awhile to figure out my direction. Changed up the flowers a little to give the “Japanese feel” to the look.[/QUOTE]

Pamela, this is amazingly beautiful!
          Barbara Black
          Huntsville AL
          https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
          "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

I am at retreat with several TQS members who are working on GPDU.
            Barbara Black
            Huntsville AL

Comment

• Helen W. commented
              Editing a comment
              Barbara, What a happy bunch of quilters. Are you teaching or just having fun and stitching? HelenW

[QUOTE=HelenW;n892539]Barbara, What a happy bunch of quilters. Are you teaching or just having fun and stitching? HelenW[/QUOTE]

a little of both. These are all friends/students who know I can answer their questions and am happy to do so. Lots of teachable moments.

Barbara Black
            Huntsville AL

Comment

Using Tula Pink and similar bright fabrics on a wine red background, and liking the combination (though finding a variety of background fabrics was a little challenging). Appliqued block is hand sewn and pieced block has an EPP Dresden center -- enjoying the process! Looking forward to BOM4.

Comment

• Peg commented
                Editing a comment
                very dramatic!

• Ellen L. commented
                Editing a comment
                Love that background!

made a few changes to month 3, but like it. This is such a fun pattern! Decided to change my background in the pieced block to add more pop.

Comment

Oh the lessons to be learned! The Dresden flower I have sewn on 3 times. The first I puckered the background fabric and the second I realized that the paper templates are not supposed to be left in place! I guess I was thinking that the templates were similar to the fuse lite and would wash out. unfortunately I had all six made and the removal of the paper templates was a bit challenging :{

Comment

• Peg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  that's why I always try to convert PP to freezer paper piecing- I HATE to take out paper, esp on small pieces where the pulling can distort the shape and pull out stitches! love your color palette - very soothing

• Pamela F. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you for your compliment and the idea to convert to PP’ing with freezer paper. I have never used paper templates and my first PP’ing has been in this quilt. I am learning so much each month!

I finished Month 3 blocks. I am happy with the results! So much fun!

Comment

• jptousley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Love your blocks! The dark background is very effective and really impacts the mood of the quilt!

• Marge P. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Your piece is beautiful!

Got my Ukraine block done. I also finished all the Dresden plates while watching basketball yesterday.
                Elizabeth Anderson
                Cadiz, KY  (near Paducah)

Comment

Very nice, the Ukraine block colors are wonderful! ..March Madness is a good time to get this month's block finished. I also added a few yellow/blue with my Dresden block. Are you hand appliqueing? I am so it seems to take a bit longer. Happy quilting.

Comment

• Elizabeth A. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes. I hand appliquéd the Dresden plate. But I have been machine appliquéing my larger block. I felt there were too many turns to make it neat with the sewing machine

I decided to make two appliqued blocks...

Comment

• Teresa B. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Love your blocks!

month 3 completed

Comment

Month 3 done, my way
                    Monique 
                    Morrisburg, ON  Canada

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1547 users online. 196 members and 1351 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,774   Members: 25247   Active Members: 1,497  
                    Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Best batting for art quilting.
                      Helen W. Thank you so very much for you messages! Wow they are so helpful. Some answers. The quilt is due May 4. The finished...
                      Susan D. Do you know how to do any hand embroidery stitches. If you look at my coloring book
                      page hanging above your...
                      Susan D, I do use warm and natural batting most of the time. Whether to quilt first or after the applique is on depends...
                    • MONTH 3 -- Show Your Progress Here
                      Alice I love your ideas here. It gives a whole different look to the quilt.
                      I have also been experimenting with some alternate choices. if you enlarge the photo there are 2 pictures to see. They aren't...
                      Helen I am sorry for jumping on this post. I tried to send you a private message but I couldn't. I am working on this wall...
                    • MONTH 1 — Ask Questions Here
                      I think you mean the Month 2 Block 1 blocks. There are 3 things we can do wrong when piecing blocks: the cutting, sewing,...
                      Jennifer, Could you post a picture of your 4 blocks that make up the center star? This was discussed in month 1 several...
                      Help! My Block 1 blocks are all too small by about 1/2". Any suggestions to correct the sizing? I can not bear to...
                      An alternate block idea...
                    • COLORING PAGE Available
                      Hi. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, have been doing some travelling. I would love to share but the drawing is...
                    • Need advice re: bobbin quilting
                      Kati, Is the picture on your posting name the parrot? Pretty bird. Glad you got your quilt basted. I am using
                      Invisafil...
                    • No more items.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X