Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat Aug thru Dec 2015 Info on first post

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sewing beads on a quilt taking me ages, may get the glue out in a minute :dry:

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Love the bag! It looks like you did a great job, so I wouldn't forego making another, if I were you. I love making bags and zippers continue to get easier as you work with them. There are a lot of easy techniques for putting zippers in bags, so trying different patterns can help you learn what works best for you and gives you the experience to be able to modify patters to make them more like what you like.

Comment

Lotti - your pot holders are beautiful! I would be afraid to use them as my pot holders frequently get scorched and stained. I'd hang them proudly in my kitchen as decoration instead!

Purple Quilter - I'm not sure what your original plan was, but could you use a neutral sashing strip to tie the two together, or a third fabric that has tones from each panel (but this might require another shopping trip)

~ Jen

Comment

Purple Quilter, I just went back over your posts about your current quilt and the things that stand out are

a) it is a rush order
          b) trying to make it double sided, although possible and the idea is attractive, will take more time to sort out the details.

Because of a I would suggest that you go with the KISS school of making - Keep It Simple S****d - in other words keep to your original plans and proceed with all due speed and get it finished. Rush orders are not necessarily the best place to start experimenting, which I think is what is starting to happen here.

Comment

OH MY GOSH YOUR RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! Not only are you right BUT yo also gave me a new idea!!!!!!!! Well kinda sorta like a new idea anyway!!! Ok time for me to get busy busy busy!!!!!!!! YESSSS and THANK you again!!!!!! LOL

Comment

Comment

I just saw your bag Jen. It is gorgeous!
                Love the potholders Lotti. They are a perfect gift.
                Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Lotti, the pot holders are beautiful! You really have some tiny strips in there, huh!?!?

Jen, love that bag! I had to laugh about your zipper comment! I made that same comment to a friend, and she just laughed at me, told me how simple they were, and I should be afraid of them. I still stear clear!

Purple Quilter, all of your Asian prints are very pretty! I'm sure anything you make with them, whether blended, matchy-matchy, or even "off" will be greatly appreciated, and keep him warm! Leave your worries and perfectionism at the door. Rosemary is right on!

QUESTION! I'm busy gathering up supplies for my Houston Festuval trip. I am taking a Noriko Endo Confetti Naturescapes class. She said to bring lots of scraps. I know I will be cutting these into confetti for my fabric "paint." Everything I have seen on-line shows her only using solids. I'm wondering if I can use my batik scraps. I don't think she ever has. Also, her scrap and my scraps are different. She shows, in one video that I found, a stack of about 6 layers of around 2" x 7" that she cuts all at once for her confetti. That's more than a scrap to me! My scraps are not stackable for cutting, due to all of the different sizes and shapes. Bottom line......I really don't want to run out and buy 10 solid fabrics, but on the other hand, I don't want to bring something to class that causes me to go too slow for the class. Help! Comments, please!

Dawn

Comment

Dawn, when i WAS GOING TO GO TO hOUSTON, i WAS ABLE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THE TEACHERS THROUGH THEIR WEBSITES TO ASK SPECIFIC QUESTIONS LIKE THIS ONE. tRY TO GET A HOLD OF HER/HIM THAT WAY. gOOD LUCK.

sorry for the caps, but in a hurry so won't undo. love anyways,

Comment

Ok, after spending most of the morning fussing and rearranging, I finally have the visual in my head worked out.............

Comment

Terrie, yes, that would be the logical thing to do! BUT, I cannot go to her site. Every time I type in www.norikoendo.com, it redirects me to another site, and all I get is one line of Japanese characters. I have no clue what it says!

Purple Quilter, I'm wondering if just the red and a black border might be more dynamic? I guess the beige just isn't speaking to me. It kind if gets lost as the outside border. Just my thinking.

Dawn

Comment

Dawn batiks will be good she'll use plains or hand dyes because they are double sided and batiks will have the same effect

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Hi Dawn -

A friend of mine took that class last year and she used all batiks with no problem. The only thing you can't use is commercial cottons because you need the backs to look like the fronts. It doesn't matter the size of the scraps that you start with, you just need piles of color big enough to fill in the areas that you choose. The biggest surprise for my friend was that Noriko didn't give you an image to start with. Instead, the students define their own images. It wasn't a problem, but it was a surprise so she was scrambling a bit at the beginning deciding what she would make. So you might think about your image ahead of time, just in case.

Comment

You all have motivated me to spend time with my sewing machine. Finished 2 charity quilts this week. Well, almost finished. LOL. Both made with pre-cuts.
                              Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

Wendy and Nancy, you made my day! I spent the afternoon cutting and ironing my batiks, so it is good to know that others have had success with them. Noriko does tell us to bring 2 or 3 pictures to work from, so I think I'm set!

Thanks again!
                                Dawn

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2218 users online. 291 members and 1927 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25589   Active Members: 1,301  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X