Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

supreme slider

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anne1
    I think Patsy Thompson, in one of her classroom videos uses a silicone spray, it must be safe for machines or I don't think she would use it.
    I haven't used it myself as I haven't seen it for sale in the UK.
    I have a Supreme Slider and that works Ok but I don't do a lot of FMQ
    Anne
    Just a warning that Patsy gives in her video -- be sure to use silicon spray that is made for sewing. Other types could stain your quilt. I've used some that I purchased from her Web site and it works well. I switch between the Supreme Slider, silicon spray or nothing at all, depending on how the quilt is moving.

Nancy

Comment

Okay, so here's my report. I received my Sew Slip II in Monday's mail. So far, I LOVE IT! My stitching is so much smoother now. I'm glad I went ahead and ordered it. And thank you all for your advice, especially in informing me of the Sew Slip. LOTS less money!

Comment

Hi Kalynn,

I've been using the same 12 X 18" Sew Slip sheet since 2008, I agree I love it too!

Barb

Comment

That's great to know Kalynn. Thank you and happy quilting.

Comment

I purchased and used one. It does help the quilt slide but I found with use that it lost its' sticking ability and it ended up shifting and I of course sewed through it and had to cut it to remove it...destroyed it. I believe it's good for beginners but tends to be expensive and as I shared, I managed to destroy it.

Comment

You have to give them a wash to keep them "sticky" ...removes the fuzz and lint !

Comment

Yes, just rinsing it in cool water under a running faucet does the trick for me. How disappointing to have one ruined! The pocketbook certainly says, "Ouch!"

Comment

Yes, it is worth the money to me. With the supreme slider and the free motion foot set not to bounce - what a great combination. Don't forget the gloves or some type of finger tips, they help much more than you think

Comment

Yeah, I have the gloves but I don't always use them because I get hot. lol

Comment

I use the machinger gloves and I don't find they make my hands hot at all. Mind you, it doesn't get very hot around these parts, even in summer. :roll: Kalynn have you tried doing what Sue Nichols does and cut the fingertips off rubber gloves?

Comment

Rita, I am liking the new picture. At least I recognize you in change of photos. I am so visual that when people change their Avatar's completely, as did Lisa-wants-to-know (is that the right one?), I can't remember with whom, or what I am communicating.

Comment

Rita, no I haven't tried that, maybe I just will! Thanks for reminding me of that option. And I, too, like your new picture!

Lois, I am the same way!

Comment

Hi Louise! Sorry for changing my avatar photo willy-nilly
                            I had just taken this new photo in Italy, and thought that, like so many of you, I should have a photo that shows my face - instead of the photo of DH and I kayaking in Monterey...

Hope you can track me now, and happy quilting!

Comment

Originally posted by LisaWantsToKnow
                              Hi Louise! Sorry for changing my avatar photo willy-nilly
                              I had just taken this new photo in Italy, and thought that, like so many of you, I should have a photo that shows my face - instead of the photo of DH and I kayaking in Monterey...

Hope you can track me now, and happy quilting!
                              Now I know who you are! The kayak was fun but to tell the truth I prefer seeing your face. Thanks for posting your photo.

Comment

I have three different kinds of quilting gloves. They're great for the quilting, but I don't feel I have enough control for other things like threading the needle or changing the bobbin. I generally used the cut off fingertips from a pair of rubber gloves one size smaller than the size I would normally use. This way I use the fingertips on my thumbs and either the index or middle finger. I can leave them on for threading and generally only notice I'm still wearing them when I wash my hands or put hand lotion on... I've been known to walk to the shops with four bright pink or yellow fingertips :roll:
                                Lotti, Kuessnacht - Switzerland

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2751 users online. 412 members and 2339 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25685   Active Members: 1,313  
                                Welcome to our newest member, lanaderay lanaderay-lanaderay0011.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X