Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat Aug thru Dec 2015 Info on first post

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heather, your mil's quilt looks wonderful. I can see all the love in it from here! :kiss:

Rosemary, your quilt reminds me of summertime, when the living is easy..... Very nicely done and how fun to use up all those bits and pieces of other well loved items. Clever.

I am working on another baby quilt. It's for my grandson Dylan who is to be born in mid January. I was stuck for quite awhile, but found the pattern I wanted to use, pulled all fabrics from my stash hmy: and now have the top done. I just need to add a border and his name and of course quilt it. I've been doing a lot of care for my mother so that pokes into my sewing time. But I'm getting there! I'll post a picture in a day or two.

Happy weekend my friends!

geneva
    Geneva

Comment

Rosemary, your blocks look so nice. Funny how a leader/endear project can morph into something you want finished,,,

Heather, your MIL will be very pleased.

It's been a busy week for me with a few monkey wrenches thrown in!! I have a list of things that need to be taken care of, and dusting/wiping all construction dust off is utmost on my list! And,,, I would rather sew than clean.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone,
      Luann
      Geneva

Comment

Heather keep up the good work. I agree with Geneva. It's filled with love and care. I'd be happy to be your MIL, very happy!

Comment

Hey Wendy, I saw this on facebook and thought of you! In case you need more projects. :blink:

Geneva

http://mashable.com/2015/11/20/tank-tops-chickens-england/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link#vQYi87wY5sqY
          Geneva

Comment

:lol: Fabulous. Just right for ex battery hens poor things. My gang wear their own feather duvets, just moulted so all ready for winter. They usually wait until it turns freezing and icy before dumping their feathers.

Great stuff Heather and Rosemary.

I've been on my hols and lounging around in temps of 30 degrees plus so not done much sewing. I did go on a workshop today (driving through frost and snow) and made a piece from torn hand dyed sheets. Lots of squares on top of eachother etc., great fun and her fabric was beautiful space dyed.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Not the best pic I'll take another tomorrow in daylight

Comment

Rosemary - like your Celtic Solstice blocks.
                Heather - your quilting looks fantastic your MIL will love it.
                Geneva - looking forward to picture of latest grandchild quilt. Fun to look at the link for the chicken sweaters too.
                Wendy - wow like your torn hand dyed sheet blocks what a fun idea. I had no idea you'd had snow/cold weather until you mentioned pretty pictures on the internet.
                We're at our family second home in the desert for a couple days. (Back to the city tomorrow). Three more applique blocks to go then I'm caught up on My County Homes BOM. Now I'm working on American Quilt Trail counted cross stitch ornaments from a kit.
                Barb

Comment

I've been keeping up with all of your posts, and just want to "Ditto" to everything Barb said! Also, can't stop laughing at the knitted chicken sweaters!

I went on a quilt retreat with many of my guild members last weekend, and had a wonderful time! Good food, and good quilty fellowship. I decided to work on the things I started in classes at Houston Festival. Here is the Noriko Endo class project that is in progress, and what I spent most of the time on.

And here is the wonderful retreat center where we stay. It is about a 15 minute drive from my home.

Dawn

Comment

Dawn, it looks lovely - BOTH the project and the retreat center. They almost make me drool...sorry. I was on a quilt retreat (that's why I wasn't here at the Virtual Retreat) . It was held in an old nun's convent. Run by very old nuns. Use. Your. Imagination. The basics. But the grounds were lovely.

Comment

It's great Dawn, you're going to have fun finishing it. Wish I could have been with you. Inspiring location.

Comment

Scoupie, What a great class to have taken. Like Wendy, wish I could have joined you. Your retreat setting was lovely. Terrie, I can imagine. Hope it was fun with good fellowship with enough light and space to work.

Comment

Dawn...was that Glacier Presbyterian Camp? Did you paint the eagle, or is it appliqued? I absolutely love your piece...very cool!
                          Wendy...really like yours too....very soft looking
                          LuAnn...glad you got your star done right, love the colors!
                          Rosemary...love your blocks too!
                          Heather...very nice quilt..your MIL will love it

Dorothy

Comment

Wendy, your torn piece is wonderful! I love the colors!
                            Dawn, your piece is amazing! You two have been really creating!

I finished the top of the quilt for my grandson Dylan Christopher due in mid January. I was really stuck on what to make for this baby. I fretted and futzed and finally came across a pattern I liked, adjusted it, used all stash fabrics except the teal and wow! I really like the way it came out.

and here's a close up of his name. I used the new appli-quick stuff I got from TQS for free for signing up for another year. I really like it. It's sticky on the back so you can place and replace things really easy. And it's really easy to sew through.

I am currently making two "Frozen" no sew blankets for my granddaughters for Christmas. It's 2 layers of fleece, with all 4 edges cut into 1/2" strips and all those strips knotted together. The fleece is a living thing, I'm sure. No matter how I smooth it, it grows and shrinks. Once I got beyond these blankets being "works of art", worthy of a blue ribbon, and realized they are for cuddling and spilling hot chocolate on, I was good to go. However, do you know how boring it is to cut all those little strips and tie all those knots? I will post a picture when I finish the 2nd one. I know the girls will love them. I took them to JoAnns last September when I visited, and Sydney found the fleece Frozen fabric and in all her 4 year old glory said "Oh Graneva, will you make me a blanket with this?" as she was literally hugging the bolt of fabric. I am a happy Graneva, cutting and knotting....

I am so very thankful for all of you, my TQS friends. Whatever would I do without you? In America we will celebrate Thanksgiving this week. I have so much to be thankful for, including all of you!

Take care,
                            geneva
                            Geneva

Comment

Beautiful quilt, Dawn! You really got a lot out of that class!

Love the torn fabric quilt, Wendy! The soft, torn lines of the fabric go really well with the soft colors.

Love the baby quilt, Geneva! Yet another lucky grandchild for you! I know what you mean about the fleece blankets. I made them for my nieces several years ago. The fabrics really slip against each other and I was very frustrated until I figured out to pin them together before starting to cut and knot. That helped a lot! My nieces made one for me the next year and I absolutely love it! They are so warm and cuddly!

Comment

Wendy, Geneva,and Dawn,
                                You are all making such lovely pieces.

Wendy, I'd really like to try something similar to your piece with my hand dyed fabrics
                                Dawn, I'm sure your piece took a lot of work to achieve the composition
                                Geneva, your baby quilt is so colorful and the pattern would lend itself to fussy cutting if one wanted to make an I Spy quilt.

Enjoying the eye candy,
                                Luann

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2216 users online. 291 members and 1925 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25589   Active Members: 1,301  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X