Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Ricky's Colourful Rhapsody

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have mine cut out and the stay stitching done, have put the appliqué on most of the blocks just four left to do but have caught a virus so don’t feel like doing anything at the moment except feel sorry for myself....lol lol lol

BUT I did and I don’t know how I did it either, use the opposite colours than Ricky stated for the blocks around the circle, so I have to re do some of the appliqué pieces as they match the colours to well to the background fabric and won’t show up, lucky we have been sent enough fabric in the multi fabric so I can use the brights in that, been a bit of a Jill the dill I say ops: ops: ops:

Taree NSW - Australia
    My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

You're making it your own 'Jill-Quilt'!
      Lotti, Kuessnacht - Switzerland

Comment

My background is all cut out and stay stitched. A fe of the appliqué cut out, doing needled turn appliqué (starting late, and had another eye treatment, so nothing will be done for a few days. Then next week starting PT for muscle spasms, so not sure how this will go. I guess I could start by appliquéing the pieces that I have cut out.

Margarita
        Lotti, Kuessnacht - Switzerland

Comment

Sorry you're having a rough time Marguerita, hope it makes things better in the long run.

Ricky said choose your own appliqué method. I find needle turning a calming method and it gives a lovely soft finish and look but it needs persistence to finish it unless your one of the tent makers of Cairo of course

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Margarita, you are ahead of me. I am to the cutting of the appliques, but had to put it aside for a while. For my guild picnic we were challenged to finish a UFO. I am working on a quilt top from 4 years ago. It is now quilted (I do need to pick a few areas and redo. ), and I need to cut the binding strips and get it sewn on. I have until the 19th, which shouldn't be a problem except today I have grandkids here, tomorrow a family reunion, Monday my B-day (DH is taking me out for the day), Tuesday going with DD to take DGD back to college (5 hr. drive each way ), etc.. Life is sure busy, but I am so thankful for it all.

Comment

Hi everyone. I am just exploring this and trying to figure out how it works. I have some of the applique work done and really like it. It does take some time though. Will be gone most of tomorrow as I won a free lunch for 2. I am taking my friend that does something with me every Friday. She thought that was pretty neat that we would have a free lunch and then onto some quilt shops and one is having free coffee, etc. as they are closing. Hope to get back to the applique work on Saturday and maybe figure out how to post a picture on the classroom area. Maybe someone could let me know.

Comment

I dyed all my fabric a few weeks ago, have all the pieces stay stitched and ready to cut out the pieces. We are driving to Nebraska and that will be something to do in the car. Went to a BIG quilt show last weekend and found steam a seam. Boy is it different from the old stuff. But I do like how much stickier it is than the old stuff. Do not like the paper,'very much like freezer paper with the shiny side up and hard to mark on and to see through, but made it through.

Comment

Just looked at mine I bought last week and it's the same. I'll save release paper from other fusibles. Still save the amount of freezer paper I buy.

Show us the fabrics you dyed. Pleeeeaasse

Comment

Originally posted by MargaritaW
                    My background is all cut out and stay stitched. A fe of the appliqué cut out, doing needled turn appliqué (starting late, and had another eye treatment, so nothing will be done for a few days. Then next week starting PT for muscle spasms, so not sure how this will go. I guess I could start by appliquéing the pieces that I have cut out.

Margarita
                    If you feel up to it yes work on some of the ones you have done, may give you a little bit of a lift and cheer you up

Taree NSW - Australia
                    My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

Has anyone used Pellon's Lite EZ-Steam II Fusible Web in place of the Lite Steam-A-Seam 2 by the Warm Company? I haven't been able to find any more of the Lite Steam-A-Seam 2, called the Warm Company, they are still having production problems, need new machinery so it will be a while. I've read the instructions on the Pellon product, seems a bit convoluted, not as straightforward & easy as the Warm product. I have the center appliques ironed on with the last of my Steam-A-Seam 2, now will have to try the Pellon, hoping it works. Any advice?
                      Thank you!

Lori

Comment

No I've not but will have a look for it. I'm using the new Steam a Seam 2 Lite and it's really not easy. The paper is very thick, not so easy to see through and less forgiving. The adhesive seems to be stickier so its sticking to my scissors as I cut.
                        I didn't use Ricky's method of using it at first which is easier with these issues.

I'm really excited about my piece though and am looking forward to having a bit of time later to keep fusing. How's yours?

Comment

Thanks for your response Twiglet. The Pellon Lite EZ Steam II is very difficult to work with. The one side the fusible web is stuck to is thick, almost like the pressing sheet texture, can't see through it or write on it. The paper side is fine, just doesn't stick to the fusible web at all, is loose, slides all over when you are tracing and cutting out the pattern with the fabric! The fusible web ends up not stuck to anything after peeling off the thick piece, sticks to itself, pleats, folds over, etc! Just to get it onto the fabric I had to re-trace & cut 3 or 4 more pieces! Don't like it at all! I asked if anyone on facebook knew of a place to order the Warm Co Lite Steam-A-Seam 2, a friend in WA is sending some! Yea! I have all my pieces cut out, stay stitched, on my design wall, the center has all the applique ironed on. I was travelling, g'ma-ing July-September! Decided to wait to begin so I wouldn't be interrupted and hoped I would have all the SaS2! Yours looks wonderful! Once you get started, it's hard to wait for time or materials!

Comment

That's good news you'll be able to get going again.

Well I messed up a bit as I wanted to use my own hand dyes and a lovely piece as background I bought at a show. It wasn't big enough to do it full size so it's a lot smaller which has made it difficult to follow Ricky's curved piecing. I did a couple of pieces but it wasn't flat so I swapped to using glue stick to piece. I'll try again when I make something with larger smoother curves.

Comment

It's a beautiful fabric, I can see why you wanted to use it! When it's done, it will have been worth it! Sometimes we have to make it up as we go along to get the results we envision! Enjoy the process!
                              Lori

Comment

Yeh I've finally got time to get on with the project. Bit of poetic license taken with Ricky's techniques

And I'm experimenting with quilting patterns, does it look chaotic :?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2145 users online. 281 members and 1864 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X