Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat Aug thru Dec 2015 Info on first post

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two finished Carol you're showing us up. What charity are they for.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Jen, love your bag.
      Carol the charity quilts are very pretty. Whoever receives them will love them.
      Lotti, those pot holders are too pretty to use. I think they will hang them to make the kitchen pretty .
      Tammie, like the oriental quilt. I am sure your FIL will love it.

Comment

Just got back from our trip to Italy, Greece, Croatia, Turkey....what a phenomenal vacation!!! I have not had a chance to read all the posts yet, but wanted to pop in and say hello!
        Dorothy

Comment

Welcome back Dorothy--don't forget to share pictures and stories with us.
          Ladies! You are doing some beautiful work.

Comment

Originally posted by "twiglet" post=133707
            Two finished Carol you're showing us up. What charity are they for.
            Every December my guild donates what we call 'lovies' to 1 or more children's charities. 'Lovies ' are a stuffed animal wrapped in its own quilt. We make about 300!
            Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

Lovely idea but what a lot!

Comment

Finally got a finish :whistle: I was experimenting a couple of years ago and pieced this tree, then I quilted it with an all over design that is taken from a William Morris oakleaves design - lots of starts and stops :blink: , but I think it looks worth it. Then I put it by. Rediscovered it this week and combined with some of the contents of a scraps care parcel from Lorchan I finally put a binding on it. It measures 12 1/4" across from point to point, so that makes it too large for the FoQ miniatures section, but who cares, it makes me happy. :P

Comment

A great quilt story here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-34515388

Comment

Rosemary..LOVE the quilt!!!
                    Dorothy

Comment

Love your tree, Rosemary! Very nicely done!

Comment

Cool quilt and cool story, Rosemary. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Rosemary, I really like the oak leaf quilting for your tree! I did similar quilting for a border once, but the border was a busy print, so the wonderful quilting doesn't even show! And, the WWll quilt story reminds me of how lucky we have been living here in the U.S.! Those must have been horrendous times for England! I just finished a book taken place during that exact time, and those rationed bananas were mentioned in it.

Dorothy, welcome home! Don't you just love the color around the lake right now? And, the tamaracks! We have a couple right outside our front window. Won't be long before they drop all of their needles and look like dead fir trees again!

Dawn

Comment

Originally posted by "PosyP" post=133748
                            Finally got a finish :whistle: I was experimenting a couple of years ago and pieced this tree, then I quilted it with an all over design that is taken from a William Morris oakleaves design - lots of starts and stops :blink: , but I think it looks worth it. Then I put it by. Rediscovered it this week and combined with some of the contents of a scraps care parcel from Lorchan I finally put a binding on it. It measures 12 1/4" across from point to point, so that makes it too large for the FoQ miniatures section, but who cares, it makes me happy. :P
                            Rosemary,
                            It might be too large for the FoQ miniatures, but I think it's perfect size. I could see a group hanging by each other on a wall, sort of a 'hexie home page'. How big are your little diamonds? I know I said 'nothing little again' but your piece has me thinking,,, oh, no, last time I did that I got into all sorts of activity!! I'm getting over a terrible "bug" I caught on the way to visit my kids, and I should be home in a few more days. I'll sleep in two or three days, go to the ocean (being a reformed mermaid, I must ground myself) lol, then by the end of the month I'll be backing at full speed.
                            That's the plan
                            I really like your tree, especially the leaves. Your quilting is very nice, but you know that!!
                            Luann

Comment

Thanks for sharing Rosemary! Beautiful quilt and touching story

~ Jen

Comment

Luann, the diamonds measure 1" along the side and were done using Inklingo's free block - http://www.lindafranz.com/blog/what-is-inklingo/ The tree is one I saw on the back of a quilting book and fell in love with the design. Once I get the printer talking to the computer properly I will probably start doing more of it again.

Here are pictures of the first tree I made to this pattern. It is all hand sewn and the diamonds were made from a packet of fabric samples that some shops send out, hence the seam down the middle (actually the seam down the middle is machined, but the rest of it is hand sewn) made several years ago whilst visiting the in-laws one Christmas. No it doesn't lay flat (yet) I just haven't go around to fixing it yet :whistle:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2181 users online. 281 members and 1900 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25589   Active Members: 1,301  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X