Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat Aug thru Dec 2015 Info on first post

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[hide]thinking of all the quilt shops and quilters who have been impacted by the fires in the northwest. we are many miles from the fires but had not seen the sun in 7 days because of smoke in the air.

Terrie--beautiful quilt
    Luann-amazing fabric. i enjoy your blog
    Dawn--congratulation
    Marianne--beautiful design
    [/hide]
    Deborah W

Comment

Jdeluka your monsters are looing fabulous. Sometimes it's worth un-doing stuff.
      Can't wait to taste Swedish fish Lois and Rosemary's Scottish sweeties.
      Debbie where are the fires? We haven't heard anything about them this side of the Atlantic.
      Marianne

Comment

Dawn,
        I'm so happy for you I could run around in the rain!!
        One ribbon at any level is great, but,, getting 2 ! Wowsers,, and at that level! Double Wowsers!!!!
        It was really a terrific piece, and I'm glad the judges agreed with all of us here! Congrats all over the place.

Thanks to everyone that has been leaving comments on my blog this month. Come Tuesday morning, somebody's mailbox will be the destination for some goodies. Sorry, I'm not putting in any chocolate, as I hear that postal people can smell it and confiscate it for taste testing!! LOL

Have a wonderful day,
        Luann

Comment

Congratulations Dawn on your win, your ipad cover is lovely .
          Anne

Comment

Congrats on the beautiful ribbon win for your geisha! It is well deserved.

I have been scanning the posts about the dying. Not into the process, but totally enjoying your results! They are all so striking.

I actually spent time today in my sewing room. Our last guild speaker said sometimes you just need to mindlessly sew squares together & go from there. So I took a jelly roll and sewed the strips together in pairs. Then I cut them into 4.5" squares. Not quite a rail fence, but I got some much needed therapy. LOL The blocks are up on my design wall & when I sew them together, it will be for a charity quilt.
            Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

Dawn, congratulations on your wins, great job.

Margarita
              Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

Yes, Dawn, your Geisha is quite beautiful. Congratulations.

Rosemary, Swedish fish are red gummy candy, cherry flavor I think. If I buy them I eat until they are gone. So with the rest of you I will enjoy virtual fish….

Darn, I can't figure out how to copy the "free image" here. Oh dear, I may have to buy the real thing and take a picture. But then I've already told you what will happen.

Comment

Congratulations Dawn!!!! I didn't make it up to the fair this year...just too much going on :blink: How are you fairing with all the smoke? I'm having to stay inside most of the time, because it gets to me...loose my voice, coughing all the time etc...the rain last night really helped clear the air, hope it helped put out some of the fires as well :unsure:
                  Lois, thanks for the Swedish fish I love them, but it is a good thing they are virtual :silly:
                  Marianne....the fires are all over the place in the western states...we have 2 town in NW Montana that have had to be evacuated this weekend...really hope the rain we had last night was enough to help :unsure:
                  Went out of town for the weekend, and stopped at a wonderful quilt shop....and of course picked up a couple more small :S projects to do :whistle: :evil:
                  Dorothy

Comment

Dawn, congratulations on your wins! Yay!

Lois, aren't Swedish fish kind of like Dots but in a fish form? I'll have a few... thanks for sharing!

Washington state has had the worse year for fires ever. So much has been lost. Luckily we are south enough to not be in too much danger, but like others the smoke is very harmful. Today there is a cool breeze and it is so nice to see the mountains around us. It's nice to be able to walk outside and breathe! Let's hope for some more rain.

I'm thinking about what is on my to do list for September. Gotta get motivated.

Jdlueka, love your Halloween quilt! I bet your kids will love it too!

Sybil does embroidery, but I don't have any software to make my own designs. I buy downloads and use them. But Sybil is so picky that I usually get frustrated with her and give up. I'm sure there is some "operator trouble" mixed in there too!

Have a good week everyone!

geneva
                    Geneva

Comment

"Lois, aren't Swedish fish kind of like Dots but in a fish form? I'll have a few... thanks for sharing!"

You got it! Yum!

Comment

Thank you all so much for your wonderful comments on my BOS ribbons, and my geisha! In today's mail I received a flyer for a Floriani seminar, coming up this next week. One of my BOS's premiums was a $25 gift certificate to the store that is hosting the seminar. So, I'm going to use that gift certificate, plus another $25 from my pocket, and attend one of the all day seminars. I did use Floriani thread in the machine embroidered geisha. It worked wonderfully! No complaints!

I have begun my art quilt that I plan to have done for our end of September quilt show. I'm kind of tickled as to how it is coming along. I am working with hand dyed velvet and heated Tyvek. So far so good! I burned some holes in the Tyvek, and was then able to pull some velvet up through it. I added some pearls and a mini sand dollar (an earring) and, it is beginning to look like an art piece. Of course, none of it is sewn done as yet, I'm just trying to get a feel for what the design might be. But, I'm having fun, and pretty much letting the velvet and Tyvek lead me in the direction they want to go.

As Dorothy said.........we have had some terribly smokey days here in northwest Montana. We live in a valley where the smoke is getting trapped, and have had air quality alerts daily. But, praise the Lord, we saw the sky today for the first time in two weeks, and I got to go for my walk, too. I sure have missed that! I have been a prisoner in the house, and it gets you down after a while! My geisha even looked a little dirty from hanging on the fair wall, with building doors open and smoke entering for a few days.

Here's what Swedish fish look like:

Except one of my friends enjoys the multi colored bag the best!

Dawn

Comment

Dawn, Eager to see the new art quilt. As for the Swedish Fish, my mouth is watering.

Comment

Love your geisha Dawn! I am hoping to come over for the quilt show the end of September (one of my best friends recently moved to Whitefish) so maybe will see your new art quilt

Comment

Unfortunately I'm going to be out of the country when the quilt show is going on, so will miss it this year I am fairly new to quilting, and didn't even know Kalispell had quilt shows...just found out about Glacier Quilts last year hmy: :lol:
                              Dorothy

Comment

I am sorry I will miss the chance to meet you, Dorothy. Glacier Quilts did the smartest thing moving next to the best sporting goods store in Kalispell. My husband has no problem killing time while I am in the quilt shop.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2131 users online. 204 members and 1927 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25585   Active Members: 1,289  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X