Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat Aug thru Dec 2015 Info on first post

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a green little square in the upper left corner next to the title"Virtual Retreat...etc" next to all the new posts that I haven't seen yet. There is none on old posts.
    Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Also I just went to Costco and got a giant bag of M&Ms so I'll fill the bowl.

Comment

Sorry you're having a bad time Luann keep visiting, the M&Ms help

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

I agree, this is a wonderful forum with wonderful people. Thanks LuAnn for "hosting" the virtual retreat. It's awesome.

Here are some Dots. They won't stain your fabric!

geneva
          Geneva

Comment

I made a light weight purse yesterday to take on our trip to Europe...didn't have a pattern :blink:
            Just ate some Dots thanks Geneva ! Can't talk too well though :huh: teeth are stuck together hmy: :lol:
            Love this forum, and everyone here!
            Dorothy
            Geneva

Comment

Cute bag! Enjoy your trip.
              Geneva

Comment

Thanks to these posts and the inspiration provided here, I have just returned from buying fabric AND M&Ms :cheer:

Love you gals!
                I finished them! (unfortunately, it was a small bag) But they were 2 for 1, so I get to indulge some other time....
                Geneva

Comment

This is my finished charity quilt! I love the way the gal quilted it!

Geneva

Comment

Originally posted by "idaho" post=132544
                    Oh, heck ! Where's Tribblemom?? She has all the answers ! :silly: :huh: :silly:
                    Here I am, but sorry to say I don't have an answer for the little green dot. You could ask webmaster Bob, but I don't think it really matters much when I'm much more interested in what all y'all are sharing.

Kathy
                    Geneva

Comment

Beautiful purse, Dorothy! And without a pattern, too! You will certainly be stylin' on your trip!

Love the charity quilt, Terrie! That quilting design is called "continuous curves". It's a beautiful design and a great way to avoid stitching in the ditch but still get everything tacked down as needed.

Comment

Hurray - Finally home from our vacation and caught up too (except for the TQS/ BOM)!

Jdeluka - Really like your Halloween quilt I've often thought it would be fun to make one but haven't taken any action.
                        Luann - Love your 30 fabric color wheel and your 21 combo fabrics. I've never dyed fabric but have washed/rinsed and finally used Reytane to set dye in Indigo, what a project!
                        Annis - Pass the M&M's and Peanut Brittle please!
                        Terri - Love the rag bunting and the mens charity quilt (I really like the continiuing curve quiting)!
                        Debbie - Sorry to hear re carpel tunnel surgery, nice when you're healed up. Your daughters wedding quilt sounds neat! Hurray for mom hand quilting your wall hanging too.
                        Yeah Karen and Geneva - more M&M's and DOTS too!
                        Dorothy - Love your purse I too wish you a wonderful trip to Europe.

Barb

Comment

Oh my, I couldn't think of my password!! Too much pressing of the cloth, I guess. I finished pressing the 60 half yard pieces. My feet are tired, my hands are a bit achey and I'm hungry for real food. I'll catch some dots or M&Ms later. Tomorrow I'm going to the beach in the morning cuz my feet hurt, my hands, etc etc,,, whine, whine whine!! I'll exchange it for wine, wine wine!!! Care to join me? LOL

Actually, my hubby is making some chops on the grill and we'll have some veggies with them. I'm fine and here's a little glimpse of how 60 half yard cuts look like when they're all pressed and in color order.

And a bit closer of the four new sets
                          This first set really turned out different than what I expected! So many oranges and I even got one that is black!

And what I've dyed up over the last two weeks, all sitting pretty together.

Well, see you at the beach!
                          Luann

Comment

Wow Luann!!! I just love your colors!!! I can't wait to dye up some cloth!!! What pfd fabric do you use? I did a batch with muslin, and it turned out different than the more expensive cotton.

Comment

Dorothy,
                              I tried muslin but most often its weave is too fragile I feel.
                              Right now, I'm using P&B dyers muslin. It's got a good hand but doesn't get thick feeling after being dyed.
                              I've used Kona white, I liked it but I kept looking for something less expensive. I've used Radiance, a cotton and silk blend. Totally love how each side can be a different color! But too expensive for testing type experiments. Dharma trading co has several and for 25 cents you an get a sample of ones that look interesting to you. I've also used a pfd 60" wide from Kaufman that I was able to get through a quilt shop in Wisconsin. I worked there so with my discount it was worth trying.
                              I think an important thing is to get one that you can repeatedly order so you have an idea how things are really working. The big box stores don't always get the same quality from one bolt to the next. So, it is best to order thru a dye house like Dharma or your local quilt shop. If you are buying the whole bolt they will probably give you a decent discount.
                              You can also check out Testa Fabrics. There 419 mercerized cotton is said to be quite nice. You can call in your order, as I've never been able to get the website to give me prices. I think it runs about $5.50 yard plus freight. That's a decent price!!
                              I will need to get some of mine sold if I'm going to continue my dyeing. The shelves are getting a bit full. LOL

Luann

Comment

I love your bag Dorothy! The quilting looks so nice. Have a good trip.

Terrie your charity quilt looks very handsome! I like how it looks on the couch and think a man would like the pattern too.

Enjoy your rest at the beach Luann! You need a mangle(?) to get all that fabric smoothed out! My mom had one from WAY back and my sisters and I finally gave it away to who ever would come and take it out of her house. It'd be perfect for all that flat fabric though if you are going to continue to make and sell it.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2633 users online. 366 members and 2267 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25685   Active Members: 1,313  
                                Welcome to our newest member, Susan Pinkerton-Susanpinkerton2017.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X