Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Month 3 — SHOW YOUR PROGRESS

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my first applique project and I am struggling to keep up. I've got this moth's block glue basted and it is ready for hand stitching. I can def see an improvement from the previous months' applique and I was confident enough this month to change a few things in the pattern to suit my taste. Yea, me!

However, over the weekend, I was trimming my dog tooth boarders for month 1 and I cut the width too short. I was tired, blah blah blah. You know the story.... I've got my fix figured out, so I will work on that this weekend.

For my quilt, I've used contemporary to feedsack fabrics, and I really like the mix. Overall, I am enjoying the process, learning/refining new techniques, and watching my improvements. I've been hoarding feedsacks for years. I FINALLY got the courage to use them.

I've cut out all the little pieces for the dresden plate. This is my next challenge!!! lol

I love seeing everyone's progress. Y'all are an inspiration. Sending big hugs to my beautiful quilter friends.

Have a great day from Montgomery, AL.

Comment

• Terri S. commented
      Editing a comment
      Shannon K., Nice work, you have great color-sense and I really like your fussy-cut vase fabric. If it's any consolation, I have month 1 done, all of the parts and pieces done for month 2 - just haven't stitched them together. And I have yet to even begin month 3... I am doing appliqué by hand (using Appliquick tools and QS select print and piece fuse light), but as post-pandemic life ramps up again, I am finding it difficult to keep up! Know that you are not alone in your progress and quilting is not a race! Keep moving forward and enjoy the process...-terri

• Suzanne F. commented
      Editing a comment
      Love the material you used for the vase!

Month 3 finished, just in time for tomorrow’s release.

Comment

Month 1-3 complete. Ready for Month 4
      -dena

Comment

Really like this block.

Comment

Comment

• Carolyn R. commented
            Editing a comment
            Wendy, great choice in fabrics! Very skillfully done!

Months 1-3 finished. Love working on this quilt.

Comment

• jptousley commented
            Editing a comment
            The butterfly is wonderful! Great fabrics!

Comment

[QUOTE=HelenW;n892786]Lynneanne, Double wedding ring quilts are one of my favorites. If you haven't noticed, the quilt on
            my lap on my forum photo is a double wedding ring. Would love to see of picture of the one you are
            working on. HelenW[/QUOTE]
            Here’s mine so far but I am way behind! I did see your double wedding ring and it helped me get encouraged to do it. It’s finally done. I split the batting like you suggested to fit it into my machine. Thanks!
            Last edited by Lynnanne; 04-02-2022, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Comment

[QUOTE=Lynnanne;n892872][/QUOTE]

Lynnanne, Thank you for posting your double wedding ring quilt. Looks like the fabric colors would work perfectly for Alex's Neutrals quilt. I often like bedquilts that are not art oriented.. Perfect for a more tranquil setting when going to bed. Did
                you quilt it it yourself? Nice work. And you have months 1 and 2 done for Garden Party Down Under. I like that your are
                putting some of your own ideas into it. I like the shape of your vines and the vase shapes in the corners. I always take
                peoples ideas and say where would I go with it. I think I would add an applique to the vase surface. Maybe a flower in one
                of the colors used in the center block. I like the half circle borders. I might add some hand embroidery or decorative stitch
                around the edge to give them a little more contrast to the background fabric. Did you learn any of Alex's hand embroidery
                when she was doing her Live Classes the past few months? You could do a different color embroidery floss stitch on each
                half circle. Maybe in a blanket stitch.Pull the colors already used in the blocks into the borders. For me, that would be fun. Just throwing things out there. It looks great just the way
                it is. Seems lately I have been getting into more embellishment. HelenW

Comment

• Lynnanne commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Helen thanks so much for your ideas. I did learn to embroider from Alex’s class and will use it on this quilt! The vases need some appliqué and embroidery as well. I like the neutrals quilt idea and will also make the quilt with the leftover fabric. By the way, my daughter loves your Garden Party quilt!

Lynneanne, I know this picture of your quilt and Alex' s Neutral Blooms does not belong in this topic, but I figured you would see it
                here since you are doing the BOM. Look at the flowers on the outside border of Alex's quilt, if your son's girl friend likes flowers,
                appliquéing a few of them in the center of some of your wedding rings, might just look wonderful. Just more ideas that popped
                into my head. HelenW

Comment

Since I didn’t have the pattern for the Dresden block I used embroidery.

Comment

• jptousley commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Great idea using embroidery in lieu of the Dresden block!

Month 1-3 done. Handwork gets better with each block. thanks for all the tips Barbara.
                  Dotti F
                  North Port FL/West Warwick RI

Comment

[QUOTE=AmericanQuilter;n892880]Since I didn’t have the pattern for the Dresden block I used embroidery. [/QUOTE]
                    Great idea! Good job!

Comment

Love this so!

Comment

• jptousley commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Great fabrics! Very happy blocks!

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1254 users online. 247 members and 1007 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,772   Members: 25246   Active Members: 1,500  
                    Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X