Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Row Robin starts Jan. 2016 All info on first post.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello!
    I have missed you all very much. Somehow the past couple of months have gotten away from me. I'm glad you are still here, patiently tapping your toe, waiting for me to resurface. haha...
    In September I was voted by my quilt guild to be the featured artist for the annual quilt show in March. Wow! I didn't see that coming, but I am very honored and humbled. Now to get busy and make some new quilts!
    The quilt guild is having a crayon challenge. We pick 3 crayons from a paper bag and use those colors plus one color of our choice. The quilt must be 24" x 36". I found that the size limitation was really harder than I thought it would be. I had several different iterations of a quilt before I could say "ok" let's sew this together. Here are my crayons.

And here are the fabrics I found. I added teal.

Yesterday I finished quilting my challenge quilt. I'll put the binding on today and hopefully have that checked off my to do list. I'll post a picture soon.

Rows.... Rosemary I like your idea of showing the rows we have received so far. Here are my beauties.

And yesterday after I took the picture above, Dawn's row came in the mail! Dawn I love this row! I love the colors, and the twisting and your work is wonderful! Thank you so much! And, I'm sorry about the weather..... But it's really the fault of Seattle/Portland. They need to keep their crappy rain and gloomy skies to themselves. Here in Eastern Washington, we are only supposed to have sunshine! So I hope you can understand why we send our gloom onto you. We're just passing it along! B)

My grandbabies are doing fine. They keep me so busy. I made a Star Wars apron for my granddaughter's 7th birthday. She loved it.

Luann, I am so sorry to hear in your blog that you had to deal with Hurricane Mathew. The emotional stress and the physical stress must be difficult. I hope you can get back to sewing now that everything seems to have calmed down for you.

Limbania I hope your husband is doing well and your new quilt business is a smashing success!

Jen, good on ya for all you do. Doctoring, mothering, sewing and even keeping us up to date. You are a amazing!

I'm sending you all happy vibes for a productive and happy November. Thanks for all your posts. I read them all and get a lot of laughs and hugs from them.
    geneva
    Geneva

Comment

Geneva, I am so glad you received your block. Boy, that was fast! I just mailed it Thursday. And, I'm thrilled that you like it! It was a fun block to make, but took a little forethought. (Almost missed it down there at the bottom of your post.) I seldom use patterns or directions. Just look at a picture and go for it. (We're STILL having that crummy drizzle!) One lady in our guild did a crayon draw quilt in her winter guild. She did three lady stripper siloettes with each color, and called it "2 1/2" inch strip." Each silloette was about 2 1/2". One stripper even had red feathers in the appropriate places! Very cute!

Rosemary, Lotti, and Terrie........I am very nervous about your packages getting to you! I live in a very small town, and the post office is just as small. It took all three employees to oversee the transactions. Those darn custom forms!!!! Anyway, please let me know when you get them, so I can breath a sigh of relief!

Limbania, I pray your husband is healing well, the kids are adjusting well to their new school, and that your new sewing business stitches right along! And, all lumps and sycts stay away!

I'm finishing up two Outreach chemo/dialysis quilts (will post a picture when completed) and then it is on to the next three rows.

Dawn

Comment

Great to see all you row together Geneva :woohoo:
        Dawn, isn't it good of us to help expand your post office's staff's knowledge of their job :whistle: :silly:

Comment

The All People Quilt's 2016 UFO challenge inspired me to actually finish some projects! This is my most recent finish. Row quilts are so much fun!
          I have no idea why the picture is sideways!

Comment

What a lovely quilt Beverly great colours

I saw TQS new BOM on Facebook looks good must finish up previous one :whistle:

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Love your row quilt, Beverly! Congrats on finishing...always a problem of mine. I have a number of "just abouts"!

in 'Yes, I Know the Way to San Jose...', California, USA

Comment

Very nice row Dawn/Geneva!
                Brenda - I love the row quilt!
                Wendy: I saw it too! I think I will make it half-size ... And yes, I will post instructions if anyone is interested!

Limbania: I received your lovely row! Thank you! I will post a picture soon...

Andrée

Comment

I'm glad I'm not the only one not finished with a TQS BOM. I am about 1/3 of the way on Janet Stone's ABC for Ewe and Me quilt. I love the quilt and just have to get going on it!

Comment

Still looking at the fabrics for Sue Garmen's 2009 bom, :whistle: which I won't let myself use for anything else in case I run out, but then it is a bit on the scrappy side so it won't be a total disaster, just need to get started on it again sometime. Actually
                    I was thinking of trying to get the last pieces of Terrie's mystery quilt cut so they are ready for sewing.

Important news, I got post yesterday from Dawn :woohoo: so pretty. Time for some rearranging perhaps, it hasn't told me where it wants to sit yet (some of the strips seem to totally know where they want to go! B) but others are undecided)

Comment

Rosemary, I am soooooooo glad you got your row! Yours and Terrie's seemed to be okay, but boy, did they have a hard time with Lotti's! So, I'm still holding my breath with that one. I hope your row talks to you soon, so it can find out who it's two best friends are.

Comment

You all are so sweet. You've made me tear up today. (I've just gotten caught up on posts) I certainly don't feel like a super mom!

I love the beautiful rows that are being posted. So excited to see what everyone is going to do with them -personally I think I might hang mine on my walls as individual pieces of art! We'll see :-)

Dorothy I'm glad you got your row -I made it to the post office a little later than originally expected so everyone else that's watching their mail boxes should be seeing something soon.

Take care all! I'll check back in again later!

Comment

Dawn/Lotti - beautiful row!

Here is the row I received from Limbania. The ocean meeting with the beach....

I love it! Thank you!

Comment

Here is Dawn's row, signed, dated and every thing :woohoo:

Comment

Lovely Row Dawn/Rosemary!

Andrée

Comment

Fun to see the latest rows.
                                Dawn/Lotti what a bright neat row! Dawn/Rosemary love the applique vine.
                                Limbani/Andree neat beach row!
                                Cathy - I'll mail your row Wednesday.
                                Barb :-)

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1939 users online. 163 members and 1776 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25585   Active Members: 1,289  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X