Our Sponsors

Month 3 — SHOW YOUR PROGRESS

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I completed my month 1 and added it to my 1 and 2. Garden Party Down Under After Dark Month 1-3.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
        Editing a comment
        James, Yours is my favorite so far. Love that black After Dark background. HelenW

• KAREN M. commented
        Editing a comment
        Ummmmm . . . . . FANTASTIC!
      This reply by [email protected] has been deleted by [email protected]

My Month 3
      Attached Files
      Patricia F McLaughlin

Having difficulty posting my Month 3 .
      Attached Files
      Patricia F McLaughlin

Comment

Having issues posting my photos . This is my Month 2 & 3.
        Patricia F McLaughlin

Comment

[QUOTE=Lynnanne;n892770]Helen, it’s just so beautiful…I really admire you![/QUOTE]

Lynneanne, Thank you. I always love hearing your comments. My secret is to always pick the things I love, the
          colors, the critters, the putting different patterns together to make it what I want. You can take any pattern, even ones
          you don't necessarily care for and just tweek it so much that it turns into something you love. Sure have fun doing it this way.
          April block I am thinking golden mantel chipmunk and daffodils. Saw the first chipmunk since winter just yesterday. Finally starting to feel like spring in North Idaho.
          If you are doing any quilting keep posting pictures of what you are working on. HelenW
          Last edited by Helen W.; 03-28-2022, 09:59 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=HelenW;n892771]

Lynneanne, Thank you. I always love hearing your comments. My secret is to always pick the things I love, the
            colors, the critters, the putting different patterns together to make it what I want. You can take any pattern, even ones
            you don't necessarily care for and just tweek it so much that it turns into something you love. Sure have fun doing it this way.
            April block I am thinking golden mantel chipmunk and daffodils. Saw the first chipmunk since winter just yesterday. Finally starting to feel like spring in North Idaho.
            If you are doing any quilting keep posting pictures of what you are working on. HelenW[/QUOTE]

It sounds like fun! I’m behind on the Garden quilt because I was making a Double Wedding Ring queen size quilt for my son and his girlfriend (they aren’t getting married but I love the pattern). I’m excited to get back to the BOM now though. Enjoy your spring!

Comment

• Helen W. commented
              Editing a comment
              Lynneanne, Double wedding ring quilts are one of my favorites. If you haven't noticed, the quilt on
              my lap on my forum photo is a double wedding ring. Would love to see of picture of the one you are
              working on. HelenW

This is my first applique project and I am struggling to keep up. I've got this moth's block glue basted and it is ready for hand stitching. I can def see an improvement from the previous months' applique and I was confident enough this month to change a few things in the pattern to suit my taste. Yea, me!

However, over the weekend, I was trimming my dog tooth boarders for month 1 and I cut the width too short. I was tired, blah blah blah. You know the story.... I've got my fix figured out, so I will work on that this weekend.

For my quilt, I've used contemporary to feedsack fabrics, and I really like the mix. Overall, I am enjoying the process, learning/refining new techniques, and watching my improvements. I've been hoarding feedsacks for years. I FINALLY got the courage to use them.

I've cut out all the little pieces for the dresden plate. This is my next challenge!!! lol

I love seeing everyone's progress. Y'all are an inspiration. Sending big hugs to my beautiful quilter friends.

Have a great day from Montgomery, AL.

Comment

• Terri S. commented
              Editing a comment
              Shannon K., Nice work, you have great color-sense and I really like your fussy-cut vase fabric. If it's any consolation, I have month 1 done, all of the parts and pieces done for month 2 - just haven't stitched them together. And I have yet to even begin month 3... I am doing appliqué by hand (using Appliquick tools and QS select print and piece fuse light), but as post-pandemic life ramps up again, I am finding it difficult to keep up! Know that you are not alone in your progress and quilting is not a race! Keep moving forward and enjoy the process...-terri

• Suzanne F. commented
              Editing a comment
              Love the material you used for the vase!

Month 3 finished, just in time for tomorrow’s release.

Comment

Month 1-3 complete. Ready for Month 4
              -dena

Comment

Really like this block.

Comment

Comment

• Carolyn R. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wendy, great choice in fabrics! Very skillfully done!

Months 1-3 finished. Love working on this quilt.

Comment

• jptousley commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The butterfly is wonderful! Great fabrics!

Comment

[QUOTE=HelenW;n892786]Lynneanne, Double wedding ring quilts are one of my favorites. If you haven't noticed, the quilt on
                    my lap on my forum photo is a double wedding ring. Would love to see of picture of the one you are
                    working on. HelenW[/QUOTE]
                    Here’s mine so far but I am way behind! I did see your double wedding ring and it helped me get encouraged to do it. It’s finally done. I split the batting like you suggested to fit it into my machine. Thanks!
                    Last edited by Lynnanne; 04-02-2022, 04:38 PM.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1054 users online. 538 members and 516 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 04:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,010   Posts: 151,035   Members: 21927   Active Members: 2,157  
                    Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                    X