Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

supreme slider

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

supreme slider

Just wondering.... do any of you have any thing to say about the Supreme Slider? Do you like it? Is it worth the money?

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

I have been wondering the same thing Kalynn. I know that Leah Day sure promotes it.
    Deborah W

Comment

I use it and like it, but I don't consider myself an "expert" machine quilter! :?

from the Piedmont of North Carolina

Comment

I use it and I really like it. Incidently, I've heard people say they need to tape it down to keep it from sliding and getting chewed up by the needle. It is naturally a bit sticky on the reverse side and I have no trouble with it staying in place. After a while, lint from sewing can become stuck to the wrong side and it will begin to slip. Each time I use it I check for lint collecting on the wrong side. If it's dusty I rinse it with cool water and the lint washes away and the natural stickiness of that side returns.

Comment

I have the look-alike model in the bigger size and like using it...I treat it like Lois does and have no troubles.

Comment

I have it as well and would advise to tape it down. I would get the queen sized one right away. I have the smaller one and it does need to be cleaned now and then.

Comment

I like it and use it all the time, it does make a difference, but make sure you get the one with the bigger hole for when you are using zig zag stitches etc as I have been told you can buy one with only a little whole for straight stitch.

I find that as I have a table that the sewing machine sites down in it, and sometimes if you are lifting the machine up and down from inside the table to change the bobbin or for a clean out of that area the slider mat has to be moved as it sits just beyond the edge of the hole in the table so to speak, so yes the sticky stuff underneath stops been sticky.

Taree NSW - Australia
              My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

I have one and I really like it. It not only makes the quilting surface smoother, it covers the edge between my acrylic insert and the hole in my table. Without it, this edges sometimes catches my quilt while I'm quilting. I also never tape it down and have never had a problem with it coming up. I had to learn to replace my bobbin without lifting the machine out of the hole in the table because constantly taking the slider off and then putting it back on was annoying to me.

Nancy

Comment

to make the sticky side stick again - just wash with regular hand-warm sudsy dish-water - rinse - leave to dry and use...
                  if you use a linty material / thread, or get lint from the batting flying about - the supreme slider will stop sticking properly no matter what - but a quick clean is all it needs
                  i would NOT try putting it into the dishwasher though - the heat would most likely be the end of it.
                  Lotti, Kuessnacht - Switzerland

Comment

Thanks for all the comments. My aunt has one of the smaller ones and she is going to bring it to our next "quilting by the sea" get together next month and let me try it out.
                    Lotti, Kuessnacht - Switzerland

Comment

And I've never had to use any soap on mine. Just a simple rinsing with water has worked for me.

Nancy

Comment

Thanks for the info ladies I was wondering about it too. Kalynn I love the sound of the 'quilting by the sea' get together, can I come? :lol: Is the weather nice by the sea where you are at this time of year?

Comment

I use a Sew Slip II, which is similar to the Supreme Slider, just a lot less expensive (half the price of a Supreme Slider, if I remember correctly). The difference between the two is that Supreme Slider is imperceptibly thicker but they both work in the same manner. I rinse mine with water and drape it on the shower door rail when the stickiness goes away and I have never had to tape it down. I do have the larger one.

Comment

Renata, good to know. I'll look into that option. Thanks.

Comment

That's prob'ly the one I have...couldn't remember the name.... ops:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2739 users online. 408 members and 2331 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25685   Active Members: 1,313  
                              Welcome to our newest member, lanaderay lanaderay-lanaderay0011.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X