Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Color my world — your finish here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm finished! I didn't realize until I looked at the photo that I have a quarter turn to my mariner's star. I can't decide if I should unpick and resew that final seam around the outer roads, or just leave it. I think I'll probably just leave it.

Comment

Complete is better than perfect.
      Lynda Bruce

Comment

• Helen W. commented
        Editing a comment
        Lynda, It looks Perfectly Wonderful to me!!! HelenW

I’m not sure where to post this, so bare with me.
      my new Job is taking up my sewing time I am not finished. how long will the videos and instruction be available?
      Your tutorials are great,Thank you for all your hard work!

Comment

Originally posted by Dneav View Post
        I’m not sure where to post this, so bare with me.
        my new Job is taking up my sewing time I am not finished. how long will the videos and instruction be available?
        Your tutorials are great,Thank you for all your hard work!
        The patterns go away after December 31, 2021. The videos and my blogs remain indefinitely.
        Barbara Black
        Huntsville AL
        https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
        "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Will Barbara's videos be available after the first of the year?

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes. And my blogs remain available.

Barbara, Some of us are looking for the videos for month 11 and 12. Are they posted somewhere? They are not in the month 11 or 12, only the patterns. Thank you.

Comment

Finally finished. It was so much fun to follow everyone along on their journey. Barbara you are a wonderful teacher and I couldn't have finished tis without your guidance. I used all fabric from my stash. I did the Eiffel tower in gold because I had it on a night sky background and wanted it to look like it was lit. Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	889246
            Dotti F
            North Port FL/West Warwick RI

Comment

I so enjoyed making this quilt this year. The instructions were very clear and easy to follow. Barbara's further videos made the process even easier. I learned a less frustrating way to do paper piecing, and I revamped the way I create in my studio. I wanted the corner buildings/towers to represent places I had been. So I kept Big Ben and the Eiffel Tower, but I drafted my own patterns for the Statue of Liberty and the Bell Tower in St. Mark's Square in Venice. Lynn Randall

Comment

• jpopov commented
                Editing a comment
                I also love your statue of liberty. struggling to design my own skyscrappers that are relevant to me. [email protected]

• sechai commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi, Lynn, just in case you see this late post, I would love to have your pattern for Lady Liberty and would be glad to pay you for it. We are a family of immigrants, so she has a special place in my heart. I can be reached at [email protected]

• commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice color choices in each building. Also admiring your Lady Liberty and Bell Tower. Would gladly pay for the privilege of using your patterns if available. [email protected]

Close to finishing, just need to quilt

Comment

• Laura C. commented
                Editing a comment
                Love the characters in the doorways!

Finished, next stop quilting. Canadian friends my little piece of Canada, the CN Tower, bottom right corner

Comment

Ready to quilt! I have enjoyed every aspect of this BOM quilt and appreciate the great pattern and excellent instructions from Wendy as well as the equally valuable videos and supplemental blog directions from Barbara. Thank you!
                I’m looking forward to the 2022 BOM!
                Jackie

Comment

• Sheri commented
                  Editing a comment
                  love your background!

• commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Your creative use of background keeps me coming back for another look! Have also pointed this out to several others including husband who is helping me choose ideas for my own Color My World quilt. And your compass star is really eye catching also. Great Job!

Color My World is complete and ready for quilting. I didn't know if I could do it but thanks to Wendy's excellent pattern and Barbara's videos and blogs, I was successful. I replaced the four skyscapers with the Calgary Tower (where my husband proposed) and the Peace Tower in Ottawa (thanks to Pat L for sharing her pattern with me) as well as the Seattle Space Needle and Washington Monument as my husband is from the Pacific Northwest. It was a wonderful challenge and I am so happy to have completed it.
                Deborah W

Comment

• Landa R. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Deborah W, would you be willing to share your Seattle Space Needle. My email is [email protected]. Love this

• commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Really love all the meaning of the "skyscrapers" you chose for your quilt. Thank you for sharing the meanings behind your choices with all of us. Inspirational.

• commented
                  Editing a comment
                  All of your skyscrapers are also very nicely done!

Teri

Comment

Originally posted by DottiPat View Post
                  Finally finished. It was so much fun to follow everyone along on their journey. Barbara you are a wonderful teacher and I couldn't have finished tis without your guidance. I used all fabric from my stash. I did the Eiffel tower in gold because I had it on a night sky background and wanted it to look like it was lit. Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	889246
                  Thank you, Dotti! Your quilt is great, love that background.
                  Barbara Black
                  Huntsville AL

Comment

• commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Would love to be able to see this one closer up. Consider posting another photo one can click to enlarge. Great dark background!

I am thrilled to see so many finished quilt tops. Great job all. Keep them coming.
                  Barbara Black
                  Huntsville AL

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1257 users online. 248 members and 1009 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,772   Members: 25246   Active Members: 1,500  
                  Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                  X