Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Row Robin starts Jan. 2016 All info on first post.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aw Luann I'd never mutiny I'm going to try not to get behind

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Thanks Lotti!

Andrée

Comment

Thank you so much Lotti!!

Dorothy

Comment

Thanks Lotti. Now we will just have to find another excuse for getting things wrong :silly:

Any chance that we might hear from Rosemarie sometime, I would love for her to pop in and say hello, and introduce herself.

Comment

I know a smidge about Rosemarie. She works at TQS. Perhaps in shipping? As her name was in the return address info on a recent shipment. Her online name is Drummom, so I bet one of her kids plays the drum? I think she'll see this post and want to get us updated,,,

Comment

Thanks again Lotti!
              Barb

Comment

For those of you across the pond, I thought I'd tell you about something we are doing here in the U.S. and Canada. Last summer thousands of quilt shops across the nation joined in what they are calling the "Row by Row Experience." Every quilt shop designed their own row, and sold patterns and kits for it. This year's theme was water. And most shops had prizes for the first person who came in with a completed quilt using their row, along with others. We are supposed to travel around our area, and collect rows (patterns or kits) from as many quilt shops as we can. I did not pay much attention to it, as I was busy with other things.

But, I decided to go buy the kit from my favorite quilt shop, and make it for someone in our row exchange. I then had a reality check. This kit was a lake scene, with sail boats and tamarack trees. (flavor of me) Well............although it is 36 1/2" in length, it is about 10" in height. Won't work for our rows. Too tall! The largest sail boat is 9". That's when I realized some scenes will be difficult to do with a 6" restriction. But, I will be returning my kit. Not only do I not like the chosen fabrics (not as pictured!) but the water piece was cut exactly 36". And, even the pattern tells us to cut it 38". Oh well, at least I'm now thinking about my rows, as I am working on Christmas gifts!

Have a great day!
                Dawn

Comment

Dawn

I really wouldn't mind if a row came to me and measured more than 6-1/2 inch!| Especially if it is in my "favorite" theme!

Andrée

Comment

I'm with Andree, in that I wouldn't mind different heights of rows. And surely, since you wouldn't be keeping them, the colours of the fabrics aren't too big an issue. Now the fabric strip that has been cut short - that is an issue to object to. Still, as you say, it has got you thinking about about the rows. I started out all enthused last month, sorting out some ideas, organising design sheets etc. My problem is more likely going to be keeping up the momentum for the long term, but I am sure that all the lounge lizards here will help with that.

Comment

I agree, height wouldn't be a problem for me either, wrong cut though is hmy: I am busy painting my Christmas cards (a little late this year) but can't wait to get back to quilting as soon as they're done :cheer: I have my first row figured out and will start on it as soon as I finish quilting the top I have done :whistle:

Dorothy

Comment

Exciting news in our house...this just happened! :woohoo: Just in time for my mother's birthday party today - she's getting a copy of the picture as her present :whistle: I just might have to record her reaction

I plan to work ahead on some of the rows so I don't fall behind 9 months from now.... :blink:

I knew I bought that adorable monster fabric this summer for a reason! Perfect for a new baby blanket!

Comment

Congratulations what exciting news for you. Is it the first?

Comment

Yes, congratulations on your big news!

Comment

I am so excited for you. And oh so happy its not me!
                              Congratulations,
                              Judy

Comment

Congratulations. How wonderful! Keep us posted on how you are doing. I am willing to bet there are quite a few Grandmas following this thread who are quite adept at adoring babies and nurturing new Moms. In fact, I love new Moms almost as much as I love their babies. BTW I consider a Mom to be a "new Mom" with each and every birth bc each and every one of those experiences is different and new. I'll be watching for news of how you are doing.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2304 users online. 245 members and 2059 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25587   Active Members: 1,297  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X