Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Month 3 — SHOW YOUR PROGRESS

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picture did not come up in the post. HelenW

Comment

• Sally W. commented
      Editing a comment
      Very cute. I love the bunnies and the design of the pot.

• Karen J. commented
      Editing a comment
      I love your block, including the bunnies. Great job.

I did a few minor changes to design of certain elements.

I’m hooked. Need more.
    France 

Comment

My progress so far. Really enjoying this project.

Comment

• Judith A. commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful!

I decided to finish all of the dresdens at the same time. I am pretty new to eep and decided to experiment. I have the papers in the kit. At first I tried glue, both sewline and Acorn piecing glue but the papers are tiny and it is hard to use a tiny bit of glue and it was really hard to remove the papers. Then I tried a new product I just got from Acorn. It is the Easy Press Pen and you refill it with the acorn starch. It has a felt tip and you press down on the tip to release the starch. I starched the edges of the fabric and ironed it dry around the papers. You need some silicone finger tips to keep from burning yourself. After sewing the Dresdens together it was a snap to remove the papers! Learning a lot❤️

Comment

Randomly satin stitched triangles give splash of colors to this dark pitcher.

Comment

• Carolyn R. commented
          Editing a comment
          Very skillfully done! Your fabric selection is super!

Finished Month 2 and on to Month 3. Still not sure what I am going to do with the corners. We have such a creative bunch of quilters with this BOM. I am so amazed at the different approaches.
        Last edited by Monique G.; 03-08-2022, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
          Editing a comment
          Monique, I would put something curvy/circular in the corners. Your colors are very pleasing.

[QUOTE=mgratrix;n892477]Finished Month 2 and on to Month 3. Still not sure what I am going to do with the corners. We have such a creative bunch of quilters with this BOM. I am so amazed at the different approaches. [/QUOTE]

Monique, You could audition a 9 patch in each corner. I did a quick EQ8 of what it might look like. I had a few triangles that I did not convert to tan colors. Did not catch it until I just posted it. Your quilt is going to be beautiful.HelenW
        NOTE:
        This idea is not math friendly. With EQ8 I can just draw a 2.5 inch square, drag a 9 patch grid over it. Go to Print, templates and
        it gives me the exact size template to cut the pieces. We used really small 9 patches in Afternoon Delight BOM and they are really
        cute. I think Barbara's idea to stick with something curvy like the circle is a great idea. A small flower or some leaves that is similar to the ones
        that you put in the corners but facing out into the block might look good. Just resize smaller.
        Last edited by Helen W.; 03-09-2022, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• Monique G. commented
          Editing a comment
          I love the leaf idea. . . Thanks Helen! How would I finish the end of the stem?

• Helen W. commented
          Editing a comment
          Monique, You could either turn it under, then cut the seam allowance to very narrow before stitching it on the square or you could
          extend it into the seam allowance and it would be covered When you stitched the next row to it.
          You would have to rip out a small section of stitching in the corners between Months 1 and 2 and
          tuck it in, then restitch if you wanted them in all 8 corners and have the stem enclosed in the seam. HelenW

I am ready for #4

Comment

Monique, Another idea would be to use one of your flowers to put in the corner. This one might look good. You would adjust
          to fit the space and put the 2 leave shapes in the corner and the bud toward the center. Just another idea.
          HelenW

Comment

• Monique G. commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Helen Greatly appreciated.

Month three nearly finished. Missing berries.

Comment

• janet l. commented
            Editing a comment
            How do you plan to do your berries? I have perfect circles but the berries are very tiny. I was thinking about embroidering them.

I ended up just using magic circles, yes they were small but just do it I prestarch my fabric, I figured out to make the seam allowance smaller on the smaller circles so it's not bulky from the gathers, paint some starch on the wrong side and dry with the iron. They are nice and flat.
            Last edited by janet l.; 03-29-2022, 01:35 PM. Reason: additional comment

• Donna B. commented
            Editing a comment
            I think it looks great without the berries! I may skip them myself. Your colors are so HAPPY.

They are not sewn together but done
          Susan Skeel
          Des Moines Iowa

Comment

I have all of my pieced centers done
            Susan Skeel
            Des Moines Iowa

Comment

Suzanne Chickite

Comment

• Peg commented
                Editing a comment
                fussy cut black and white flowers so cut!!!

I finished my Four Patch block, but decided on a flower in the center instead. I am really very happy with how this block went together. On to my appliqué block now.

Comment

Month 3 finished, I had some twists and turns took me awhile to figure out my direction. Changed up the flowers a little to give the “Japanese feel” to the look.

Comment

• Pamela commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Helen, Thank you for your kind words of encouragement, Pam

• Leslie M. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Love your color choices! The blue is calm & elegant‼️

• Lisa W. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Adore your colour choice! I haven't yet started because I'm not that into the colours used but after seeing yours I'm inspired. Going shopping today!

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1003 users online. 231 members and 772 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,768   Members: 25244   Active Members: 1,511  
              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X