Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat Aug thru Dec 2015 Info on first post

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are very pretty. An interesting result.
    Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by "Scoopie" post=132367
      Marianne, I have the new Dream Machine. It is incredible! The geisha is one of the embroideries that is exclusive to the Brother, and built into the machine. Also, in the machine are 4 other geishas, but they are smaller, and have a copyright. I am very impressed with Brother's embroidery capabilities! I can go back to the exact stitch if a thread breaks, or I run out of bobbin thread! That's pretty impressive to me, since I think the geisha had around 75,000 stitches! Have you seen the Brother FMQ table/frame that allows you to use your machine on a floating/rolling platform, like a longarm, and drive the machine instead of moving the quilt? It is a 2016 item, so I don't know when it will be available. Perhaps it will be debuted at Houston Festival. Anyway, go on their site and look for FMQ frame, or maybe you can google it and get the video. (I'm not good with links!)
      Dawn
      Dawn, Congratulations on your Dream Machine that is simply just a fantastic machine. I got the newsletter and saw the new frame. Sadly I don't have the space for it so will keep away from it so I don't get tempted . I do love to FMQ on my Brother sewing machine - didn't think I would like another machine as much as my old mechanical Bernina but I do :silly: My Brother sewing machine is mostly set up for dressmaking so I still FMQ on my old Bernina. Do you use Brother's software? My Brother embroidery machine is the best embroidery machine I've ever had and I've tried a few. I will upgrade it when the upgrades arrive in October so I can use an 8"x8" hoop. I'm really excited about that. Great to meet another Brother owner here.
      Marianne

Comment

Originally posted by "Scoopie" post=132361
        Yup, Dorothy! Your tie bag turned out great! And, the quilting is wonderful for someone who has not been quilting for very long!

I'm sorry all of your summer guests have to see this beautiful area at it's worst! We can't even see the other side of the lake today, here on the north end. I'll be glad when all of the fires to the west of us are under control or out completely.

Dawn
        Me too!!! The blood red sun is pretty though, and so is the moon. Too bad that only happens when the forests are on fire

Thanks everyone for the kind comments :P it's the first time I have ever tried to make a bag :S it was fairly easy as it turned out, but I was kinda stressed about it before I started :side:
        Luann...LOVE the fabric, I can see I really have a LOT to learn :blink:

Comment

That is beautiful fabric LuAnn....

Well, Sybil and I embroidered yesterday. She was very good. I think Marianne's threat caused her to sit up and fly right!

First I embroidered names of 2 new babies on onesies. These should be so simple, but take quite a bit of time trying to get the embroidery in the center and straight. My husband helps me. It's a pain because of the knit fabric stretching, the back of the onesie is always in the wrong place and it's so small! I had to make Victorina's name much smaller due to the number of letters and the size of the hoop that would fit the onesie. I've decided all future grandchildren will have only 4 letters in their name! I tell the parents that the onesie is in case they forget who their baby is!

Then I embroidered Victorina's name on her quilt and sewed it all together. That was an easy embroidery task. I'm very happy with the way it turned out. Now I will quilt it.

I am sending good thoughts to Ritzy and her family. Hope everyone has a good week!

geneva
          Geneva

Comment

Hi Luann - Glad you loved doing the work because all that work was sure worth it. So very elegantly pretty.
            Linda

Comment

I have started 2 quilts just from stash and scraps and am also doing a small wall pictorial. All fun and for no one special. Now I have a request for a baby quitl that is "not too babyish, not traditional, not pastel, and is white grey and green for a Baby Girl eta January. Oh My!!
              I added some lilac/purples Maybe??? No pattern yet

Comment

There's quite a few lovely grey and green baby quilts here https://uk.pinterest.com/explore/modern-baby-quilts/

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

OOOH - Lots of great ideas and simple too. Have only 4 months to make- I am a hand quilter.... Thanks - Linda

Comment

Wonderful projects, Geneva! Glad Sybil is cooperating again!!

Love the new triangle quilt, Lotti! Your colors are always so bright and happy!

Nice fabrics for your baby quilt, Linda! Can't wait to see what you do with them!

Comment

Geneva,
                      I really like your baby quilt. It is so colorful and happy and clean-looking. The baby's embroidered name is the crowning touch. Beautiful.

Judith

Comment

Lotti - your triangle quilt is beautiful. Sounds like you are having a great holiday - fingers crossed for nice weather so we can get to enjoy more of your photos

I'm so glad that Sybil has taken my advice :P Your baby quilt is adorable and the name just finishes it off perfectly. You're a brave woman tackling onesies - glad I've never been asked to do any B) Yours are so nice so if I'm ever asked I know who to pass the order on to :whistle:

I love the idea of a green and purple baby quilt Linda. Can't wait to see what pattern you go with.

I've now finished my 4 FMQ samplers (feathers, leaves, flowers and berries) and can't decide whether to just leave them as samplers to refer to (they are about 21" square each) or join them and use them as a table topper in the kitchen; we have a very, very loved pine table in the kitchen 38 years ol so not quite an antigue but almost so it needs hiding from time to time when visitors come calling. The other 3 samplers are yellow, pink and light purple gingham respectively - not sure what to do. Input welcome. TIA

Marianne
                        PS the backing is the same on all 4

Comment

Somehow I missed coming over to this thread. Just now found it. Stuck on page 7 and today's chores are calling. Love seeing all the work and fun you are having. I'll catch up with the rest later and show you what I've been up to.

Comment

I have been super busy! im working on dyeing a 30 step color wheel and 36 more pieces that combine all of the primaries at varying degrees for some unique colors. I did 18 steps with generous fat quarters, and the rest in generous fat eighths. The first 18 pieces are done batching, they were rinsed, soaked for 3 hours in ice water, and rinsed again. Then they went into a hot water soak for at least 12 hours! Sometime tomorrow morning, I can check on them. The other 48 are sitting in their little cups in a picnic cooler, with some very hot water in the bottom to keep them very warm over the next 24 hours.
                            Just wanted you all to know, I haven't given up dyeing or trying!!

I'm off to bed,,,
                            Luann

Comment

WOW! I bet you're exhausted.

Comment

Marianne, your quilting is really nice. Putting it together into a table topper is a good idea. Why not enjoy looking at all that hard work you did?
                                Geneva the baby clothes and quilts are wonderful!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2172 users online. 219 members and 1953 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25685   Active Members: 1,317  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X