Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Libby Lehman's Threadplay.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PosyP
    Rita, I love your cushion cover, and am pleased that you found a use for it

Marianne, I love how you have described it, but as for the wellies - how about ones with liquorice allsorts on them?
    Ooh, Rosemary, yes liquorice allsorts could be a strong contender; mind you black poodles on pink background could too :lol:
    As for joining me in the puddles - the more the merrier what ever kind of wellies you are wearing
    Marianne

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
      Ah but Rosemary, you were forgetting about the back-up machine. And the back-up machine for the back-up machine....There is no fear of much housework getting done here. I was out most of the day today and came home to find that DH and the ailing DD had made a cake! It looks wonderful, all chocolaty and creamy.(Not for me but for a friend of DD who had a birthday yesterday and is visiting the sick today.) And they cleaned up after themselves. :shock: It's a miracle!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rita, so glad to hear DD is feeling better.

Comment

That's good news. The ailing daughter is feeling well enough to help with the cake. If she feels well enough to do a few things from time to time she will not be so bored. She also might bug you a bit more too. At least she's seems to be just a bit better.

Comment

Gotta love the miracle, Rita and I'm glad your daughter is doing better!

Comment

I'm impressed with the miracle as well! Good days, not so good days and bad days, just hoping for more of the former and less of the latter.

Comment

I agree with all the comments about Libby's Threadplay class. It was fabulous. I plan to start practicing her techniques today. One question. I did not catch what weight or type of thread she uses for her satin stitches. Anybody out there know the answer to that question?

Comment

I'm guessing it's a 50 wt. or at most a 40 wt. poly trilobol thread. Her zigzag stitches appear to be set close together to get that beautiful smooth edge. I bought Libby's CD last year through Ricky's website and just love it. She is sooo uber organized and her teaching style is fabulous! I signed up for Libby's workshop in Houston this year and am looking forward to a fun learning time with her. And, thank you TQS for making Libby's Threadplay CD available to members so we can all learn from this wonderful and creative teacher.

Comment

Thanks I will try those thread weights.

Comment

Here are the threads listed on her web site in the supply list for the class we watched online.

___The Bottom Line,Bobbinfil, Tru-Sew, Metrolene, Sew-Bob, Clotilde or YLI Bobbin & Lingerie. These are very fine, synthetic threads for the bobbin.

___30 or 40 wt decorative threads in colors that contrast with your fabrics. Can also use variegated. These can be silk, rayon, acrylic or polyester.

I just Googled "what thread does Libby Lehman use".

Comment

Clever, Karen. Thank you for sharing this info

Comment

Karen, you are one smart cookie! :wink: Thanx for taking the guess work out of Libby's Threadplay! 8)
                        Shirley

Comment

Awwww ops: Thanks

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Hi everyone. I have been looking for the small applique scissors Libby uses for cutting around here layers. Ive googled applique scissors and still can't seem to find the exact ones she is using. I thought they were put out by clover but still can't seem to find them. Does anyone know where I can find them? Nan in upstate NY

Comment

Hi Nan,
                                I've looked on British web sites but can't find any Clover applique scissors, what about writing to Clover or even Libby she maybe able to help.
                                They were really neat weren't they?
                                Good luck
                                Anne

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2108 users online. 225 members and 1883 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X