Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat Aug thru Dec 2015 Info on first post

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geneva, What fun you are having playing with your batiks. Very nice. Hoping you will continue to share the journey making that quilt.

Terrie, Nice job! I think that is a wonderful quilt. My brain gets a Charley Horse just thinking about trying to keep all those colors in order. I can understand LuAnn's difficulty.

Comment

Geneva, love your batiks. I found a problem in the second picture? Where is the clutter, the mess., the fabric that didn't get put away? Just kidding! It must be nice to be so organized. That is definitely not me. :lol: :lol:

Terrie, your Sudoku quilt is beautiful. I love the bright colors and how your quilter used a different pattern of quilting for each color of blocks.

Comment

Geneva, looks like you are having fun with your batiks, there are certainly some yummy fabrics there.

Terrie, great looking quilt.

And if those cookies are home made pass the plate over here, please.

Comment

Beautiful quilt Terrie
          Best Wishes Pam

Comment

Love the soduko quilting! And all those batiks are yummy!
            Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

Well here's the past few days of sewing the 4 patches together. Again, these are randomly put up on the wall. They are not in any particular color organization. (Except for each 4 patch.) And.... I have accidently broken rule #2. There are a couple 4 patches that have 2 of the same fabrics. I didn't realize it until after I sewed them together. (Honestly Mr. Policeman, I didn't see the speed limit sign! I'm sorry. Would you like some M&Ms or Dots?) :cheer:

Lois, here is the mess you asked for. It's still overwhelming!

Terrie, love that Sudoku quilt. The colors, the quilting, the whole idea is wonderful!

Ritzy, I took over your wall space here at the retreat while you were out playing with your grandsons. Unless we see pictures of said grandsons, I will hold your wall space for ransom! B) I bet they are adorable!

Happy weekend my friends.

geneva
              Geneva

Comment

This quilt is gonna be super !...And if you didn't tell me, I'd never find any dups !!
                I am out here,gals ...just not getting much sewing done. Had a huge yard sale over
                the long wknd and now busy packing up bookcases and dishes in buffet so that
                flooring can begin !st of Oct. I know it's good, but..... :blink:

Comment

But you'll have a lovely floor and it will end one day! Your yard sale sounds fun, if I was nearer I'd have been first there.

We've got scaffolding coming Monday then carrying on decorating stairs and landing so not much quilting done here so I'm enjoying seeing your lovely work and fabrics.

Just been away to Ibiza for a few days, nice to have a break but missed the M&Ms and you've all been talking so much I've got to catch up. Have we seen the twins yet?

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Ok--here are the twins (although I have been told I may call them the boys but not the twins):

Geneva--feel free to continue to use my design wall space--I am working on a small project.

So, I decided that since I have finished three baby quilts and one graduation quilt this summer it was time to do something else. I thought the best idea was to finish one of the two BOMs that are close to being finished. For whatever reason I decided to work on this one:

It didn't take any time at all for me to realize why I hadn't put on the border:

So, today I was thinking about how I can fix this mess so I can be proud of my work and get a border on it. Actually I think it will take more than one border. It will not be like the original and I am not really sure what it will be. Maybe I need to check what others have done? We will see.

Anyway, I have start by recutting and sewing the fabric for the Yankee Puzzle block. I have a bit more sewing to do and then a decision has to be made as to whether I appliqué the new block over the old one or if I rip everything out (keep in mind this has all been quilted). If you ladies have any ideas besides these two--feel free to let me know--if not, hand me the M & Ms please.

Comment

Do we ever recover from sleep loss? I am having a hard time getting rested since my stay with the boys. I thought I had shared this picture, but maybe not. Anyway here is momma and two of her boys:

Comment

They're gorgeous and it's gorgeous don't know which to look at first. The boys win, little angels

I think you may have shared it but lovely to see them so snugly I can almost smell them.

Leave your block alone it looks great but I guess if you're going to show it you'll want it to be perfectly accurate. No other ideas I'm afraid, I would rip it out and swear at the lost quilting rather than appliqué it over. What a fabulous quilt.

Comment

Ritzy! Your grandsons and daughter are beautiful! I'm so happy for the lot of you.

And, don't make a new block or rip out the old one. Get some pretty colored ribbon to sew down. I have some here in my stash. I'll pin it up on your small side of the wall! When in doubt embellish!

geneva
                          Geneva

Comment

Ritzy your Grandsons have melted my heart ! They look more beautiful than words can describe. Just to see them makes my arms long to cuddle them. And your quilt is gorgeous too. No suggestions on your quilt as my brain has turned to mush seeing those sweet babies.
                            Geneva I'm loving your quilt can't wait to see it finished. I'm still at the back of the retreat room having chocolate and pottering about.
                            Pam

Comment

Ritzy...beautiful babes...and quilt !! I wouldn't do anything to that block !! Embellishment
                              is a great idea....And Janet's had lot on it I think !!

Comment

Ritzy - Beautiful beautiful beautiful babies! So precious! I agree with Wendy - the boys win over the quilt, although the quilt is nice. Personally, I wouldn't use any awake time to fix the quilt, just move forward!(IMHO - but you asked for opinions, right?)

Geneva - I really love your quote - Think I should make a sign in my sewing room that says "When in doubt, embellish" Love it!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2297 users online. 263 members and 2034 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25589   Active Members: 1,300  
                                Welcome to our newest member, Vicki Robles-csadrbls80.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X