Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

COLOR MY WORLD--MONTH 1--Small Houses 1 and 2

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jillypea, Your houses are just too, too cute. Love the using a single color for roofs and sky, to tone the explosion of color down a bit.
    Looks like you taped the house and the background with roof together and treated it as one unit, or did you just seam the two together.I love the look. And putting your own windows
    and doors will give it a unique look. I was think embellishing with threads, but like the idea of fusing different shapes too. Since I am going with 60 %
    my windows are really, really small. Might just keep them small rectangles. To me, the combo of freezer paper piecing the two main units, and adding
    applique to the buildings is a winner idea. Thanks for sharing your photo. Great inspiration for everyone. HelenW

Comment

This seems like an efficient way of doing this and also will be good when it comes to quilting because there will be a lot less seams.

Comment

Originally posted by "HelenW" post=152700
        Jillypea, Your houses are just too, too cute. Love the using a single color for roofs and sky, to tone the explosion of color down a bit.
        Looks like you taped the house and the background with roof together and treated it as one unit, or did you just seam the two together.I love the look. And putting your own windows
        and doors will give it a unique look. I was think embellishing with threads, but like the idea of fusing different shapes too. Since I am going with 60 %
        my windows are really, really small. Might just keep them small rectangles. To me, the combo of freezer paper piecing the two main units, and adding
        applique to the buildings is a winner idea. Thanks for sharing your photo. Great inspiration for everyone. HelenW
        That’s exactly what I did, I joined the 2 pieces, then treated it as one unit, but don’t use scotch tape, I melted it when I ironed on top will try glue next time.

Comment

HelenW is a treasure. Not afraid to think outside the box and change things.

I will explain the original pattern. She will continue to amaze those who want to march to the beat of a different drum.

There is room for all in quilting.

Thanks, Helen!

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
          North Alabama, USA
          "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Watched all the videos and following the forum. I just finished my first house. My tip is to use my small clover craft iron for pressing. I will also take fabrics from stash. Cut up fabrics for all the houses, now to the sewing part.

The next few blocks went together so much better and faster! So can I say a little addictive?
            Linda H
            Happy Quilting 

Comment

I'm just doing the small houses in the center and decided to decrease the size to about 75% and keep the same 32 around instead of the 24 I thought of doing. That will give me 14" in the center for the mariner's compass and road. I'm hoping to find a tree fabric I can use in place of some of the houses and since I'm not doing the overhead trees I shortened the height of the background. I'm not sure when I will get to sew the blocks but I do know the 10" squares I'm using will make about 2 houses each since I only need oversized pieces for the outside edges.

While resizing the blocks I noticed the width of the 2 houses are slightly different. So my guess is in order to keep the circle accurate, house 1 and house 2 will have to be sewn together. I wanted mine to be identical widths so I drafted them on graph paper and on the computer to get the exact angle. I adjusted all of the measurements for easy cutting and plan to just sew the pieces together into rectangles to start with. I will make a template for the roof so I can get that angle correct. Then make a full size template on Mr-Label clear full sheet labels for the final square-up, leaving the top and bottom oversized. After sewing all of the wedges together, I will use a circle marker to change the top and bottom into circles. I tried the freezer paper method years ago but didn't have success with the fabric sticking, possibly because I used dryer sheets when drying the fabric.

Comment

This is a brilliant idea Jillypea!

Comment

Can’t wait to see it Annis
                  GQL

Comment

Hey guys. Apologies in advance if this the wrong place to put this question ...

How do we find out how big the mariner's compass circle is in the center? Am I jumping the gun? Should I wait for February? I have an idea ...

Comment

Originally posted by "roxannecooper" post=152761

How do we find out how big the mariner's compass circle is in the center? Am I jumping the gun? Should I wait for February? I have an idea ...
                      February is when the Mariners compass will be released.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                      North Alabama, USA
                      "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

YES, I agree, the Clover craft iron is the way to go, plus am using a small wool mat to iron on, less fuss.

Comment

Hello Jettfunk, when you go to print on your computer should show you a page on which you can select the number of printouts, the quality, which pages,...
                          And in the setting you have different options as well. As my printer shows me that page in German language I will try to find the corresponding translations.
                          I can select - adjust or actual size (that is what we need) - downscale - a modus where I can select a percentage.
                          Here you only have to check if your default settings are on ACTUAL and nothing else. Maybe you already have selected this and there is nothing else to do.

Comment

Wow A!

Comment

Who ARE you and can I be you when I grow up? I am in AWE of your capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by "roxannecooper" post=152761

Roxannecooper, Like you, I was wishing I had the mariner compass so I could play around with options. In my world, I would have started in the middle and played
                                add on for the blocks of each month.Building the quilt from the center out. Waiting patiently for Feb. HelenW

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1985 users online. 220 members and 1765 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,228   Posts: 155,194   Members: 25614   Active Members: 1,199  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X